TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Info On Driveability Vs Collectibility

Cobra Boy

Well since I started the original thread I thought I would post something. I drove my GT500 to an event in St Louis this weekend. I took the usual great care in who or what I was following as well as the condition of the pavement beneath. I returned home safely but have noticed a prett gnarly rock chip in the top of my driver's side fender. My heart sank.

I will be making calls today to investigate cost of repairs. It is just a car and if I am going to drive it, things like this can happen but I have to tell you it's painful to look at. :doh:

shelby_lo_res.jpg

shelby_lo_res.jpg

Well since I started the original thread I thought I would post something. I drove my GT500 to an event in St Louis this weekend. I took the usual great care in who or what I was following as well as the condition of the pavement beneath. I returned home safely but have noticed a prett gnarly rock chip in the top of my driver's side fender. My heart sank.

I will be making calls today to investigate cost of repairs. It is just a car and if I am going to drive it, things like this can happen but I have to tell you it's painful to look at. :doh:

I know just what you mean, but to my 05' GT. I had to go to Greenville SC. last time I was home for some training. I was staying at the Intercontinental when I came out one morning to see that the J@ck@$$ parked next to me slammed his door into my drivers rear quarter. Right on the wheel well..... I seen it immediately and was pissed but when I'd shown Mama, she actually started to cry. 20 months with out a scratch... Piss.... I will take two parking places from now on.... Shelby or the GT, A lot of people don't pay attention to what they are doing.

Good luck on the repairs,

:ohsnap: I know those hurt. How big of a chip is it. Did you get yourself some of the factory touch up paint. The new applicators on the TU paint works pretty slick. build up a couple 2 or 3 careful coats and maybe you could live with it if it is a small chip. ?

These cars are toys not investments… just take the 60K that you have set aside for this car and buy stock in Exxon/Mobile and in 30 years buy three Shelby’s with the proceeds.

I own an original 1968 Camaro convertible that cost me 8K. NADA has the value of the car in the 30K range. If some offered me that amount… Cha-Ching… gone

I know just what you mean, but to my 05' GT. I had to go to Greenville SC. last time I was home for some training. I was staying at the Intercontinental when I came out one morning to see that the J@ck@$$ parked next to me slammed his door into my drivers rear quarter. Right on the wheel well..... I seen it immediately and was pissed but when I'd shown Mama, she actually started to cry. 20 months with out a scratch... Piss.... I will take two parking places from now on.... Shelby or the GT, A lot of people don't pay attention to what they are doing.

Was the Jacka$$e$ car still there? I would have gotten his insurance info or dotted his eye. People just don't give a :censored:

:ohsnap: I know those hurt. How big of a chip is it. Did you get yourself some of the factory touch up paint. The new applicators on the TU paint works pretty slick. build up a couple 2 or 3 careful coats and maybe you could live with it if it is a small chip. ?

rob,

I didn't get some touch up paint but I have called for it today. It is pretty deep so I may have to have it professionally fixed. We'll see what happens

rob,

I didn't get some touch up paint but I have called for it today. It is pretty deep so I may have to have it professionally fixed. We'll see what happens

In the past I have very carefully built up the chipped area with paint. The trick here is put just a touch of paint on at a time. Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

These cars are toys not investments… just take the 60K that you have set aside for this car and buy stock in Exxon/Mobile and in 30 years buy three Shelby’s with the proceeds.

I own an original 1968 Camaro convertible that cost me 8K. NADA has the value of the car in the 30K range. If some offered me that amount… Cha-Ching… gone

The problem with your advice is this:

1. In 30 years there will be no gas left.

2. I might be dead by then.

Gotta have it now my man. :happy feet:

My wife and I were just talking about the rock chip on the phone and she "comically" suggested I take it to Maaco. YIIKKKKEEEESSSSS!

When I told her I was going to post that she told me to make sure eveyone knew she was kidding..............

Was the Jacka$$e$ car still there? I would have gotten his insurance info or dotted his eye. People just don't give a :censored:

Nope, the car was gone. It left white paint on my car so I looked at every white car I seen parked in that lot. Damn I was mad, I might have went to jail had I found him.

I feel the pain.

Sometimes we can't park away from everyone - so we have to take the risk.

Around here - if someone does the "two spaces" deal - they're asking for some kid to damage the car.

Just about as bad is people who bump you at traffic lights. And there isn't much you can do to prevent it. You can see them creeping up real close - and you wait for it to happen.

Yes - it can be repaired. Life will be okay, again!

You didn't get the guy that did it to your car?

:idea:

Last X-mas season I had two seperate Olds cutlasses park ON my car at two different malls on the same day! Parking by feel? :censored: I'm young and healthy so I tend to park some distance away. All I could conclude was that my toy being so shiny was like a beacon to the limited of vision. :stop:

Ruf is right though, if you take two spots, some rightous arsehole will go all vigelante on your toy and they may even have a twisted moral case. :wacko: I have rationalized it as being proud of taking my car out on days that other fair weather hot rodders stay in, and stone chips are just the price of driving the car as was intended. That doesn't mean I'm not P/O'd when I spot them, but it is a car and not a body part or something. Order several touch-up pens and wash it religiously and catch these B4 they become an issue. :rockon:

Archived