TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Re-Visited My Car Today

I reveisted my car today at SHM to see the progress. I'm thrilled with what I saw. Car looks great and the guys are working hard at getting it done. It will likely be done by the end of this week but Chris from Shelby won't be up to inspect it until the 1st or 2nd week of March. It's not like I can drive it right now anyway. I can't wait to take it for a ride. :shift:

There were three completed cars and 1 to be converted out front when I goe there so I took a few pics of them too.

Don

post-11967-1234905218_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905233_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905253_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905284_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905311_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905349_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905366_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905218_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905233_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905253_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905284_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905311_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905349_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234905366_thumb.jpg

Don, March will be here before you know it.

It appears that you have some future engine detailing to attend to. :poke::poke:

Yes I noticed that I was going to be spending some time cleaning everything. I'm sure they'll clean it up some but not like I'm going to want it. That's ok. What else do I do with my car in March with salty roads?

I reveisted my car today at SHM to see the progress. I'm thrilled with what I saw. Car looks great and the guys are working hard at getting it done. It will likely be done by the end of this week but Chris from Shelby won't be up to inspect it until the 1st or 2nd week of March. It's not like I can drive it right now anyway. I can't wait to take it for a ride. :shift:

There were three completed cars and 1 to be converted out front when I goe there so I took a few pics of them too.

Don

I understand my car got dropped off @ SH today, (late) black coupe with tungsten stripes, I sent it without the hood, so I didn't have to ship it back to west coast. Did you see it there ?

Al

I understand my car got dropped off @ SH today, (late) black coupe with tungsten stripes, I sent it without the hood, so I didn't have to ship it back to west coast. Did you see it there ?

Al

Yes your car was there! I will post a picture where I think it's in the background. I think you will be pleased with the SHM guys.

Don

post-11967-1234963672_thumb.jpg

post-11967-1234963672_thumb.jpg

Yes your car was there! I will post a picture where I think it's in the background. I think you will be pleased with the SHM guys.

Don

Thanks for the info, good to know it's safe & sound. I put a camera in the center console, I hope they take pictures for me.

Al :happy feet:

Don

When I see this pic with the hood of a SS and the old wheels , it makes me realize

Just how much of an impact the wheels have on improving the overall appearance of the car.

Amazing..

When I see this pic with the hood of a SS and the old wheels , it makes me realize

Just how much of an impact the wheels have on improving the overall appearance of the car.

Amazing..

I agree. In my avatar I have the Boze Tachs on my car. I put the stockers back on to go to be SS'd. Boy those wheels didn't do any favours to our cars. I really liked my custom wheels but the Alcoa's are nice and they are part of the package so they'll stay on. I might get a set of Mickey Thompson DR's for the rear stockers though in case I want to play at the drags once in a while.

Don

I agree. In my avatar I have the Boze Tachs on my car. I put the stockers back on to go to be SS'd. Boy those wheels didn't do any favours to our cars. I really liked my custom wheels but the Alcoa's are nice and they are part of the package so they'll stay on. I might get a set of Mickey Thompson DR's for the rear stockers though in case I want to play at the drags once in a while.

Don

Hi Don,

Have you visited ? is your car ready ? Last I talked to Wayne. he said my car would be done in 3 weeks. I assume it will get badging around second week in March along with yours ??

Al

Hi Don,

Have you visited ? is your car ready ? Last I talked to Wayne. he said my car would be done in 3 weeks. I assume it will get badging around second week in March along with yours ??

Al

Hi Al. I think I'm going to go up tomorrow and have a look. I think mine's done but the Shelby Rep has to come and badge everything. Sean was hoping for the end of next week but he wasn't sure. For your sake it would be better if it waited until the second week of March. The paint work takes the most time. I guess some of the hoods need quite a bit of work to make them paint ready. I'll take some pics if your car isn't at the paint shop. I have to pick up my parts that are left over. I guess I'll try to sell them. I might keep the hood and put it on the wall of my office or at my cottage as a decoration. I'll PM you if I go or post some pics in this section.

Don

Hi Al. I think I'm going to go up tomorrow and have a look. I think mine's done but the Shelby Rep has to come and badge everything. Sean was hoping for the end of next week but he wasn't sure. For your sake it would be better if it waited until the second week of March. The paint work takes the most time. I guess some of the hoods need quite a bit of work to make them paint ready. I'll take some pics if your car isn't at the paint shop. I have to pick up my parts that are left over. I guess I'll try to sell them. I might keep the hood and put it on the wall of my office or at my cottage as a decoration. I'll PM you if I go or post some pics in this section.

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks ! that would be great if you got some pictures. I am keeping GT500 Hood and hanging it in garage. (actually I took hood off before I shipped car ) Garage is being painted & spiffed up with new floor ect ect. It's funny how one thing leads to another.

regards

Al

Speaking of garage floors, I just REDID my garage from from "pain in the a.." epoxy to PVC tiles that I bought for $1.89 SF on Ebay. If anyone is interested, I can give you the direct #. I have done all kinds of flooring, but these tiles are the best. Just leave 1/4 inch for expansion on the perimiters, and you will have no problem. I just mop off hot tire marks, which have always been my biggest problem area.

Do we know who`s doing the badging or are they just sending it up for SHM to do?

According to Wayne @ SHM, they have to have a minimum of 4 cars ready, and they send a guy up from SAI in Vegas to inspect & ok each car, and then it is badged. Apparently SAI charges $1000.00 for each car to do this which SH pays for directly, part of the package.

Speaking of garage floors, I just REDID my garage from from "pain in the a.." epoxy to PVC tiles that I bought for $1.89 SF on Ebay. If anyone is interested, I can give you the direct #. I have done all kinds of flooring, but these tiles are the best. Just leave 1/4 inch for expansion on the perimiters, and you will have no problem. I just mop off hot tire marks, which have always been my biggest problem area.

Yes I would be interested, because I have been looking, and really don't want to do Epoxy "pain in the A.." If you could forward supplier and contact numbers, that would be great. Hopefully they ship to Canada.

I am not sure, but I think it was Chris that badged the first batch comming from SHM. SHM does not badge the cars, it is someone from SAI that has to come up.

Chris did badge the first lot but is not with SAI anymore. So who is doing it now?

Chris did badge the first lot but is not with SAI anymore. So who is doing it now?

I have no idea. Only thing I know is, that someone from SAI is going up to SHM by mid March, but no word on who. I am not sure if my SS will make it for badging or not gotta be close tho.

Yes I would be interested, because I have been looking, and really don't want to do Epoxy "pain in the A.." If you could forward supplier and contact numbers, that would be great. Hopefully they ship to Canada.

Absolutely...here is his email.............

breathelife25@yahoo.com

You can order directly off the Ebay site, or just email Aaron. On Ebay, search "garage floor tiles", and he was the first one on the top of the listings. $1.89 per tile.

They are Titan XL, and I went with the B&W checkerboard pattern. Will send you a picture of the completed floor if you like.

BTW, my floor came to $1,000.00 total, (3 car garage),but, I will never have to repaint again!! And the hot tire marks clean right off with a mop and some degreaser.

Absolutely...here is his email.............

breathelife25@yahoo.com

You can order directly off the Ebay site, or just email Aaron. On Ebay, search "garage floor tiles", and he was the first one on the top of the listings. $1.89 per tile.

They are Titan XL, and I went with the B&W checkerboard pattern. Will send you a picture of the completed floor if you like.

BTW, my floor came to $1,000.00 total, (3 car garage),but, I will never have to repaint again!! And the hot tire marks clean right off with a mop and some degreaser.

Thank you ! I'll look into it right away , cars coming home soon. Picture would be great.

Al

I have no idea. Only thing I know is, that someone from SAI is going up to SHM by mid March, but no word on who. I am not sure if my SS will make it for badging or not gotta be close tho.

What colour is your car, is it a coupe or vert was just there aweek ago.

ShelbyRookie: Are you gonna re re visit your SS @SHM again, or do you have her already home?

Nope, it's still waiting on Shelby inspection/badging. I met up with Shelby 08 and went and got my leftover parts last week. I guess there busy is Vegas. Sean has six cars done and waiting. He's hoping they'll come up next week. I still owe Ootmar a couple of pics. I haven't downloaded them to my computer yet. I'll get on it tomorrow.

Don

Nope, it's still waiting on Shelby inspection/badging. I met up with Shelby 08 and went and got my leftover parts last week. I guess there busy is Vegas. Sean has six cars done and waiting. He's hoping they'll come up next week. I still owe Ootmar a couple of pics. I haven't downloaded them to my computer yet. I'll get on it tomorrow.

Don

thanks Don !

Al

I will never have to repaint again!! And the hot tire marks clean right off with a mop and some degreaser.

Drop 4 throw rugs down to park on. That's what I did and no more tire marks.

Best garage mod, worth every cent.happy%20feet.gif

IMG_2789.jpg

Archived