TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will Shelby Sponsor US F1

Romancer

It would be cool if Shelby was involved, but I can't see that happening, especially since Shelby involvement probably would equate to Ford involvement and that seems very unlikely in the currect economic environment.

Will Shelby be one of the sponsors for USF1?

I understand that money is tight for everyone, but I was just thinking that--if any high performance outfit should sponsor USF1--it should be SHELBY.

USF1 will be a Formula 1 team based in the US.

usf1logo-sep08.jpg

http://usf1.com

I don't think the F1 viewing audience is Shelby's target market and therefore I believe that is why they chose to sponser the Vegas NASCAR race. American car company at an American race with buyers of American product. I think putting money towards a sponsership of an F1 race, which really is not all that popular in the US to begin with, would not be worth the effort. Sure, F1 has a world wide audience but outside the US and Canada, how many vehichle sales would a sponsership translate in too?

I like F1 but when I think F1 I think Ferrari. I like NASCAR too but when I think NASCAR I think North America (FORD, Chrysler, GM, I guess Toyota too even though they are foriegn). I think if they want to spend money on race sponserships, NASCAR is absolutely the right choice.

Jmho.

QSS

Shelby doesn't need to provide engines or any parts. It would be great exposure for the brand. Shelby is a tuner and use of its name shouldn't involve Ford in anything. At least that's my $.02

In most current markets, if you have the money, you can get some very good deals. If USF1 is in the same boat, Shelby could get some real value for relatively little investment. Might be a good move.

I appreciate the inputs.

I don't think the F1 viewing audience is Shelby's target market and therefore I believe that is why they chose to sponser the Vegas NASCAR race. American car company at an American race with buyers of American product. I think putting money towards a sponsership of an F1 race, which really is not all that popular in the US to begin with, would not be worth the effort. Sure, F1 has a world wide audience but outside the US and Canada, how many vehichle sales would a sponsership translate in too?

I like F1 but when I think F1 I think Ferrari. I like NASCAR too but when I think NASCAR I think North America (FORD, Chrysler, GM, I guess Toyota too even though they are foriegn). I think if they want to spend money on race sponserships, NASCAR is absolutely the right choice.

Jmho.

QSS

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I mean sponsoring the new team USF1, not a particular F1 race. I agree that Shelby sponsoring an F1 race would not be worth the price of admission at all. MAYBE when we get the USGP back. Even that would be a long shot.

Shelby doesn't need to provide engines or any parts. It would be great exposure for the brand. Shelby is a tuner and use of its name shouldn't involve Ford in anything. At least that's my $.02

I doubt SAI has enough money to get involved in an F1 operation other than to be a partial sponsor which might get them a sticker on the car in a couple of spots. I guess it wouldn't hurt so long as the the team had some successes. I would certainly be a fan!

Archived