TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Inexpensive cool new mod....

MMcGuirk

This past weekend I installed Steeda's billet idler pulleys.

Literally took 10 minutes, cost $119 plus freight. The PN is the same for SC and naturally aspirated cars. I have a Whipple, but checked with KB annd Saleen. They will fit these apps.

The Steeda pulleys have a bigger, better quality bearing and weight much less then the stock stamped steel FOMOCO ones.

They look great and I swear my car runs smoother.

I will post pics tomorrow.

This past weekend I installed Steeda's billet idler pulleys.

Literally took 10 minutes, cost $119 plus freight. The PN is the same for SC and naturally aspirated cars. I have a Whipple, but checked with KB annd Saleen. They will fit these apps.

The Steeda pulleys have a bigger, better quality bearing and weight much less then the stock stamped steel FOMOCO ones.

They look great and I swear my car runs smoother.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Can you post the link to the part? The one I found is $209 direct from Steeda.

Also, did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it? If shop, how much was the labor?

Ken

Can you post the link to the part? The one I found is $209 direct from Steeda.

Also, did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it? If shop, how much was the labor?

Ken

Hey Ken

I did the install, it was a snap -

I used a 1/2" drive breaker bar in the receptacle on the belt tensioner, removed the belt from the alternator, used a 15mm socket to remove the coolant hose support bracket, removed the stock pulleys with a 13mm socket, installed the Steedas with supplied hardware and torqued to 20 lb/ft, re-installed the hose bracket and popped the belt back on.

The entire process took 10 minutes. Steeda supplies excellent install instructions.

Got the camera out and the battery was dead. I will charge tonight and take some photos to post.

Michael

I will help Michael out, he sent me his extra set and I installed them in about 15 minutes, I took the belt off of the KB S/C becuase it was easier then the alt, because the alt had a lip on it and was too hard to slip over and I also used loctite on the threads, Rick

DSCN0165.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I will help Michael out, he sent me his extra set and I installed them in about 15 minutes, I took the belt off of the KB S/C becuase it was easier then the alt, because the alt had a lip on it and was too hard to slip over and I also used loctite on the threads, Rick

DSCN0165.jpg

Rick, those look awsome. ? Is there a benefit other than looks for this mod? Is there a performance gain. I try to stay out of the engine bay unless there is a power/efficiency gain.

Mike

They are good for looks and I think the bearings are better than stock as some people have had them make alot of noise, I do not want to get stuck outta town with a bad pulley, but in my mind they are worth 50 hp, Rick

Rick, those look awsome. ? Is there a benefit other than looks for this mod? Is there a performance gain. I try to stay out of the engine bay unless there is a power/efficiency gain.

Mike

Archived