TEAM SHELBY FORUM

High Flow Cats

Well soon it will be time to pull out the Shelby. I still have not registered her. She only has 300 miles. I did put in an off-road H and Ford Racing Mufflers. A couple questions and I'm sorry if I sound dumb but I just want to be sure. The stock size is 2.5 right? I need to purchase high flow cats and have them cut in this year so I can have her inspected and Pass. I see these on Ebay (link below) It should be as easy as having someone cut them in right? Also anyone have a trust worthy exhaust guy in the Yorktown/Yonkers NY area. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mustang-PYP...sQ5fAccessories

Yes, the stock exhaust is 2.5".

I recently purchased and installed a Pypes off-road X-pipe with high flow cats. However, I had to cut in the cats myself. If you go to Pypes website, you can view the installation instructions.

http://www.pypesexhaust.com/inst.html

You can also purchase a cat elimination kit so you can uninstall the cats for racing.

Hope this helps!

Scotty,

Like so many other have said on this forum, it is your Shelby, make it your own! :)

My opinion: Keep the stock parts and buy the aftermarket cats.....I did not cut up my original equipment.

Again, this is only my opinon. If you would like, I could post some pics of the Pypes Cats installed.....

B

Yes, please post pics. I agree, keep the original equipment. One of the reasons I purchased this car because I kept the original eq. on my 93 Cobra when I sold it.

Scotty,

Like so many other have said on this forum, it is your Shelby, make it your own! :)

My opinion: Keep the stock parts and buy the aftermarket cats.....I did not cut up my original equipment.

Again, this is only my opinon. If you would like, I could post some pics of the Pypes Cats installed.....

B

Archived