TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX6020 Comes To Life

switz

For a while there was speculation that the 4xxx series would go from 4999 to 41000.

You're gonna love it. I love mine. Even co-pilot had fun on Saturday and she wants to drive it.

It's a Man's Car. The clutch is short and hard (it has to be to get a 550HP/535TQ tranny mated tht that powerplant). The brakes are hard - downshift.

Have you chosen your engine yet? The new alumimum Shelby block would be a good starting point :). The site said they also have a complete engine but I couldn't find info on that. I'd almost be tempted to trade out my Roush 427IR for one.

Oh, and you will have crowds. We went to get some pictures framed on Saturday. At one time there were about 8 people huddled over it. We put up pictures on the wall and measured for frames while people were looking. It's like a shrine.

Two people I only casually know from here told me on Saturday evening they saw our car in Longmont.

For a while there was speculation that the 4xxx series would go from 4999 to 41000.

You're gonna love it. I love mine. Even co-pilot had fun on Saturday and she wants to drive it.

It's a Man's Car. The clutch is short and hard (it has to be to get a 550HP/535TQ tranny mated tht that powerplant). The brakes are hard - downshift.

Have you chosen your engine yet? The new alumimum Shelby block would be a good starting point :). The site said they also have a complete engine but I couldn't find info on that. I'd almost be tempted to trade out my Roush 427IR for one.

The engine is a period correct, 1965 427 side oiler. It is done waiting for the car.

The engine is a period correct, 1965 427 side oiler. It is done waiting for the car.

Is it a "new old parts" engine or did you find an old one and have it rebuilt?

I couldn't do one here - I know a guy that had one and paid a boatload to get it converted to fuel injection. The altitude just kills 'em. So I opted for one with FI already put in (the Roush 427IR is a very reputable engine).

Is it a "new old parts" engine or did you find an old one and have it rebuilt?

I couldn't do one here - I know a guy that had one and paid a boatload to get it converted to fuel injection. The altitude just kills 'em. So I opted for one with FI already put in (the Roush 427IR is a very reputable engine).

The engine has been completely gone through with new parts. It has a singe carb on it but I am debating whether to put dual quads on it. I had a 67 GT500 that had em and it was sure fun. Anyone with an opinion on dual vs single?

Thanks

The engine has been completely gone through with new parts. It has a singe carb on it but I am debating whether to put dual quads on it. I had a 67 GT500 that had em and it was sure fun. Anyone with an opinion on dual vs single?

Thanks

I like the FI set up. I'm running a single carb and it's a PIA at times.

Thanks

The dual quads are hard to keep balanced. If you get a good set you're OK, but if they don't keep sync'd you'll be futzing with them alot. It also depends on altitude. They are very altitude sensitive - like driving from the plains to the mountains.

The 390 dual quad was a killer engine, but it had these problems.

what engine do you have?

For the reasons I mentioned above, at our altitude, I decided for the fuel injection. When I saw CSX4005LA had the Roush 427IR I decided to bid and it went for exactly my cutoff (someone bid higher and withdrew so it went back to me).

THere was a nice red CSX with a period 427 but it had the carbs. I talked with a guy last spring from Ft. Collins and he couldn't get his carbs to work here and went for FI conversion (for some ca-ching).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got word the car is ready to leave HST for Vegas....someone must have lost the keys to the truck cause apparently, it won't be driven to California until the end of next week. Mine is the red one.

cobras.JPG

• 2 months later...
I just got word that my car is supposed to arrive at SAI next week. My engine is ready and I just received a picture.

427.jpg

I saw your car yesterday! Looking good! I was at Planet Cobra's shop reviewing some items for my car, CSX6022. Mine will be ready in about 3 weeks.

Archived