TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road Racing Courses......

BoneDoc

I drag race here in Denver a few times a year. It's fun but I've had a number of members tell me that road racing is by far the most fun you can have in these cars. Are there any road-racing instruction courses out there that use GT500 as the practice vehicle? or maybe just an S-197 modified GT? seem to me that if I am gonna learn... it would be best to learn in an S-197 rather than a corvette, porsche, etc....

I would look for a High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) in your area or A NASA (National Auto Sports Association) event. You can find HPDE events by looking at your local tracks events schedule. Here is the link to NASA: http://www.nasaproracing.com/

Both options should have beginner program that involves a class room and instructional period on the track in your car.

HPDE's where you'll use your own car. Myself and a few others here are doing the Miller Motorsports Mustang driving school where you end up in the Mustang Challenge cars. For Mustang specific, find the SVT clubs and do their HPDE's.

Archived