TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Ford a good buy?

Question for all you successful market players.

Is Ford a good buy for under $1.80 a share?

It looks like ford is on the right track on building more efficient cars.

They are going to build a 65MPG clean burning diesel car they will sell overseas.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...99060491065.htm

Ford soon will have a new fuel efficient engine for the Super Dutys called the Scorpion.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/news/ford...-big-sting.html

They seem to be on the right track but are they a good investment?

It's so tempting......

Any thoughts?

Marji plays some with the market and we have a running joke, if she has a question regarding a stock, DON'T ask Dan, he purchased Ford :hysterical:

I think it's good for a long term investment, but don't ask me, I purchased Ford.

It looks like ford is on the right track on building more efficient cars.

They are going to build a 65MPG clean burning diesel car they will sell overseas.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...99060491065.htm

Ford soon will have a new fuel efficient engine for the Super Dutys called the Scorpion.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/news/ford...-big-sting.html

They seem to be on the right track but are they a good investment?

It's so tempting......

Any thoughts?

ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY

Ford as, we all know is a 'World Company', in sales and Marketing of products and services. China, Africa, South America, Europe, Australia, are Huge Emerging and growing Markets, for Ford. We are very invested in Ford. Ford had a high of approx. $28.00/share, with a consider, bargain price at $5-6.00/share. At $1,80/share, It is a very good investment. We will recover from this recession. Obama's recovery plan is flawed, to say the least, and is mostly centered, on Hillary Clinton National Health Care Issues and allot, of Democrat special Interest programs. However, That said, we will recover, from this recession, in time, despite, of that. The rest of the world in most markets, will most likely recover, before we do. Ford has many new innovative cars and products, and has a TREMENDOUS, Research and Development side of it's, Corporate structure. Ford is here to stay.

:salute:

let's face it - @ $1.80 18cents is 10% on your money. Of course it is still going down. Just got to figure out where that bottom is. I don't think they are going out of business any time soon. But I do think the trouble with the other 2 leave an Ford looking much better to the genernal public and more likely to have consumers buy a Ford rather than the other 2.

I had a long talk with my advisor about Ford. I was all gun ho about buying it because at 1.75, at the time, I figured what the hell, buy 1000 shares and if it tanks so what. After losing as much as we did last year what's 1750 bucks. Well, she was very much against it. The big problem is the long term viability of the suppliers that are tied to Ford, GM and Chrysler. If the other 2 fail, in all likely hood the suppliers are going to go under and Ford is going to be in a world of hurt along with everyone else. They are all tied together in lot of their suppliers. Not like engines and things like that but electronics, materials, and lots of other items that are made for each brand. Her advice was to wait it out a bit and see if there is really a chance that the Big 3 together are going to make it and if so then buy some. It may be a bit more but then I would know it was money well spent.

I still think I am going to have her pick up a 1000 share. Like I said if it goes completely wrong, which it won't, It's not that much in the scheme of things.

Don

For what it's worth, I just read this article.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/120837-for...is?source=yahoo

Draw your own conclusions.

That's a nice article and I think Alan Mulally is doing the right thing.

The problem is like Duneindon#5481 said all 3 are are tied together and treading water. If one sinks they all go down.

If Ford could distance themselves from the other 2 they could survive on there own.

I just read where Chrysler, in their big cost saving measure is going to remove all the clocks at their headquarters to save $20,000 a year on battery's.....WOW! Tough decision........their doomed!

I just checked Ford's stock. It has now dropped to $1.65. It was down as low as $1.61 today. I may put a buy order in at $1.50. Probably won't go that low today, but maybe in a couple days unless some good news comes out.

When you DO Buy it, will you get Certificates or just a Letter saying that you own it?

Guest markham51

These companies have little or no value/equity right now. Do the math (or meth, your choice). We (the tax payers) are effectively buying them out. What a common stock is worth with all of the dilution in the future is most uncertain. Same with banks.

I think all American and Canadian tax payers should be given preferred shares in these companies we are bailing out. That way maybe we will create some inherent loyalty to American brands and at the very least we will have some interesting looking wallpaper if they all go broke. Seriously....

Shares of auto companies are valued a next to nothing because of uncertainty. These are uncertain times. Bet on Ford and GM like you were in Vegas but just remember at least in Vegas they publish the odds.

I've had a 100 shares since Ford sold for $9. So, I'm just going to wait it out. But, I am glad to own Ford stock; I think they are a great company that builds great cars.

• 9 months later...

Looks like the answer to your question was yes now that Ford is over $9.00 a share. I wish I would have bought some when it was under $2.00 a share, but I only got in around $6.90. I think it's still a good buy at these levels.

Yeah, someone's "advisor" told them not to buy...well, I hope they got a new advisor!!!!

I told my father-in-law to put some money in it, and he did at 1.65/share- 50k shares...he's loving me right now. :happy feet:

Gave my father the same advice....but he wanted to stick with his low risk investments at 3% returns per year....

Imagine if you dumped 1 million in at 1.65....oh the glory! :confused:

I knew in Feb that I should have used my supercharger and upgrade money which was about $15,000 to buy Ford Stock if I did holy cow I could have bought a KR and Still upgraded my SGT.

Moral of this story is Always follow your gut even if its too big to fit in the booth.

I knew in Feb that I should have used my supercharger and upgrade money which was about $15,000 to buy Ford Stock if I did holy cow I could have bought a KR and Still upgraded my SGT.

Moral of this story is Always follow your gut even if its too big to fit in the booth.

I agree. My gut told me to buy and I ignored it. With the 50K I had for my 2010 GT500 I could have bought the stock, then bought my car and then had an extra 150K to play with, but noooooooo I put it in a 3% CD. Damn!

I agree. My gut told me to buy and I ignored it. With the 50K I had for my 2010 GT500 I could have bought the stock, then bought my car and then had an extra 150K to play with, but noooooooo I put it in a 3% CD. Damn!

I always tell my customers that come to the bank to buy with your gut. If they like the product, enjoy using it, and like how their history has been I say buy and never look back. What's there to lose, I mean if you don't play you don't win.

Archived