TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Keep my SGT Vert or get a GT500?

Mustang_Scotty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all the 08 owners are missing the boat here.... There is not 500HP Whipple for 08, it is 550HP which Dustin Whipple himself says is under rated and it is closer to 575HP. DG also says it is under rated and they install a ton of these. The motor will handle it fine.

So let me see

even 550HP= 7.1lbs/HP

575HP= 6.17lbs/HP

So for Tasca's awesome price you can have a car with 50-75more HP for about $5k less than you can buy a GT500 for.

Again, both are awesome cars and each person buys each for their own specific reasons.

Like so many others here on this forum, I was delighted to see Carroll Shelby back with Ford. I am still in shock that we can all buy NEW shelby mustangs again!!!! It is wonderful.

But I do understand the dilemma of the original post here.

I bought my GT-H with such happiness. :shift: It was one of 500 built. It has a very cool history with Hertz and all the rest of the bla,bla,bla that we all know about. I still love my car but.............

I have pondered many things to do to my Hertz car to kind of make it the car I WANT IT TO BE. :banghead:

I have considered S/C the car.

I have considered intallind a 5 speed manual tranny.

I have considered guages from Shelby.

On and on and on.............But I have done nothing really. Just simple upgrades really.

I sometimes wonder if I should have bought a GT500 myself.

I want a high horsepower car too.

I want to shift gears too!

It's amazing how spoiled WE all really are. And LUCKY too. We get to complain about what SHELBY we should have bought!!! ...........I love it...............I think I want a 2010 GT500 next... :drool: .........LOL

Enjoy..........Philip

OK. I have one of those crazy Ideas again. I'm pondering selling/trading my SGT Vert w/ 300 miles on the ticker and never registered for a GT500. Now I just need some feedback to really make up my mind. Heres my thought process. I love the SGT because it comes from SAI and because of it's limited status. But I keep saying it's not a GT500. I love the look of both but the nose of the 500 is just sinister, along with the 500HP. I have been talking to Michael Morris and he gave me the idea of having the SGT Supercharged and then I would have a limited SGT/SC. I love the ragtop too as the 500 I would get will be coupe. And I dont want to race the car, just show off! Man I'm having trouble deciding. Can someone help me make up my mind? I posted this on the GT500 forum also just in case the SGT people dont dare go over there.

Scotty,

Before you spend a bunch of money to swap your SGT for a GT500, I have a proposition for you. Spend a couple hundred dollars on a plane ticket and fly out to Scottsdale, Arizona where I will allow you to do a back-to-back comparison between a stock 2009 GT500 and a 500 HP Whipple supercharged SGT. Both of them are in my garage and I like them both or I wouldn't have bought one of each. I have extensive experience with both so perhaps my observations might be of value to you in making your decision.

1. Which car is faster? Not even close, my 500 HP Whipple GT/SC absolutely smokes my GT500. Several factors come into play here. The Shelby GT with it's lighter aluminum block has a far greater percentage of its weight on the rear tires and is much easier to launch with minimum wheelspin. The Shelby GT weighs significantly less. The Shelby GT/SC has slightly more horsepower. The 3.55 rear axle ratio in the Shelby GT seems to be right in the traction sweet spot and with the traction control left on, first gear acceleration is breathtaking. The 3.31 rear axle ratio in my GT500 combined with its less efficient supercharger bogs at low RPMs. Tacking up the GT500 results in a lot of wheelspin but not a whole lot of acceleration. The GT500 is tricky to launch. Launching the SGT/SC is a piece of cake. Ease the clutch out if you like, then stand on it and hang on. Quick shift to second at 5000 rpm and then glance in your rearview mirror so you can judge how many car lengths you are ahead of whatever just challenged you.

In my GT500, if I ease the clutch out and then stand on it, things take a while to start happening and my blood pressure goes up when some guy in a supercharged Jaguar sedan has already pulled two and a half car lengths on me. Winning a street challenge is not a given in my GT500. My Shelby GT/SC on the other hand, has annihilated everything that's given it a go.

2. Handling? Again, not even close. My GT500 is still stock. I have purchased the Ford Racing suspension and TVS Supercharger but I have not gotten around to installing either one of them yet. In stock form, after getting out of my Shelby GT, my GT500 feels like a Crown Victoria. Heavy with significant body lean. Hopefully my new lower suspension will help that out. The handling on my Shelby GT is tight, quick, and laser sharp. I certainly can't say that about my GT500.

3. Looks? This is purely subjective and I think they're both beautiful. Still, to my eye, the Shelby GT is the better looking of the two.

4. If I could only keep one, which would it be? This one's easy. Shelby GT/SC hands down. My Shelby GT is more fun to drive, quicker, better handling, and easier to launch. Wheel spin on the street is bad news. It draws unwanted attention, and makes control more difficult. I prefer getting the clutch out as quickly as possible without any wheelspin and then letting the car do the work. The GT500's forward weight bias and 3.31 axle requires high RPMs and lots of clutch slipping and/or a burnout for a quick launch. Not good.

5. Best solution? One of each!!!!

That's my take on it and my opinion is worth every cent you just paid for it. All the best.

Chip

post-12804-1236056164_thumb.jpg

I would also check into warranty implications. I love the idea that my s/c is under warranty. Previously I had an '07 GT and was told if I added a s/c, it would void the engine warranty. Not sure if it was true, but it was a great excuse to buy the GT500 - love it!

Not that you would expect to have problems, but if you sink big bucks into a s/c and have any engine issues, you'd want to be sure you're covered - at least I would.

I'm a GT-500 owner and here is my response.

- For financial reasons, you'd be a fool to trade your SGT. Keep it and mod it to your hearts content.

- If you have money to piss away, then get what your heart tells you to. If you look at your SGT and then at a GT-500, which car gives you more of the "emotional feeling"? Money aside, follow your heart.

- Test drive, or at least get a ride in a GT-500

- Ok, this is where I may get the ire of a few of you fellas here but, i'm speaking about my own personal experiences. If you haven't read my reply to the "Baby Shelby" thread, then do so.

When i'm around other car guys (whether they're in a vette, challenger, rousch, or saleen), you never hear terms like "real shelby", "baby shelby", "built by god", "CSM #'s"..........the only time I have to hear about stuff like that is from "some" SGT owners. We GT-500 owners really don't give a crap about all of that unimportant stuff. We're too busy smiling and having fun trying to tame the beast that we call the GT-500. When I go to an event, I approach owners of SGT's, look over their cars, and compliment them on a nice ride. If the conversation turns to the "real shelby/baby shelby etc", it's always brought out by them and they lose my respect at that point, and I simply walk. (just to be clear, it's not every SGT owner......but if and when it does come up, it's always a SGT owner) Sometimes I feel as if they suffer from the small penis syndrome or have something to prove. If you feel the need to have to defend the car you drive, then you're driving the wrong car.

I know i'll have to endure more garbage like that once my "not real", "fake" 1965 Shelby Daytona coupe is completed. It'll be the same crap but with a different breed of people.

My feelings about the SGT? While I haven't driven one, I can tell that they'll out maneuver the GT-500 by the suspension set up. That's one area where you guys scored a home run. They do have a "look" but, not as nice or sinister as the GT-500 "look" (ok, ok, i'm biased) They're plenty fast with bolt ons.

On a last note, I finally came to realize something during my life time. For those that believe one thing will be worth more than another down the road, let me ask you this. Who will benefit from it? Will you ACTUALLY sell it to make that profit?, or simply die believing it'll be worth more if you hold onto it longer only to have someone claim it after you're dead. All I know is, who ever gets my stuff after I croak will get a used, abused, but cared for GT-500, guns that were shot A LOT, tools that were used and scratched, and all of my diecast cars that were taken out of the package !! My life time is here and now, and i'm going to use and enjoy all of my toys!!

Of course there is one other option: Get a 40th conversion on a GT500.

I have the 40th and my wife has the 08 SGT vert. I have to say her SGT sounds better, rides better, and is just a great car all around. I LOVE my 40th but it rides rougher after the suspension upgrades. The 40th handles much better around the track than SGT. A stock GT500 is the pits as far as handling; the SGT will out perform the GT500 by far on a road course. After the conversion though, the 40th handles better than the SGT convertible.

If you are every in the Kansas City area let me know and you can try each.

Dr. Jon

I'm a GT-500 owner and here is my response.

- For financial reasons, you'd be a fool to trade your SGT. Keep it and mod it to your hearts content.

- If you have money to piss away, then get what your heart tells you to. If you look at your SGT and then at a GT-500, which car gives you more of the "emotional feeling"? Money aside, follow your heart.

- Test drive, or at least get a ride in a GT-500

- Ok, this is where I may get the ire of a few of you fellas here but, i'm speaking about my own personal experiences. If you haven't read my reply to the "Baby Shelby" thread, then do so.

When i'm around other car guys (whether they're in a vette, challenger, rousch, or saleen), you never hear terms like "real shelby", "baby shelby", "built by god", "CSM #'s"..........the only time I have to hear about stuff like that is from "some" SGT owners. We GT-500 owners really don't give a crap about all of that unimportant stuff. We're too busy smiling and having fun trying to tame the beast that we call the GT-500. When I go to an event, I approach owners of SGT's, look over their cars, and compliment them on a nice ride. If the conversation turns to the "real shelby/baby shelby etc", it's always brought out by them and they lose my respect at that point, and I simply walk. (just to be clear, it's not every SGT owner......but if and when it does come up, it's always a SGT owner) Sometimes I feel as if they suffer from the small penis syndrome or have something to prove. If you feel the need to have to defend the car you drive, then you're driving the wrong car.

I know i'll have to endure more garbage like that once my "not real", "fake" 1965 Shelby Daytona coupe is completed. It'll be the same crap but with a different breed of people.

My feelings about the SGT? While I haven't driven one, I can tell that they'll out maneuver the GT-500 by the suspension set up. That's one area where you guys scored a home run. They do have a "look" but, not as nice or sinister as the GT-500 "look" (ok, ok, i'm biased) They're plenty fast with bolt ons.

On a last note, I finally came to realize something during my life time. For those that believe one thing will be worth more than another down the road, let me ask you this. Who will benefit from it? Will you ACTUALLY sell it to make that profit?, or simply die believing it'll be worth more if you hold onto it longer only to have someone claim it after you're dead. All I know is, who ever gets my stuff after I croak will get a used, abused, but cared for GT-500, guns that were shot A LOT, tools that were used and scratched, and all of my diecast cars that were taken out of the package !! My life time is here and now, and i'm going to use and enjoy all of my toys!!

...If you haven't read my reply to the "Baby Shelby" thread, then do so.

When i'm around other car guys (whether they're in a vette, challenger, rousch, or saleen), you never hear terms like "real shelby", "baby shelby...

I hear the "Baby Shelby" and "Real shelby" remarks along with saying the SGT is a "GT350" from Ford car dealers and ebay ads more than anyplace else. There will always be folks that say GT 500s and Shelby GTs both aren't real Shelbys...According to these folks the last "real shelbys" were built in 1970. Some will go further and say the last real Shelbys were the 67 Shelbys.

There will always be some that say the GT 500 is a real shelby and the SGT isn't and vice versa.

There are folks that say and believe we didn't really put a man on the moon. Saying/believing it doesn't make it true.

Scotty,

Before you spend a bunch of money to swap your SGT for a GT500, I have a proposition for you. Spend a couple hundred dollars on a plane ticket and fly out to Scottsdale, Arizona where I will allow you to do a back-to-back comparison between a stock 2009 GT500 and a 500 HP Whipple supercharged SGT. Both of them are in my garage and I like them both or I wouldn't have bought one of each. I have extensive experience with both so perhaps my observations might be of value to you in making your decision.

1. Which car is faster? Not even close, my 500 HP Whipple GT/SC absolutely smokes my GT500. Several factors come into play here. The Shelby GT with it's lighter aluminum block has a far greater percentage of its weight on the rear tires and is much easier to launch with minimum wheelspin. The Shelby GT weighs significantly less. The Shelby GT/SC has slightly more horsepower. The 3.55 rear axle ratio in the Shelby GT seems to be right in the traction sweet spot and with the traction control left on, first gear acceleration is breathtaking. The 3.31 rear axle ratio in my GT500 combined with its less efficient supercharger bogs at low RPMs. Tacking up the GT500 results in a lot of wheelspin but not a whole lot of acceleration. The GT500 is tricky to launch. Launching the SGT/SC is a piece of cake. Ease the clutch out if you like, then stand on it and hang on. Quick shift to second at 5000 rpm and then glance in your rearview mirror so you can judge how many car lengths you are ahead of whatever just challenged you.

In my GT500, if I ease the clutch out and then stand on it, things take a while to start happening and my blood pressure goes up when some guy in a supercharged Jaguar sedan has already pulled two and a half car lengths on me. Winning a street challenge is not a given in my GT500. My Shelby GT/SC on the other hand, has annihilated everything that's given it a go.

2. Handling? Again, not even close. My GT500 is still stock. I have purchased the Ford Racing suspension and TVS Supercharger but I have not gotten around to installing either one of them yet. In stock form, after getting out of my Shelby GT, my GT500 feels like a Crown Victoria. Heavy with significant body lean. Hopefully my new lower suspension will help that out. The handling on my Shelby GT is tight, quick, and laser sharp. I certainly can't say that about my GT500.

3. Looks? This is purely subjective and I think they're both beautiful. Still, to my eye, the Shelby GT is the better looking of the two.

4. If I could only keep one, which would it be? This one's easy. Shelby GT/SC hands down. My Shelby GT is more fun to drive, quicker, better handling, and easier to launch. Wheel spin on the street is bad news. It draws unwanted attention, and makes control more difficult. I prefer getting the clutch out as quickly as possible without any wheelspin and then letting the car do the work. The GT500's forward weight bias and 3.31 axle requires high RPMs and lots of clutch slipping and/or a burnout for a quick launch. Not good.

5. Best solution? One of each!!!!

That's my take on it and my opinion is worth every cent you just paid for it. All the best.

Chip

First,

Welcome back Chip!

You would be well advised to take Chip up on his offer. Drive both. I wish I could have done it at the same time since "memories" of how the two handle change over time.

This is the best comparison of the two cars I've ever seen written. Comparing the GT500 to a Crown Vic is perhaps a little harsh but maybe the handling pack will fix that. The lower suspension itself makes for a tighter handling car, then the rest of it makes it even better. It's a joy to drive in the mountains.

My wife and I like our SGT for trips to Vegas. She finds the seats comfortable, and I am able to find the right adjustment to get it where I can drive the 800 miles almost all by myself (and I did once) straight through.

Cobra weight:HP ratio: 2500/550 = 4.5. (with me in it, 2750/550 = 5). Chip, what is the ratio on the Ford GT? How about the handling of the SGT compared to the FGT?

Long, and (only a little) Off-Topic.

I don't have a dog in this discussion, unless you count wanting one of each ...

In the late 1960s I drove (didn't own) a 289 Cobra and a 427 Cobra. I wanted one of each. The 289 was a better handler, very satisfying in all road and autocross situations, and indecently fast. The 427 created higher G-forces, way too much speed, and improbable heart-rates. Just driving it fast and getting back to earth in one piece was an accomplishment.

In the early 1970s I drove (owned) a Lotus Elan. Based on its roadholding and power-to-weight ratio, it outran every streetable, street-tired vehicle it came up against, given a few bends in the road and some serious braking.

My ideal car would handle and brake like the Lotus, fly like the 427 Cobra. No such animal exists, in the realm of affordable, useful automobiles, so I (we) have to make do. Buy a platform with potential, spend thought, money, and effort trying to bring it closer to our desired performance parameters.

Shelby takes a few really good steps in that direction, with his Mustangs. Nice, for us, to have the luxury of putting out just money for worthwhile improvements over stock. Good business, too. Of course it's obvious that just "worthwhile" improvements aren't enough; even better business!

Brings us to an important decision, one that must be made regardless of which Shelby you start with: "Do I want to craft a car that pleasures me today, or am I investing in a pristine show-car future?" If you modify your SGT or your GT500, you no longer have a Shelby GT or a Shelby GT500; you have a modified Shelby of one kind or another. Adios investment, hello fun.

In early Mustang days, I liked the GT350, tried one on the week they hit the showrooms, didn't see the no-back-seat feature as viable for a young family man. Didn't see another Mustang I liked until 2005. When I went shopping for a fun car for me to fool around with in my dotage, I chose (the wrong) black convertible, a Budget Rent-A-Car hand-me-down with V6 and automatic transmission. Perfect. Comfortable, nimble, reliable, no bother at all, a nice boulevard cruiser.

I say "the wrong" because I coulda hada GT-H. Guess I still could, if I tried hard enough. The car I did choose was "perfect" for quite a while, but then my old sportin' blood started to heat up. The car could be better in the handling department, and I made it so. Could be better in the acceleration department, and I made it so. Son of a gun worked good on an autocross course, but was miles behind other cars because of its weight, and because of my unwillingness to make changes not easily reversed. I do feel very at ease in the car at any speed it can drum up, and I'm still blown away by the look of a black S197 convertible, more so than anything else I could have chosen. If I could find a good black SGT, it might be attractive enough to break my resolve to stop buying cars.

Couple years later, I got hungry for a different kind of fun, and e-shopped GT500s, actually test-drove a couple. There was a gray coupe I very nearly went for at a bit under sticker, but ... It seemed kind of ponderous-handling, compared to the V6 with springs, shocks, tire and and swaybar upgrades. On the same day (September 1, 2008) I chanced upon a white GT/CS with all the stuff I wanted. Very tempting, and while I was cogitating the sales guy mentioned they had a new Shelby GT, 2007 year model. Vista Blue. Not quite all the things I wanted, a color I liked on other people's cars, and five thousand more for a car two years older. I test drove the GT/CS, liked its feel, and made the deal. The car I got works good. The gray coupe would have worked good in its way, as would have the blue SGT.

Before the GT/CS had 300 miles on it I ran it (gently, gently) in an autocross practice session. I was delighted with the way it responded to inputs. Not as flat or as ultimately cornering-capable as the improved V6 convertible, but quick and predictable, even on stock, new tires. Plenty of potential. I just hope I can find the combination that doesn't degrade the ride quality. I'm afraid some sacrifice must be made. Physics governs, you know.

I like the GT/CS's over-the-road behavior very much: effortless, comfortable cruising from San Diego to Terlingua and back, 27 MPG. So far I've managed to resist the urge to incorporate unreversible modifications; I did transfer the special rear sway bar from the former V6 setup, and the very mild understeer of the stock arrangement has been neutralized. Nice. I don't have any need to improve anything else about it. I'm happy with the feel, the substance, the performance. I don't strive to be the most distinctive car on the road, nor the fastest, nor the most desirable. Not that there is anything wrong with being distinctive, fast, and desirable. Let's just say my glass is 98% full; achieving 100%, or even 99, would be inordinately costly.

Neither of those dogs is in this discussion, as I said; however, after all that (useless) information, I do have a pertinent observation:

Cars is like shoes. They can be beautiful, make you taller, stronger, faster, all that, but if they don't fit, aren't comfortable when you wear them, you definitely have the wrong shoes. I am very, very comfortable in both my old dog-shoes, realize they won't suit everybody, and don't try to convice anyone they are better than whatever they have on their feet at the moment.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to borrow a SGT or a GT500, or maybe even buy one (of each), but it does mean I feel no pressure to meet anyone else's expectations, do what I do only to please myself, and try to respond to questions, criticisms, and plaudits with grace and equanimity. Good position to be in, if you ask me, and just about anyone can do it, if they relax into their own character and not let some illusory standard or goal determine what they do.

FWIW.

Keep the SGT Vert, drop a SC on it and you won't even be asking this question. You'll have all the power you could ask for, all the compliments you can handle and it will cost about the same. Plus, the SGT is more of a limited run than the GT500. It doesn't mean a hill of beans now except that they are a bit more unusual to see.

The GT500s front end is the best looking front end ever on any Mustang, even better than 68 GT500 which was always my favorite. Really, you can't go wrong either way. They are both great cars and we are extremely lucky that we live when there is this kind of choice to be made.

Hold your horses. Wait about 3 months and get one of the new GT500s. They are plain old B-E-A-utiful. Especially in that grabber blue with white stripes. That's what I'm talking about.

Oh yea, it is great to have Chip back. There isn't anyone that I enjoy reading more and I guarantee that if you showed up at his door he would really take you for a drive either of his cars. Hell, he might even let you chop off some hair in his Ford GT.

Don

I thank everyone for the answers. But here is what I have to say. Even after reading this forum and honestly saying, From the side I think the SGT is the better looking car. From the front the GT500 is much better. I too have always had the rare,limited edition cars. One of which was my 1980 Indy Pace Car Trans Am Turbo and my 1993 Cobra. There is always people adding body kits,performance parts, Cobra snake emblems, etc, etc to make their car something it's not. And i'm keeping my car...for now. I am the kind of person that changes cars like underwear and seems to never be happy. If I saved the money I have lost on my cars I would be way better off (with money) For instance, my 04 WRX, sold after 5 months, my 2006 Mustang GT hunted and tracked for 1 yr. sold after 6 months, My 08 SRT4 CALIBER, hunted it for 2 yrs and sold after 2 months. But there is still something that is making me long for this GT500. I'll enjoy my car this summer for which I have never been able to drive it until I just registered the car last week. So maybe after really enjoying the car, that longing will dissapate. Or maybe when I see the new 2010 GT500 I will change my mind.

First,

Welcome back Chip!

You would be well advised to take Chip up on his offer. Drive both. I wish I could have done it at the same time since "memories" of how the two handle change over time.

This is the best comparison of the two cars I've ever seen written. Comparing the GT500 to a Crown Vic is perhaps a little harsh but maybe the handling pack will fix that. The lower suspension itself makes for a tighter handling car, then the rest of it makes it even better. It's a joy to drive in the mountains.

My wife and I like our SGT for trips to Vegas. She finds the seats comfortable, and I am able to find the right adjustment to get it where I can drive the 800 miles almost all by myself (and I did once) straight through.

Cobra weight:HP ratio: 2500/550 = 4.5. (with me in it, 2750/550 = 5). Chip, what is the ratio on the Ford GT? How about the handling of the SGT compared to the FGT?

Chip Beck couldn't say it any better. Good to hear from you again!

Gentlemen,

My Ford GT is not completely stock. A Heffner pulley and tune provide 650 HP and three way adjustable Penske gas nitrogen coil overs on all four corners lower the car slightly and provide quicker response. My Kirkham also has Penske shocks. The aluminum body Kirkham is lighter than most (2140 lb) with its stainless steel frame and Shelby aluminum FE block punched out to 482 in.³ dynoed at just under 650 hp. It has far more power than traction and requires constant attention behind the wheel.

Here are the power/weight ratios and front/rear weight ratios of my Cobra, Ford GT, GT500, and Shelby GT.

Kirkham Cobra 427 S/C - 650 hp/2140 lb - weight dist. f/r - 50/50 - 3.3 pounds per horsepower

Ford GT -------------------- 650 hp/3489 lb - weight dist. f/r - 43/57 - 5.4 pounds per horsepower

Shelby GT/SC ------------- 520 hp/3527 lb - weight dist. f/r - 54/46 - 6.8 pounds per horsepower

Shelby GT500 --------------500 hp/3900 lb - weight dist. f/r - 58/42 - 7.8 pounds per horsepower

As you can see from the above stats, the GT500 is carrying around 13% more weight per horsepower than the Shelby GT/SC. In order to equal the power to weight ratio of the Shelby GT, the GT500 would have to have 575 hp, and even then it would be at a severe disadvantage because of it's forward weight bias. In high horsepower cars traction is everything. This is why my Cobra, with a power to weight ratio double that of my Shelby GT/SC, is nowhere near twice is quick. It is only marginally faster as there is absolutely no way to put that kind of power to the ground in that little aluminum beer can. A cold morning drive in my Kirkham affords about the same amount of control as driving a top fuel funny car on an ice rink.

I am not an expert driver and I have very limited track time. On a smooth "track like" surface the Shelby GT is one of the best handling 4 seat automobiles I've ever driven. On a rough surface it's not a great handling car but I don't drive on rough surfaces if I can help it. This is why the Shelby GT is one of the winningest cars in SCCA solo stock division race history. It is not quite in the same league as the Ford GT which has a much lower stance and a far lower center of gravity. There are only a few cars in the world however, that handle as well as the Ford GT.

But.....again, as regards both acceleration and handling, traction is everything. My Shelby GT/SC, when shod with Hoosier R6 street legal slicks, will best a Ford GT on all but the fastest tracks. Put the Ford GT on Hoosier R6 slicks and it will run away from the Shelby GT. All the best.

Chip

post-12804-1236319433_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1236319433_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

I have the SGT Vert and I am keeping it because I love auto trannie, the SGT suspension and handling. Like a lot of people who are putting CS6/Terlingua/GT-H hoods and fascias, I bought the GT-500 hood and front fascia so I will have the sinister front end look combined with the SGT Vert suspension and automatic transmission. Eventually I will put the Whipple HO 475hp for the automatic trannies to make it GT/SC (finishing a basement and bought a MINI Cooper S JCW Stage 1 Vert for a high strung daily driver). With all the money though it would have been cheaper to buy a 500 but I get my auto tranny, the memories of ordering this thing from my Iraq deployment, knowing it was upfitted in the same facility as the famed Cobra roadsters with a CSM number and plaque and the gorgeous light bar, makes it a great solution for me. Plus I keep all my parts in case someone years from now wants to do an original restoration.

I have the SGT Vert and I am keeping it because I love auto trannie, the SGT suspension and handling. Like a lot of people who are putting CS6/Terlingua/GT-H hoods and fascias, I bought the GT-500 hood and front fascia so I will have the sinister front end look combined with the SGT Vert suspension and automatic transmission. Eventually I will put the Whipple HO 475hp for the automatic trannies to make it GT/SC (finishing a basement and bought a MINI Cooper S JCW Stage 1 Vert for a high strung daily driver). With all the money though it would have been cheaper to buy a 500 but I get my auto tranny, the memories of ordering this thing from my Iraq deployment, knowing it was upfitted in the same facility as the famed Cobra roadsters with a CSM number and plaque and the gorgeous light bar, makes it a great solution for me. Plus I keep all my parts in case someone years from now wants to do an original restoration.

oh and no GT 500 clutch TSB issues!

Archived