TEAM SHELBY FORUM

725HP - traction control/peel outs

jwbeav

To those of you who have the 725 HP version of the SS-

Can the factory TCS handle the additional torque from the add'l horsepower or do the tires spin even with the TCS on? Just curious to see how you all are handling the additional horsepower with keeping the rear end planted. I re-read the article in the MM&FF and that seemed to be the hardest part about driving the car.

Also, some of you have had your cars for a year now and are probably getting used to driving them. Any tips? I sent the deposit in last week and should be called for scheduling in the next 60 days. I am going to sign up for the 725 HP, FRPP suspension, rear window scoops, and 10" rear rims. I have decided against upgrading the rear brakes because I just can't justify it economically and they aren't available of course.

Thanks guys.

To those of you who have the 725 HP version of the SS-

Can the factory TCS handle the additional torque from the add'l horsepower or do the tires spin even with the TCS on? Just curious to see how you all are handling the additional horsepower with keeping the rear end planted. I re-read the article in the MM&FF and that seemed to be the hardest part about driving the car.

Also, some of you have had your cars for a year now and are probably getting used to driving them. Any tips? I sent the deposit in last week and should be called for scheduling in the next 60 days. I am going to sign up for the 725 HP, FRPP suspension, rear window scoops, and 10" rear rims. I have decided against upgrading the rear brakes because I just can't justify it economically and they aren't available of course.

Thanks guys.

Congrats on your choice. :happy feet:

My TCS works the same as when she was stock, mash it hard enough and she'll break loose.

I've learned to ease into the power, a gentle touch is required. Take extra care while accelerating out of any turns, that's when she'll bite you.

Best of luck.

Dan

After research, the SS already come with matching Baer 14" front and rear crossed drilled/vented rotors.

On a stock 2007-2009 GT500 to convert the rear only complete brake set up:

Quote from Baer is $3795 - not including labor to install.

When i talked to Bud regarding the rear brake upgrade, I understood that the rear caliper upgrade for the SS was simply just that.

The rear Baer/Shelby 6P brake calipers are not available yet. Bud said sometime end of February or latest March.

Did SAI give you a price quote to upgrade to the rear Baer/Shelby 6 piston brake calipers on your SS conversion?

I received the call from Cynthia from SAI Vegas, Monday, November 17, 2008 to bring my GT500 black vert to Vegas for the SS conversion, but have decided to wait till March or now maybe April.

I have a 2008 GT500 vert - triple black.

My CSM # is 08SS0097

My deposit date was 9-25-07.

I have been waiting mainly because I want the Super Snake Shelby/Baer matching upgraded rear brake set up, powder coated, RED with the black SHELBY logo, 6 piston calipers = matching the fronts.

Matching RED calipers front & rear are a must!

Just go look at the Corvette & Viper. You will change your mind.

After research, the SS already come with matching Baer 14" front and rear crossed drilled/vented rotors.

On a stock 2007-2009 GT500 to convert the rear only complete brake set up:

Quote from Baer is $3795 - not including labor to install.

When i talked to Bud regarding the rear brake upgrade, I understood that the rear caliper upgrade for the SS was simply just that.

The rear Baer/Shelby 6P brake calipers are not available yet. Bud said sometime end of February or latest March.

Did SAI give you a price quote to upgrade to the rear Baer/Shelby 6 piston brake calipers on your SS conversion?

I received the call from Cynthia from SAI Vegas, Monday, November 17, 2008 to bring my GT500 black vert to Vegas for the SS conversion, but have decided to wait till March or now maybe April.

I have a 2008 GT500 vert - triple black.

My CSM # is 08SS0097

My deposit date was 9-25-07.

I have been waiting mainly because I want the Super Snake Shelby/Baer matching upgraded rear brake set up, powder coated, RED with the black SHELBY logo, 6 piston calipers = matching the fronts.

Matching RED calipers front & rear are a must!

Just go look at the Corvette & Viper. You will change your mind.

Different topic, but thanks for the info...

I really wanted to have matching front and rear calipers, but for the price that Baer quoted me I just couldnt see it.

Baer told me close to 6K for the brakes. Its NEW calipers, New Rotors and a NEW mounting bracket. I was dumb and thought it was only the calipers!!

Now about the Traction control. When I first got the car I drove it with the TC ON. The car will power thru it until you shift gears, then the computer catchs up and the car acts like you dont know how to drive a stick shift ( starts hopping) I found out after the second time I drove it that it was the TC trying to stop it from spinning. I was told this could really hurt the motor because it leans it out so much. Guys at KB told me to drive with the TC OFF if I was going to HOT ROD the car>

It will take a few drives for you to figure out how to feather the throttle to keep it from getting away from you, but thats half the fun of these cars in learning how to drive them.

It will come to you FAST

MM

Thanks guys.

I have the Eibach on my car so I dont really know about the Ford Racing.

Did Shelby tell you that the 10s where ready? I was told that they are NOT ready and it might still be awhile??

MM

Did Shelby tell you that the 10s where ready? I was told that they are NOT ready and it might still be awhile??

MM

10's are stock, I thought they were making 11" Alcoas :headscratch:

MM

MM-

Aren't the 10's standard and the 11's are what people are waiting for?

Thanks for the response and info. I am in Oregon and someday we will have to get together at a car show.

JW

After getting my car back from Tasca I had some problems with throwing codes I spoke with Ken from Kenne Bell and he put me in touch with a local tuner who helped me out alot. After swapping the throttle body and having it retuned everthing was great. I was told to drive with the TC off because theres to much power and it will over comes the TC and you could cause the engine to possible go lean and throw a code

Is there a way to permanently disable the TC?? I know Lethal did this to their car, maybe I will call them tomorrow or someone can chime in here.. that famous p050 code :hysterical:

Ed

Archived