TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Get Together In Hermann MO

Cobra Boy

I just wanted to extend the invite to everyone in Missouri (or otherwise) that wants to attend. The seven of us that gathered in St Louis last saturday discussed getting together this spring in Hermann MO to take pics at the most beautiful site. We would like to get a loca chapter of the GT500 owner's club started but everyone wishing to attend would certainly be welcome.

Please feel free to PM me your contact info and I will add you to our database that we've started. By the way, we are all private citizens and will not use information for any purpose other than notifying you of our events.

We'd love to see all colors represented. :D

Cobra Boy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to extend the invite to everyone in Missouri (or otherwise) that wants to attend. The seven of us that gathered in St Louis last saturday discussed getting together this spring in Hermann MO to take pics at the most beautiful site. We would like to get a loca chapter of the GT500 owner's club started but everyone wishing to attend would certainly be welcome.

Please feel free to PM me your contact info and I will add you to our database that we've started. By the way, we are all private citizens and will not use information for any purpose other than notifying you of our events.

Cobra Boy

PM sent...thanks, Reg

Cobra Boy

Cobra Boy

You know I am in! That was a lot of fun and I am already ready to do it again.

Eph.2:8-9

Cobra Boy

I'm in. Thanks

Matt

• 4 months later...

I wanted to bring this thread up to the forefront again since the show is getting close. I realize there will always be some private messaging going on about some things, but it would be nice if we could post much of the common info on this thread so it's easier to keep everyone in the loop.

I am going to the show...here's some info:

I will be leaving my house around 9 am Friday...which should get me to O'Fallon area (where my hotel is) around 3 pm (given a lunch stop and all the gawkers ogling the car :hysterical2: ) . The hotel I'm staying at is the Baymont Inn and Suites in O'Fallon. I booked through Expedia at $68/night + taxes. LaMonte (who lives in the area) said this is a safe hotel, with a well-lit parking lot, and would be fine. This location is on the East side of St. Louis, so there will be a bit of a drive (I think about an hour to 90 minutes?) to the show in Hermann. I may have some activities planned for the evenings...still firming up that info.

LaMonte, mrfarmdog, etc. feel free to chime in.

I'll be staying over Saturday night as well, and will drive back home Sunday morning.

Dave

AlloyDave,

Good call on keeping this thing up at the top.

Just a reminder that anyone wanting info can call me, pm me, or email me. I will send out an update bulletin to everyone.

We would love to see a huge group (we have over 20 cars coming).

Thanks to all,

Cobra Boy

FYI

There are several of us that are staying in O'Fallon the night before so we can go to Midnight Madness at Gateway International Raceway. Some will be spectating, some will be running. Regardless it will be a fun time!

I also want to start a list of people on this forum that are attending. Please add your name and car color / type if you are going.

NICKNAME : CAR COLOR AND TYPE : ATTENDING MIDNIGHT MADNESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) MrFarmdog : Black Vert With Tungsten Stripes : Midnight Madness (running)

FYI

There are several of us that are staying in O'Fallon the night before so we can go to Midnight Madness at Gateway International Raceway. Some will be spectating, some will be running. Regardless it will be a fun time!

That's the spirit farmdog....thanks for piping up (doing the opposite of what RUF usually says to do :hysterical2: ).

I think we have a few others that will be joining us...VNMOUS1 (BJ) and blayne will likely be coming... :woot:

Anyone wanting more details....post your questions here and we'll get them out in the open. Once it gets closer, we'll need to all trade phone numbers somehow and decide on details of the night at the race track (I think it's called Gateway).

I do have some easy questions for LaMonte or Blayne...someone in that area:

1) Apparently there is a big party at Gateway that night...were you aware of this?

2) Will this make it easier or more difficult for us to race? In other words, can anyone race on that night?

3) I can't easily tell from their website...do they have a dragstrip or is it a road course? It looks like a road course...but I'm thinking there's a drag strip in there somewhere. :hysterical2:

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I also want to start a list of people on this forum that are attending. Please add your name and car color / type if you are going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Alloy Dave: Alloy coupe w/satin silver stripes : uh....I don't know if I'm attending...you tell me. :hysterical2:

Good idea farm...I've added mine. As you can see I don't know what this midnight madness thing is...you tell me what to do and I'll do it. :hysterical: I feel like such an idiot when I'm clueless. :fan:

2) Alloy Dave: Alloy coupe w/satin silver stripes : uh....I don't know if I'm attending...you tell me. :hysterical2: Your running Dave.

3) Blayne9067: Red Coupe w/white strips : Midnight Madness (running)

2) Alloy Dave: Alloy coupe w/satin silver stripes : uh....I don't know if I'm attending...you tell me. Your running Dave.

3) Blayne9067: Red Coupe w/white strips : Midnight Madness (running)

4) VNMOUS1: Red coupe with white stripes: If we can run, I'll run. If we spectate together, I'll spectate.

I asked Dave today if someone had lined up a dyno (and a spot to do it if Hermann is as sleepy little wine-burg as I think). It

be cool to give everybody a chance to do a pull (no wideband, no multiples, just a pull).

Here are a couple more whacky ideas......depending on how many we get to actually race (provided that's truly an option) how about pooling resources (read: dough) to purchase X number of stickies and wheels and a couple of jacks. You can get a really small jack/stand/chock/creeper kit at Pep Boys for $60. How about a couple of those and 3 sets of wheels and tires and we could all swap off. All the fun...a fraction of the price...and true teamwork.

Thoughts????

bj

ok, I'm running :woot:

Do I need to get tickets in advance?

Should I wear Depends?

I also have a bunch of race questions...I just read all the rules for Gateway...please interpret the following in layman's terms:

1) "You will be called into staging lanes by announcer or 92.7." Does this mean that you can tune your radio to a station that will tell you when to stage? If so, how do I know it's me they are calling...do they say "Alloy Dave, it's your turn"? :hysterical2:

2) What should I tell them for a dial-in time? :headscratch:

3) It says I'll be "directed to the water box for a burnout"...but I don't want water since I don't have slicks...how do I signal them that I don't want any water? Or can I politely drive around the water box?

4) "Be sure to make all calls to lanes." WHat the heck does that mean?

5) It says "First round: luck of draw, inverted tech cards if there is a bye". WHat the heck is an inverted tech card...where do they keep it...geesh this all makes no sense to me...mommy hold my hand. :baby:

This is going to be funny....front page of paper the next day....

"Man in alloy Mustang starts in right lane, but says he pulled into left lane because he was "passing" the other car." :hysterical2: "Then the man turns off at the end of the track, and upon stopping at the ET booth he asks where his fries and coke are." :fan: "Finally, the man starts honking in the staging lanes because he thought there was a traffic jam" :huh:

Dave

Good idea farm...I've added mine. As you can see I don't know what this midnight madness thing is...you tell me what to do and I'll do it. :hysterical: I feel like such an idiot when I'm clueless. :fan:

Based on my understanding the Midnight Madness series is supposed to be an event where everyone of all skill levels have a chance to participate. So we should be able to show up, tell them that we want to run, pay a fee, get our cars certified and make some runs. Here is a clip I took from another site about the event at Gateway -----------

The Midnight Madness program will increase to eight events from April through October. Open all cars and motorcycles, MM events are conducted on Friday nights with gates opening at 8 PM and racing continuing until 3 AM.

--------

Regardless it should be a lot of fun to either participate or just watch for the evening. I hope we can get lots of us together.

ONE NOTE: In order for us to have all our cars together we may all want to say we are running so we can park together in the pits. You may have to pay $20 or so to do this vs. $6 to park in a parking lot but I would rather do that to keep my car under observation.

LSR - You live local to the track can you expand on how things are handled there? Can we do what I mentioned above regarding parking in the pit area?

Pardon my caps. They are meant to differentiate between my comments and yours. Also I am by no means an expert. I have been to the track once with my car so if my comments are wrong I am sure "an expert" will correct me.

ok, I'm running :woot:

Do I need to get tickets in advance?

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUST SHOW UP AND PAY

Should I wear Depends?

DEPENDS ON HOW FAST YOUR CAR IS

I also have a bunch of race questions...I just read all the rules for Gateway...please interpret the following in layman's terms:

1) "You will be called into staging lanes by announcer or 92.7." Does this mean that you can tune your radio to a station that will tell you when to stage? If so, how do I know it's me they are calling...do they say "Alloy Dave, it's your turn"? :hysterical2:

AN ANNOUNCER WILL CALL YOUR CAR NUMBER (YOU GET IT DURING YOUR TECH INSPECTION) WHICH CAN BE DONE OVER FM DEPENDING ON THE TRACK.

2) What should I tell them for a dial-in time? :headscratch:

WHAT IS YOUR EXPECTED ET FOR YOUR CAR? HAVE YOU RUN BEFORE? BY THE WAY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING IN A VERT FASTER THAT 13.49 SECONDS YOU NEED A HELMET. I THINK COUPES NEED A HELMET IF YOU ARE RUNNING 11.99 OR FASTER. I BOUGHT MY HELMET TODAY.

3) It says I'll be "directed to the water box for a burnout"...but I don't want water since I don't have slicks...how do I signal them that I don't want any water? Or can I politely drive around the water box?

YOU CAN GO AROUND THE WATER BOX IF YOU DO NOT WANT A BURNOUT. IF YOU ARE ON STREET RADIALS YOU DO NOT NEED A BURNOUT. JUST A QUICK TURN TO CLEAN YOUR TIRES

4) "Be sure to make all calls to lanes." WHat the heck does that mean?

SHOW UP WHEN THEY CALL YOU. DRIVE YOUR CAR UP AND GET IN LINE.

5) It says "First round: luck of draw, inverted tech cards if there is a bye". WHat the heck is an inverted tech card...where do they keep it...geesh this all makes no sense to me...mommy hold my hand. :baby:

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE.

This is going to be funny....front page of paper the next day....

"Man in alloy Mustang starts in right lane, but says he pulled into left lane because he was "passing" the other car." :hysterical2: "Then the man turns off at the end of the track, and upon stopping at the ET booth he asks where his fries and coke are." :fan: "Finally, the man starts honking in the staging lanes because he thought there was a traffic jam" :huh:

Dave

Gentlemen,

Have fun but take care of those cars so you can actually make it to Hermann.

I won't be joining (although I would love to) but I have to be in Hermann early.

Take care.

CB

Hey guys, what's goin on?

Looks like the Herman, Mo outting is getting bigger with GT500's coming from all over. Just got a call from a gentlemen(Steve) from Ft.Leonard Wood that says he will come down for the Track outting on friday night and follow to Herman Sat. morning. Looks like we will have all of the colors with Steve's car being Grabber Orange.

Dave, I will lead you guys into the track were we can park in the pits. These all nighters attract a large crowd of street cars and cars with open headers are not allowed, just street cars.

I will not run my car, I will spectate. Stang Crazy will be coming as well as Harley Dealer with his stage 4 beast.

Come one come all, everyone is welcome to come attend this Herman, MO Shelby meet & greet. The more the merrier :hyper:

post-3039-1175742599_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1175742599_thumb.jpg

Looks like the Herman, Mo outting is getting bigger with GT500's coming from all over. Just got a call from a gentlemen(Steve) from Ft.Leonard Wood that says he will come down for the Track outting on friday night and follow to Herman Sat. morning. Looks like we will have all of the colors with Steve's car being Grabber Orange.

Dave, I will lead you guys into the track were we can park in the pits. These all nighters attract a large crowd of street cars and cars with open headers are not allowed, just street cars.

I will not run my car, I will spectate. Stang Crazy will be coming as well as Harley Dealer with his stage 4 beast.

Come one come all, everyone is welcome to come attend this Herman, MO Shelby meet & greet. The more the merrier :hyper:

Hey LaMonte! Glad to see your post. You have been laying low. Can you provide any more info on midnight madness? How much does it cost to run? Can you bring a helmet to share if it is required? I have one large I will bring. Any other requirements we should be aware of?

Alright - It looks like I got the all clear from the wife as long as I take the boy. THis will mean likely no running at the late night races for me unless i fold him up and let him sleep in the trunk and I'm not quite that irresponsible.

It looks like I'll be at the Sat. show and looking forward to meeting everyone. Dave - I'm hoping to stay at a friends house in O'fallon so maybe we can drive in on Sat. together if you make it back from the Midnight mess.

Regards all

Pardon my caps. They are meant to differentiate between my comments and yours. Also I am by no means an expert. I have been to the track once with my car so if my comments are wrong I am sure "an expert" will correct me.

Thank you for answering all my questions, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Now I just need to think a bit harder about the Depends. :hysterical2:

Great info LSR...thanks.

Note to anyone....can anyone bring a video camera? I don't have one. It would be great to get some movies. I'm willing to throw in $10 for someone to purchase media (flash drives or whatever) and for their trouble to shoot some video.

AD

Alright - It looks like I got the all clear from the wife as long as I take the boy. THis will mean likely no running at the late night races for me unless i fold him up and let him sleep in the trunk and I'm not quite that irresponsible.

It looks like I'll be at the Sat. show and looking forward to meeting everyone. Dave - I'm hoping to stay at a friends house in O'fallon so maybe we can drive in on Sat. together if you make it back from the Midnight mess.

Regards all

IF? IF I make it back from the midnight mess? Heck, I might make it back with a trophy. :happy feet:

Great news ice...we'll keep in touch.

I'm going to start putting together a cheat sheet with all the cell phone numbers of the key players. I won't publish it here to preserve confidentiality....but I'll have it on me.

Dave

Regards all

When I take my boy to the track I usually am with someone that will watch him while I make a run. That way he gets to see me on the track! If you want I can do that for you. There will be several of us there.

When I take my boy to the track I usually am with someone that will watch him while I make a run. That way he gets to see me on the track! If you want I can do that for you. There will be several of us there.

I am NOT changing any diapers. :stop::hysterical2:

(I've never had kids)

I agree ice...we can watch him for a few minutes...just bring some earplugs. How old is he? (may be Depends at the track one way or another :hysterical2::hysterical2: ) oh man I'm crackin' up here. :hysterical:

(I've never had kids)

I agree ice...we can watch him for a few minutes...just bring some earplugs. How old is he? (may be Depends at the track one way or another :hysterical2::hysterical2: ) oh man I'm crackin' up here. :hysterical:

Yeah how old is he? My boy is 6 and he seems to have a pretty good time.

Great info LSR...thanks.

Note to anyone....can anyone bring a video camera? I don't have one. It would be great to get some movies. I'm willing to throw in $10 for someone to purchase media (flash drives or whatever) and for their trouble to shoot some video.

AD

I'll bring the video cam. It's a digital 8. Should be fine. BTW check your PM for cellphone.

bj

(I've never had kids)

Just turned 3 and fully potty trained so no issues there....recently discovered the art of peeing outside and is a big fan of that so we're good there too. THe idea of him riding out there Friday evening and then being up until midnight or more and getting up on Sat etc. is more the fear i have. I think we'll just pass on the track event because of the high likely hood that with out sleep it will be a miserable sat. with him....not to mention I got the Ok from my friends to crash with them and they have a boy turning 3 in a couple of weeks so they can wear each other out.

I'll bring the video cam. It's a digital 8. Should be fine. BTW check your PM for cellphone.

bj

Great! Yes, I got the cellphone. I'm making an Excel spreadsheet of contacts for the show...so we can get ahold of each other. Again, I won't publish the numbers in the forum. If there's anything you don't want to give to me, that's fine...I understand. Just provide me whatever you're willing from the list below.

LSR - Do you have a cell phone? If so, please PM it to me. I already have your home phone.

iceman - I know I had your contact info once...but our mailboxes are so small I deleted :banghead: Can you re-send cell phone and home phone?

CobraBoy - I have one phone for you...not sure if it's cell or home...starts with 573. Please send the other one and let me know which is which.

Blayne - can you send me cell, home, and email please?

KCMO - please send both home and cell phone info

Anyone else who wants to be "in the loop" for this event? :hysterical2:

Once I get it all filled out, I'll be willing to send it to the group in an email if you like.

Dave

Archived