TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will the 40th Group Get Jackets?

I understand this to be a custom insert. There is an option to choose "other" or something like that. Gary will call and make sure that everything is what you want and you can discuss. Those with the 40th and the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS) I think are a natural for the silver insert. You will also have to tell him if you have a coupe or vert as this is not yet on the site.

"Throw in the towel" Is there a 40th Towel that I don't know about and have yet!

OOPS, might be wrong on custom insert and it looks like they have the vert/coupe option corrected. I saw that blue is reserved for KR.

I'm guessing this will still be available next year? I'm trying to save my pennies because she wants to get a Terlingua and if we're doing that, it has to get all the options for the track. We'll have to see if I can keep up with that 725hp Cobrafan in a little ole v6.

Jon

Are there pics of this interior somewhere?
The only picture that I have seen is the one at the Shelby Store. If I remember correctly it showed the white inserts with CS signatures embroidered in the head rests. Too bad that the blue is exclusive to the KR, that would be my preference, not the white or silver.

The color for the 40th is Silver Leaf. It will match the stripes.

Actually, I spoke with Gary Disney about this today. He says the Silver Leaf is a bit more grey than Silver. He said there's a lighter color to match our Satin Silver. I think he had a different name for it - let's just call it silver. If you look at the examples in the Shelby Store - the one Terlingua pic has the Silver Leaf which looks more gray. The other pic that looks almost white is the color to match our stripes. He did point out both pics were deceiving. The Silver Leaf gray looked darker than it is - and the Silver looked whiter than it really is.

Here's a link to the store.

http://www.shelbystore.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=op4

The only picture that I have seen is the one at the Shelby Store. If I remember correctly it showed the white inserts with CS signatures embroidered in the head rests. Too bad that the blue is exclusive to the KR, that would be my preference, not the white or silver.

The best thing to do is give Gary a call (949-305-7818 off/fax). He can provide color samples for you to make your best choice. The headrests for the Super Snake and the 40th Anniversary will have the fender emblem embroidered on them; they use a high tech imaging system that is supposed to turn out real nice (per Gary’s advice) I spoke to him at length yesterday, great guy.

Actually, I spoke with Gary Disney about this today. He says the Silver Leaf is a bit more grey than Silver. He said there's a lighter color to match our Satin Silver. I think he had a different name for it - let's just call it silver. If you look at the examples in the Shelby Store - the one Terlingua pic has the Silver Leaf which looks more gray. The other pic that looks almost white is the color to match our stripes. He did point out both pics were deceiving. The Silver Leaf gray looked darker than it is - and the Silver looked whiter than it really is.

Here's a link to the store.

http://www.shelbystore.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=op4

Thanks for the info. I'll give Gary a call to make sure I get the correct color.

I also just talked to Gary the one closest to the 40th stripes is code 607. Getting the package on the 427 car also! :happy feet:

607 Silver :happy feet: . That's whats going in my 40th as well.

The best thing to do is give Gary a call (949-305-7818 off/fax). He can provide color samples for you to make your best choice. The headrests for the Super Snake and the 40th Anniversary will have the fender emblem embroidered on them; they use a high tech imaging system that is supposed to turn out real nice (per Gary’s advice) I spoke to him at length yesterday, great guy.
Thanks, thats good information to have. I did not realize that the fender badges would be embroidered on the head rests.

Thanks, thats good information to have. I did not realize that the fender badges would be embroidered on the head rests.

Yes, and if you go to the Shelby store now there is a picture of the Super Snake version (not the 427 one) and it looks good from here! :rockon:

Yes, and if you go to the Shelby store now there is a picture of the Super Snake version (not the 427 one) and it looks good from here! :rockon:

I looked at it last night, your right, it does look good. Also, they updated the color offerings to include blue for non KR cars. That Rocks! :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - they made a slight change to the placement of the badges. All badges will go on the top of the seat - both front and back, and the front headrests will have the CS signature - as in the Terlingua example in the store. The only badge placed on the headrest will be the 427 version - it doesn't fit right on the front seat.

I just had mine installed. I took my seats out yesterday and dropped them off at the local installer. They had no trouble getting the covers on in a day. I picked up the seats and installed them this afternoon. Only complaint - my installer didn't take the time to get the cushions and covers symmetrical. I had to take some time to manipulate the cushions under the covers to get them right.

Then it started to rain - and I didn't have time for outside pics. So here are a few from inside the garage.

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC04059.jpg

DSC04061.jpg

DSC04062.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

Archived