TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how will you spend your $13?

I'm thinking I can finally get that supercharger I've been eyeing.

"Millions of workers can expect to see about $13 extra in their weekly paychecks, starting around June, from a new $400 tax credit to be doled out through the rest of the year. Couples would get up to $800. In 2010, the credit would be about $7.70 a week, if it is spread over the entire year."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090214/ap_on_...s_who_gets_what

Wow! I never knew this is what being stimulated felt like! :happy feet:

I'm thinking I can finally get that supercharger I've been eyeing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090214/ap_on_...s_who_gets_what

Wow! I never knew this is what being stimulated felt like! :happy feet:

Can one of you tax savvy folks explain to me how this works: " people who buy new cars before the end of the year can write off the sales taxes".

Can one of you tax savvy folks explain to me how this works: " people who buy new cars before the end of the year can write off the sales taxes".

I can only Assume it is for the 2009 Tax Season and done like any other Tax Write Off. I would send in copies of the Paper Work just to be safe though.

"Millions of workers can expect to see about $13 extra in their weekly paychecks, starting around June, from a new $400 tax credit to be doled out through the rest of the year. Couples would get up to $800. In 2010, the credit would be about $7.70 a week, if it is spread over the entire year."

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Praise Obama, Praise Obama, Praise Pelosi, Praise Reed, Thank You Democrats. You Left Wing Wack Jobs, sure saved the Nation, with, "Savior Obama'. Enjoy your $13/ week. Of Course 'Savior Obama, and Michelle are "Re-Decorating the White House and spending, MILLIONS of Dollars doing it. Praise Obama, the Savior of the United States.

I'm a tax executive specializing in corporate taxes, no individual taxes, but I believe you can itemize your "state tax deduction" on your tax return which is based on the higher of your state INCOME taxes or your state SALES taxes paid during the year. The rules do allow for an estimation of the sales tax if you don't have records. Sales tax paid on big ticket items will always be higher than the estimated amounts.

Publication 600 has more detail. Here is the link: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p600.pdf

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Praise Obama, Praise Obama, Praise Pelosi, Praise Reed, Thank You Democrats. You Left Wing Wack Jobs, sure saved the Nation, with, "Savior Obama'. Enjoy your $13/ week. Of Course 'Savior Obama, and Michelle are "Re-Decorating the White House and spending, MILLIONS of Dollars doing it. Praise Obama, the Savior of the United States.

Obama has higher ratings than Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Maybe, but i'm sure he can do it with ease, probably in less than half the time.... ;)

Ha, I say the "Glass is Half Full"................You say it is "Half Empty"............

That is the difference................. :hysterical:

Your close. I actually think the glass is completely empty, and there are going to be a lot of thirsty people.

:shades:

Let me know when I bump into you on a street corner.....Ill drop some change in your empty glass............

:hysterical:

Don't forget, with that $13.00 per week, they will be sending you the bill for the $10,000 (your part of the debt) in loans to pay for the PORK laden bill.

AMEN, Thank you for your service. We the 68% of Americans, that did not vote for Obama, support, stand behind are grateful and proud of our United States Military.

Its nice to be a Born Again American. I will say with In a year Obama,Pelosi,Reid and the same will have done more damage to AMERICA than GW ever Imagined.

Its nice to be a Born Again American. I will say with In a year Obama,Pelosi,Reid and the same will have done more damage to AMERICA than GW ever Imagined.

SAD but very TRUE !!! It's Time, to physically divide the Country. Let the Left Wing Wackos, Go Communist, with Obama, and his ' Comrades". Pelosi and Reed. Obama worshipers do not want to work anyway. Let them sit on their Butts and collect, OBAMA 'crumbs", in the form of US Government hand out's, free this, and free that.

The Democrats finally, have their Dream, "to sit on your Butt and collect welfare" !!!Of course, forget abut the 3.5 TRILLION dollar's it costs to sit on your Butt's. Someone else will pick up the 'Bill' . Lets divide the Country, into Left and Right, So, that the 68% of us who did not vote for, "Obama the Savior", can live in Freedom and Prosperity

I'm a tax executive specializing in corporate taxes, no individual taxes, but I believe you can itemize your "state tax deduction" on your tax return which is based on the higher of your state INCOME taxes or your state SALES taxes paid during the year. The rules do allow for an estimation of the sales tax if you don't have records. Sales tax paid on big ticket items will always be higher than the estimated amounts.

Publication 600 has more detail. Here is the link: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p600.pdf

I was thinking the same thing. What is different than the current tax code? Right now you can select the average tax rate for your State or if you have some big purchases like cars you can choose that. :headscratch:

Well it works like this, you spend 30k-40k on a new vehicle that you don't need or can afford right now, and then at the end of the year you get to write off on your taxes the 3000.00 in sales tax they charge you. But you still have to pay for the 30k-40k for the vehicle. See what a good deal that is!!!!!!!

Well it works like this, you spend 30k-40k on a new vehicle that you don't need or can afford right now, and then at the end of the year you get to write off on your taxes the 3000.00 in sales tax they charge you. But you still have to pay for the 30k-40k for the vehicle. See what a good deal that is!!!!!!!

:headscratch:

Doesn't sound so good. :huh:

Thats right, and if your tax bracket is 25% you will save $750 on your tax bill. What a deal.... :banghead: I know it is really hard to resist the temtation to run out and buy cars with this stimulous. What is really missing is incentive to business to make investment, no perminant jobs will be created with out this incentive (well; except for perminant goverment jobs that add $0 to GDP).

:headscratch:

Doesn't sound so good. :huh:

Well..............It must be..................the government says so!

Archived