TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dumb Question

QuadRacer041

I have a dumb question to ask.....Is there a button inside the car to release the trunk? I know there is one on the remote but I looked in the manual and didn't see anything and I don't see anything in the car. Is it possible that there ins't one?

Not dumb at all. You would think...but no and yes.

Holy crap, the crying has been going on for too long. Who cares about a trunk release button or automatic headlamps. Are people that lazy that they can't walk to the rear of the car and use a key? Can't reach over and turn that little knob with the headlamp emblem?

To be quite frank, i'm glad my car lacks those features. And for radios and wipers....yup, don't need them either.

Edit to add:...this wasn't meant as a flame to you guys..sorry if it came off as such. I just don't see what the big deal is here on this particular car. Now if it was a family sedan or luxury car, then yes. The bride needs those gadgets.

Holy crap, the crying has been going on for too long. Who cares about a trunk release button or automatic headlamps. Are people that lazy that they can't walk to the rear of the car and use a key? Can't reach over and turn that little knob with the headlamp emblem?

To be quite frank, i'm glad my car lacks those features. And for radios and wipers....yup, don't need them either.

Edit to add:...this wasn't meant as a flame to you guys..sorry if it came off as such. I just don't see what the big deal is here on this particular car. Now if it was a family sedan or luxury car, then yes. The bride needs those gadgets.

I care, that's who. I paid alot for the car and expect something like a trunk button. Not a big deal and yes, I am that lazy.

I care, that's who. I paid alot for the car and expect something like a trunk button. Not a big deal and yes, I am that lazy.

The auto headlamp feature would be a plus since many of us have other cars with that. It makes it hard to remember at times. That is not being lazy, just practical.

I think in keeping with the spirit of the original Shelbys, they are more like an old muscle car...

I thought it might have been a nice touch to have the trunk release, but no biggee... that key hole still works if needs be.

I think someone actually installed one on theirs.

I guess you could take the release inside the trunk and run a cable through the back up under the drivers seat and just give it a tug... LMAO.gif

I heard somewhere that there was a secret trunk release located in the power outlet.

Just remove the plug and stick your finger in to press the button.

Although, I have not tried it yet.

Thats not a trunk release button thats the `EJECT` button

I have to agree with you. If you want a trunk release then buy a Caddy. These cars are not primary grocery getters, OK? What I expect from this car is to scare the sh_t out of me when I hammer the gas, and it does that in plenty of style and comfort.

Right on! Who expects modern conveniences on a modern car! Mine came with an electric starter! Took it out and installed a crank! And what's with electric windows? Didn't come that way in '67! I leave the windows down so the rain can pelt me in the face!

Your dealer are you can install automatic headlamps and truck release and home link on rear view mirror. You can find all this in wreaked cars all parts will work!!!

Actually I am not concerned but I was at a car show when a nice gal with an 05 VERT locked her keys

in the trunk and I told her we can remove the back seats to gain trunk access...............

That is when I learned that you cant remove the seats on the VERTS like you can with COUPES.............

Actually pretty obvious......... :doh:

LMAO.gif Come On!, can we really actually call what a vert has behind the front seats, a back seat? LMAO.gif

Although I did have 8 women in my car with the top down to go through a Baskin and Robbin drive through not long ago. And yes before you ask, one gal dropped her ice cream right down the side of my car. But it was perfectly all right with me. Grin2.gif

Right on! Who expects modern conveniences on a modern car! Mine came with an electric starter! Took it out and installed a crank! And what's with electric windows? Didn't come that way in '67! I leave the windows down so the rain can pelt me in the face!

Now that's being a man...let the rain pelt your face!

Also, can't understand why they gave us options like: Navigation, Satellite radio, Ghetto lighting, 70lb sub in the trunk.....

I would've much rather have options like: 19" rims, 3.55 or 3.73 gears, and radio delete.

Archived