TEAM SHELBY FORUM

took my car to Auto Arts yesterday for the new scoop and stripes

I took my car to Auto Arts in Raleigh NC yesterday (4 hour drive for me). It is supposed to be ready on Monday the 23rd.

I was impressed by this shop. They appear to specialize in restorations and custom work. They were working on an '07 or '08 GT500 (black with silver stripes). They were modifying the body (side scoops, quarter window vents, side vents on the front fendors to vent the engine, carbon fiber hood, etc.) They were going to paint it "flat" black with "gloss" black stripes. Pretty cool!

They were also restoring a 68 fastback mustang shell. Replacing lots of metal and essentially making a pristine painted shell with all the panels for the owner to build the rest himself. Trucks, and a Corvette and others in process.

They took it upon themselves to become experts in this scoop and stripe repair because they saw a business opportunity. Captialism is great!

I'll let you know how it goes.

I took my car to Auto Arts in Raleigh NC yesterday (4 hour drive for me). It is supposed to be ready on Monday the 23rd.

I was impressed by this shop. They appear to specialize in restorations and custom work. They were working on an '07 or '08 GT500 (black with silver stripes). They were modifying the body (side scoops, quarter window vents, side vents on the front fendors to vent the engine, carbon fiber hood, etc.) They were going to paint it "flat" black with "gloss" black stripes. Pretty cool!

They were also restoring a 68 fastback mustang shell. Replacing lots of metal and essentially making a pristine painted shell with all the panels for the owner to build the rest himself. Trucks, and a Corvette and others in process.

They took it upon themselves to become experts in this scoop and stripe repair because they saw a business opportunity. Captialism is great!

I'll let you know how it goes.

These are the guys 08SGT1234 uses. The same guys I wanted to use but could not get a Ford dealer to pay the warranty work out to them. (Crossroads would not help me since I didn't buy from them and they use Auto Arts). Those guys are top notch up there. I will be having them paint my stripes next year. ($2500 for the whole car) Best of luck. My car is in for round 3 right now at a Ford Dealer in Fayetteville NC, due back on the 20th----keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived