TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Plus Brakes Install - Pics

2/16/09

Got the Shelby GTPlus Brakes installed. Two pics attached with the CS69 wheels.

Got to go through the under carriage of the SGT and painted all of the rusted surfaces; axles, shock and suspension brakets, driveshaft, etc. while the brakes were being done (thanks Tampa Bay Shelby) with the Mar-Hyde Rust to Primer Converter. Used two coats and the finish looks exactly like the differentail cover in finish. Ridiculous to have to do this to a car that has been in the rain once but needed.

BTW - The ramps in the picture I purchased from California Car Cover. The way 5 pounds total and raise the car safely up 3" in stages that you can feel working alone. They have non skip bottoms and do not move. The best part is they fit perfectly in the trunk up on the raised shelf right against the back seats and I always have a way to get whatever jack is available safely under the car. They were $45 back at the Holidays.

post-20776-1234796036_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234796169_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234796036_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234796169_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback. Tampa Bay Shelby did the S/C. I'm hoping that as they continue to talk with Shelby that they become a 'mod' shop down the road. In that case I would hope to be grandfathered into the SGT/SC registry. If not, no big deal. I have the car as I want it and all the receipts from Shelby, Scott Drake and Tampa Bay Shelby for all the additions to the car. I had the lower stripes made myself from a local sign shop using the correct font, size and vinyl described through answers in the forum. I figured that putting $15,000 in Shelby upgrades to a SGT that carried a $11,000 Shelby premium over the Mustang GT to correctly designate my car as a SGT/SC is correct.

The brakes have a long bed in procedure and I have not driven much in one week. 14 normal heat driving and heat cycles before doing the hard bed in procedure sent by Baer with the kit. I will do stop distances once this has been completed.

Guest hfrosso
2/16/09

Got the Shelby GTPlus Brakes installed. Two pics attached with the CS69 wheels.

Got to go through the under carriage of the SGT and painted all of the rusted surfaces; axles, shock and suspension brakets, driveshaft, etc. while the brakes were being done (thanks Tampa Bay Shelby) with the Mar-Hyde Rust to Primer Converter. Used two coats and the finish looks exactly like the differentail cover in finish. Ridiculous to have to do this to a car that has been in the rain once but needed.

BTW - The ramps in the picture I purchased from California Car Cover. The way 5 pounds total and raise the car safely up 3" in stages that you can feel working alone. They have non skip bottoms and do not move. The best part is they fit perfectly in the trunk up on the raised shelf right against the back seats and I always have a way to get whatever jack is available safely under the car. They were $45 back at the Holidays.

The brakes look really nice,

I want to by the same brake kit, the shelby logo on the calipers looks awesome.

did you installed the brakes yourself ???

If so how hard it is and how long it took ???

I'll appreciate any help/info.

thank's!!

It took about three hours total - 1 person on a lift at Tampa Bay Shelby. I pulled wheels off and put on, etc. while they did the calipers, rotors, lines and bleed. Iwas cleaning and painting all of the rusted underpinnings; shock mounts, axles, etc. It is so great to have a shop of gear heads that allow their customer friends to help with the upgrade projects.

It took about three hours total - 1 person on a lift at Tampa Bay Shelby. I pulled wheels off and put on, etc. while they did the calipers, rotors, lines and bleed. Iwas cleaning and painting all of the rusted underpinnings; shock mounts, axles, etc. It is so great to have a shop of gear heads that allow their customer friends to help with the upgrade projects.

Very nice!

Did you happen to take any pics of the underside pre/post paint? And if so...pics please!

Archived