TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New York Post Cartoon

...this is all sad.......I now suppose that any cartooning or lampooning of Obama is subject to being called racist since he is indeed black????...maybe we should all just get past that and acknowledge that Obama has many facets, more than just the color of his skin......and that as a politically elected president, not all will agree with his decisions for many reasons.........no reason to demonize the other political side to try and prove your side correct......

holy smokes wolftrap - you've been a member for 6 weeks and look what you've done!! hehe ... j/k

political cartooning is not like the comics page. At it's best it is satirical, meant to elicit comment and controversy. there will be many opinions, for and against, all subject to individual interpretation.

let's keep our shiny side up here ....

holy smokes wolftrap - you've been a member for 6 weeks and look what you've done!! hehe ... j/k

political cartooning is not like the comics page. At it's best it is satirical, meant to elicit comment and controversy. there will be many opinions, for and against, all subject to individual interpretation.

let's keep our shiny side up here ....

:hysterical:

"SHINY SIDE UP"?????????? "MOON SHOT"??????????? :eek5:

You didn't name names, but you inferred that anyone who doesn't agree with you that this is a racially motivated cartoon is automatically a bigot.

Which amusingly enough is good evidence that you are a bigot by definition.

Takes some pretty good mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion???????????

Im not trying to win a debate or make some see things as I do but rather see the provacative

opinians of the good intelegent members here........And maybe some other members to??????? :lurk:

It should go without saying that these posts generate a great amount of commentary - which is what they are supposed to do - it's healthy for our freedom.

But please understand that SAI must insist in a civilized debate.

We've been close to closing the open topic for a while now. If we can debate with respect toward each other, we'll more than happy to keep it open. Remember, the person you're debating with is part of the Shelby family. ;)

It should go without saying that these posts generate a great amount of commentary - which is what they are supposed to do - it's healthy for our freedom.

But please understand that SAI must insist in a civilized debate.

We've been close to closing the open topic for a while now. If we can debate with respect toward each other, we'll more than happy to keep it open. Remember, the person you're debating with is part of the Shelby family. ;)

Hence the apology. And me and ddt are cool. PM make up.

Is this part of the AG's saying that Americans are racial cowards?

If you don't see this as racist, you're racist!

If you see it as racist, it's proof that America has a long way to go.

Nice lose-lose situation.

Was Obama's "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig", sexist?

Lets get real my fellow Americans!

***edit

Where was this outrage and racist calling when the cartoon was of Sec. Rice?

The way I saw Obamas "Lipstick on a Pig" was that the VP choice of Palin was the "Lipstick"

and the GOP Presidential Campaign was the "PIG"?????????????

Maybe "sexist" but a pretty humorous accurate label?????????????? :lurk:

Archived