TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scraped my front air dam

Got pics?

No pics it is a little cold out so my candy A$$ isn't willing to go outside and take pic's...it is scratched along the front right side of the splitter and will need to be painted. I ordered the G9 Vista Blue in an aerosol can from Auto touchup paint just looking to see if anyone else had used this product?

Our GT/CS has the same front bumper as your SGT.

I was looking at mine and I noticed that there is a horizontal indentation reveal 2 inches abpve the bottom of the bumper.

It might be best to paint from that reveal line down to the bottom of the bumper. This would allow you to tape off that area and then spray it and it would give you a clean break point in the paint.

Be sure to scuff sand the area first and clean it real well so the new paint bonds good. If it's a slight shade or sheen off, you could do both sides so it looks the same. I only suggest that because since it is at the bottom of the bumper where the light picks up a different angle, it would look the same and just appear to be the way the light was hitting your bumper.

Click on this pic to enlarge it to see the reveal line I am talking about.

th_CaliforniaSpecial040.jpg

I've got a couple of those myself, one from a curb, the other from an ARMADILLO! (That little @#$!%&* varmit caught the air dam dead center, then proceeded to bounce down the entire length of the undercarriage!)

Very minor damage from both incidents, and is undetectable unless your willing to crawl underneath and look. I've elected to leave them be for now, since it's plastic and won't rust. If mine was visible, I like the spray paint suggestion above.

The armadillo did manage to knock the heads off of two of those plastic pins that attach the splash guard to the underside of the valance. I now have a half-dozen spares, just in case!

Sam

AKA:

Ive managed to stay away from curbs but did manage to scrape it on a steep apron leaving a parking lot going into a street. Ive decided to leave it for now. It is visible but not unless you get down and really look. I figure if I do something with it as soon as I finish Ill hit something worse and the entire front would need replaced. Thats my luck anyways.

You should check the splash shield that hooks up to the front of the spoiler. When it flexes it can pop off the plastic rivets that hold the splash shield on and the shield will fly off while going down the road.

I hit a possum with mine and it was enough to pop the rivets out. Then, while on the highway, the splash shield comes off and gets destroyed. That cost me about $150 parts and labor.

Archived