TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how will you spend your $13?

Thats right, and if your tax bracket is 25% you will save $750 on your tax bill. What a deal.... :banghead: I know it is really hard to resist the temtation to run out and buy cars with this stimulous. What is really missing is incentive to business to make investment, no perminant jobs will be created with out this incentive (well; except for perminant goverment jobs that add $0 to GDP).

This is nothing new. I've been writing off car sales tax for years. My tax guy takes care of it. He always wants me to give him a copy of the sales tax reciept.

My wallet is sealed tight right now. The only thing that will open it is if the construction market shows some increase in work. I have been losing co-workers right and left due to lay offs. I almost got zipped 2 weeks ago myself and I'm only safe for a short time.

SAD but very TRUE !!! It's Time, to physically divide the Country. Let the Left Wing Wackos, Go Communist, with Obama, and his ' Comrades". Pelosi and Reed. Obama worshipers do not want to work anyway. Let them sit on their Butts and collect, OBAMA 'crumbs", in the form of US Government hand out's, free this, and free that.

The Democrats finally, have their Dream, "to sit on your Butt and collect welfare" !!!Of course, forget abut the 3.5 TRILLION dollar's it costs to sit on your Butt's. Someone else will pick up the 'Bill' . Lets divide the Country, into Left and Right, So, that the 68% of us who did not vote for, "Obama the Savior", can live in Freedom and Prosperity

This topic is full of "SORE LOOSERS"......"WHINERS" and "DITTO HEADS"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Ha, I say the "Glass is Half Full"................You say it is "Half Empty"............

That is the difference................. :hysterical:

It does not mater if the Glass is Half Full or Half Empty......................Knock it over and the Mess is still the same.

AMEN, Thank you for your service. We the 68% of Americans, that did not vote for Obama, support, stand behind are grateful and proud of our United States Military.

I did not myself serve, I hold those who ever did in the very highest regard. I collect military vehicles including armored vehicles, which often go to events that support our Veterans.

For our personal efforts my wife and I are members of Operation Support Our Troops (OSOT). We do 3-4 pack-outs a year, the last being 10,000 Christmas stockings (stuffed with goodies) to service members serving abroad. The whole thing is run on a volunteer basis and private donations, there are ZERO paid members.

It was my understanding it would pay 90% of ALL home mortgages!

I will tell you that my short term memory is #$($#@$. I went to a wedding this weekend and I could not remember several close family members and close friend's names!!!! I was so embarrassed. I heard something phenomenal about what could be accomplished if the 7-800 billion was spent directly on the housing crisis so you may be correct. Unfortunately it sounds like very little will actually directly impact the housing problems. I hope I am wrong.

Can one of you tax savvy folks explain to me how this works: " people who buy new cars before the end of the year can write off the sales taxes".

I've bought a new car in 2005, two in 2006, one in 2007, and two last year, and I've claimed the sales tax for each and every one of them on my 1040.

BEER :beerchug:

It'll help to forget the real issues here.

Actually, it will just about cover the increased amount of health insurance premiums at work. My employer stopped their contributiuons so now us employees have to cover the whole cost each month. :shrug:

I did not myself serve, I hold those who ever did in the very highest regard. I collect military vehicles including armored vehicles, which often go to events that support our Veterans.

For our personal efforts my wife and I are members of Operation Support Our Troops (OSOT). We do 3-4 pack-outs a year, the last being 10,000 Christmas stockings (stuffed with goodies) to service members serving abroad. The whole thing is run on a volunteer basis and private donations, there are ZERO paid members.

Well then, My original Post remains the same, Thank You for your service to those that serve. 10,000 Christmas stockings. That is allot of Joy and giving. God Bless you. You are an inspiration to us all. I have friends and relatives that collect, antique tractors, some used in military. l.

Active service members should be exempt from paying taxes. And past service members should get a considerable break.

When I bought my Shelby my tax was 3k. I had a business and should have wrote that off but the car was for my personnel use so I was honest and didn't claim it. If I went back now and amended it I am sure I would get an audit.

SAD but very TRUE !!! It's Time, to physically divide the Country. Let the Left Wing Wackos, Go Communist, with Obama, and his ' Comrades". Pelosi and Reed. Obama worshipers do not want to work anyway. Let them sit on their Butts and collect, OBAMA 'crumbs", in the form of US Government hand out's, free this, and free that.

The Democrats finally, have their Dream, "to sit on your Butt and collect welfare" !!!Of course, forget abut the 3.5 TRILLION dollar's it costs to sit on your Butt's. Someone else will pick up the 'Bill' . Lets divide the Country, into Left and Right, So, that the 68% of us who did not vote for, "Obama the Savior", can live in Freedom and Prosperity

I don't know if dividing into left and right would be best but I do think we need to go back to the basics. Check this out !

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment

Active service members should be exempt from paying taxes. And past service members should get a considerable break.

When I bought my Shelby my tax was 3k. I had a business and should have wrote that off but the car was for my personnel use so I was honest and didn't claim it. If I went back now and amended it I am sure I would get an audit.

I agree 100%. As a Nation, we need to show our respect and to honor those who serve and have served our Nation in the Military. Tax relief, low low low, GI home and car loans, ( my dad's GI Bill, after WWII, $1.00 dwn hm loan). Health care for all family members and dependents. And most of all, ease of access to these benefits. Perhaps a Debit type card, that could be used at any store that the Service personnel and family members wish to use it at. I support our military. My father, mother and many relatives have served in every conflict back to the Revolutionary war. If the 'New" administration wants to do some thing NOW, then get EVERY single Veteran off of the street, Now!!! Provide Housing and Debt relief to each and every military personnel, currently serving or vets, NOW !!!! That would be a start. The time for Taking, when comes to this subject is over. We as a Nation should step up and make our brave soldiers and veterans a Priority.NOW.

Archived