TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TAXING THE MILES WE DRIVE

Just hit the Salvage Yards and Ebay and start buying the Speedos with Low Mileage and change it out every so often........................

It will not be by speedometer. It will be by GPS. GEEEEEEEEE, could the government then also track your every move? Is it a coincidence that this form of Big Brother is always proposed by democrats?

This would have to come to a vote I would think and I don't see many people voting for something like this. Our privacy is slowly going away as it is. Totally stupid.

The only vote would be by legislators. Not by the everyday citizen. Look at all the laws that have been passed. You did not vote for those either.

Obama has said he will not pursue the mileage tax. This year anyway. That Is a good thing BUT that does not stop are state Goverment from doing it. check this out.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/20/dri...ml?iref=topnews

It will not be by speedometer. It will be by GPS. GEEEEEEEEE, could the government then also track your every move? Is it a coincidence that this form of Big Brother is always proposed by democrats?

Cell Phones are "GPS"...........They could track us in or out of the car?????????????

The democrats are not planning this only to tax us on mileage. With mandatory GPS units in our cars, they will track our every move, know where we've driven at all times, digging deeper into our private lives, use it to send us speeding tickets, they might tax us or charge fees for driving to certain places like, for example, areas of the country that are more politically conservative.....

Yep...just the few remaining red states! Wait! Are there any? :hysterical:

NOW I understand what Obama meant by CHANGE!!!

It's all any of us will have left when he's done with us!!!!!!

I guess you really didn't "read" the article heh?

"President Barack Obama will not adopt a policy to tax motorists based on how many miles they drive instead of how much gasoline they buy, his chief spokesman said Friday.

"It is not and will not be the policy of the Obama administration," Gibbs told reporters, when asked for the president's thoughts about the policy and LaHood's remarks."

Now having said that, as someone that DID read the article, it doesn't really raise the REAL issue which is we fund highways using the gas tax. That was all well and good for a time but with cars gas mileage increasing people are buying less gas and driving more. So we're left with the problem of how then will we keep the highway infrastructure in a state of repair and expansion needed?

I don't honestly expect anything more than what I have seen here so far, but it made me think, and it should make all of us think. The day will come where the gas tax just won't do it anymore. What then is the alternative? I don't at all like this idea but we'll need to come up with something and it has to be apportioned to those that make the most use of the public commons, I'm open to suggestions of how we do that.

Or, you guys can just make more crazy anti-whatever rants...I mean I've back away from this silliness the last month and can see now nothings really changed!

You have an opportunity here to REALLY THINK and work through the competing interests here and offer your own perspectives on this...nawww...forget it... :talkhand:

I guess you really didn't "read" the article heh?

"President Barack Obama will not adopt a policy to tax motorists based on how many miles they drive instead of how much gasoline they buy, his chief spokesman said Friday.

"It is not and will not be the policy of the Obama administration," Gibbs told reporters, when asked for the president's thoughts about the policy and LaHood's remarks."[/color

Yeah, the key phrase in that statement is "said Friday"

And, when he does a 180 on Monday, it will never get reported............just implemented!

Thank You sir, May I have another! :bowdown:

Archived