TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If there were things you could change about the SS package

funky10

No no, I hope you think i wasn't complaining about the KR hood LOL!! Alot of things are easy to replicate. Well all things can be replicated for that matter, even the KR hood if you have the means. The whole reason for this is i am about to put down about 45 thousand CDN funds and i wanted to see if it was really worth it. I went to Shelby in LVN and was very impressed with there place and the people who worked there that is for sure. I am sitting on the fence right now because of the coin and to ask people what they were thinking. Is it worth it? Yes it is according to people that have them. I am sure it would be hard to say afterwords after making the effort to get the package and paying a large dollar for it to say no it wasnt. I was just thinking if it is not exclusive, the power and performance can be had for alot less then what am i thinking in these times. I did not want to make this a bitch fest that is for sure. That is why i added post with some class. The bad thing is after spending all the time, money and effort to get this done how much more is there to do. Like upgrade the suspension because anyone who has one of these cars know's that it is hard to make these things hook on the track, never mind the street. I for one would like a car that is exclusive, run 10's in the quater mile, be able to outhandle a vette or Viper or whatever else comes to mind and not break the bank doing it LOL!!! I know it can be done with this car!!! They are one hellofaride!!!! Maby i am asking to much but when it comes to having 115 grand CDN when i am done then it should be really close if not there. Also the only problem i have personally with that being said is the amount of power and what it looks like when you are done. I think if you spend that kind of money you better be happy when it is finished. And i know you cant please them all and i would like to thank Shelby for trying there best, i know you cant please them all. So please post away and let me know what you think if there is other things because i am adding them up in my head on top of the SS package.

No i wasnt sayin u were mad about the KR hood im sayin the exclusiveness is there with the small things. The kr owners piss and moan about teh hood makin theri car exclusive when really is the entire package that does it. ANYWAY.....if you are lookin for that kind of setup, do the griggs suspension. Maybe about 10g's. Do the bottom end of the car for about 4 g's for a short block. Toss the kb or whipple 3.4 on the engine and do the hood. That would be about 10 afer paint and stuff. Wheels and tires maybe 5. Now u got the most bad ass car on the road maybe saved 5 grand and can out do anything one the streets and track. If i could change one thing about the car it would be the price. Thats about it. I wouldnt want to drive mine as the price is high and the exclusivness of it. Id be afraid id be missin out on the future of it. If i wanted what you do and had that kind of coin, id go the way i just told you. U might be less than that too if you find better deals. My .02 take it or leave it. Good luck either way! Keep us posted.

Switz-

I have read from several people that the KR mufflers sound fantastic. Do you have any droning problems with yours? Also, did they fit in the Borla pipes without any mod's?

Good comments above. I think you have covered all the early SS conversion complaints.

JW

Hey JW,

I love the KR mufflers and there is no drone whatsoever. No one has posted video comparing a stock SS with the Borlas and a SS with KR pipes. I have taken the before and after shot and will be posting it soon. I bought my KR pipes from http://www.tousleyford.com/ from their parts guy named Steve. Real nice guy and he did a great job following-up with me as I ordered them months in advance. The KR mufflers are in a word FANTASTIC and the sound is so much better. An investment worth $500 in my opinion. It's too bad they don't now offer this as an option since they are released to the public anyway. I bet most would go with them over the Borlas.

I didnt think about the map light!!

I never use them, but they would look cool in RED

MM

MM

Ive seen it in red and its sick. I am doin all blue wich is why i did it but the red is hot. I got mine on ebay. Just do led dome lights for gt500. I think thats how i did it. Its been a while so i could be wrong but post a pic if u do it. Ill work on one for you guys.

Heres the link to the bulbs. I gave the link to the RED ones, but they have other colors

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

The Shelby Gauge pod in held on by VELCRO. SLOWLY pull up the corners!! Then you can take out each bulb and replace them with the colored LEDs. I have tried to take pictures of the car at night, but they come out REAL blurry.

MM

Thanks MM for the reply...held on by velcro?... :headscratch:

No i wasnt sayin u were mad about the KR hood im sayin the exclusiveness is there with the small things. The kr owners piss and moan about teh hood makin theri car exclusive when really is the entire package that does it. ANYWAY.....if you are lookin for that kind of setup, do the griggs suspension. Maybe about 10g's. Do the bottom end of the car for about 4 g's for a short block. Toss the kb or whipple 3.4 on the engine and do the hood. That would be about 10 afer paint and stuff. Wheels and tires maybe 5. Now u got the most bad ass car on the road maybe saved 5 grand and can out do anything one the streets and track. If i could change one thing about the car it would be the price. Thats about it. I wouldnt want to drive mine as the price is high and the exclusivness of it. Id be afraid id be missin out on the future of it. If i wanted what you do and had that kind of coin, id go the way i just told you. U might be less than that too if you find better deals. My .02 take it or leave it. Good luck either way! Keep us posted.

Good advice, thank-you.

Scott.

Just ordered blue...damn expensive little buggers. Hey MM, are they brighter than the stock ones?

Switz if they r anything like the cobalt gauges from autometer its really bright at night. It can be annoying sometimes but u get used to it. Dont forget your map lights in blue too! Ill go over tomorrow night and get a shot of the map light but heres a pic of my cobalts in a sos tripod.....at night and during the day. It is why i havent done the center pod yet. I want to but i need it cut to 2 1/16 so the gauges all match. Hope this helps.

post-19906-1235106358_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1235106413_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1235106358_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1235106413_thumb.jpg

Switz if they r anything like the cobalt gauges from autometer its really bright at night. It can be annoying sometimes but u get used to it. Dont forget your map lights in blue too! Ill go over tomorrow night and get a shot of the map light but heres a pic of my cobalts in a sos tripod.....at night and during the day. It is why i havent done the center pod yet. I want to but i need it cut to 2 1/16 so the gauges all match. Hope this helps.

Excellent information. Thanks and I look forward to more pics.

Here you go there switz and crew. The blue light special. I think it will look sweet with a center pod with matching gauges. Feedback!

That looks great. I have noticed that on the center gauges, the light is not as bright as your gauges. The light comes from behind sneaking around the face of each gauge. It looks like the light is directly in front of your gauge face. I like the blue map lights. Is it the same bulb? Cause I can't spend enough dough on $12 miniature light bulbs. :lol:

That looks great. I have noticed that on the center gauges, the light is not as bright as your gauges. The light comes from behind sneaking around the face of each gauge. It looks like the light is directly in front of your gauge face. I like the blue map lights. Is it the same bulb? Cause I can't spend enough dough on $12 miniature light bulbs. :lol:

Actually no. The gauges are automete coblats that came that way. The map lights i found on ebay. I dont hink that they wereexpensive but its been almost a year since i did them do i dunno. Hope u find somethin though...

Archived