TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SKILLED DRIVERS

frazierfreud

i hear a lot about what skilled drivers can do to improve 0-60 times, better take-off...pretty much due to being able to finesse the car into a quick start without excess wheel spin. i even watched a motor trend video on youtube and they said a "skilled driver" can do 0-60 in about 4.6 seconds. the question i have is: without adding mods to give better traction, is it all about throttle control? :headscratch: you know, just not getting into it completely in 1st and maybe 2nd gear? :shift: i don't consider myself a skilled driver at this time...getting better though. this is my first fast car ever. :baby: :happy feet:

also, with stock tires...what could be done mod wise to help out with excessive tire spin? :drool: thoughts are appreciated.

i hear a lot about what skilled drivers can do to improve 0-60 times, better take-off...pretty much due to being able to finesse the car into a quick start without excess wheel spin. i even watched a motor trend video on youtube and they said a "skilled driver" can do 0-60 in about 4.6 seconds. the question i have is: without adding mods to give better traction, is it all about throttle control? :headscratch: you know, just not getting into it completely in 1st and maybe 2nd gear? :shift: i don't consider myself a skilled driver at this time...getting better though. this is my first fast car ever. :baby: :happy feet:

also, with stock tires...what could be done mod wise to help out with excessive tire spin? :drool: thoughts are appreciated.

Buy a v-6 gt- sorry but you have to much power to expect your tires to not spin even stock- been there done that- have mt drag radials control arms and still can break them lose ulnless I am at a track for a burnout- be glad you have a car that can spin the tires- should get a chirp in four gears although first may take you sideways if you are not careful- join the mod squad- empty your wallet to help keep the economy going,

don't turn off the traction control :shift:

get a J&M UCA and LCA"S

There are tricks you can learn, but the tires are going to spin. I ease up to 40 in 1st, then get on in hard when I hit 2nd. I still break the tires loose and go sideways depending on the road surface, but you can stay on it hard through the other gears. You have a lot of power and it will break the tires loose, enjoy.

Archived