TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back the Semi-Truck up & Load'em

I can't explain as to why they can only put (2) cars on a semi-trailer & why only on the bottom two back slots.

But after looking at this photo Robert took post-768-1162742660_thumb.jpg with room for (8) Regular Mustangs & GT's it doesn't appear to be a loading problem. Then what seems to be the problem with loading the trailers with more then (2) Shelby's?

Does the added air splitter length on the front cause additional loading problems going btw. the movable ramp sections on the hydraulic ramps of the trailer, more so on top sections then the bottom ones?

Come on Ford....tell us what's going on here? That front Air-Splitter CAN'T cause that much of a problem for transportation. If this isn't the problem then WE (who haven't gotten are cars yet) have a much bigger concern with Ford & the time it takes to get them after they arrive to the transit area & then to the dealers.

If you ask me this surely looks to be the Bottle neck problem as to why it takes so long for it to get to our dealers when sitting in the Transit Area for weeks on end.

The next Bold Moves movie should be .... FORD BUYS or LEASES MORE SEMI-TRUCKS TO GET NEW PRODUCTS TO MARKET FASTER SO CUSTOMERS STAY HAPPY!

post-768-1162742660_thumb.jpg

I can't explain as to why they can only put (2) cars on a semi-trailer & why only on the bottom two back slots.

But after looking at this photo Robert took post-768-1162742660_thumb.jpg with room for (8) Regular Mustangs & GT's it doesn't appear to be a loading problem. Then what seems to be the problem with loading the trailers with more then (2) Shelby's?

Does the added air splitter length on the front cause additional loading problems going btw. the movable ramp sections on the hydraulic ramps of the trailer, more so on top sections then the bottom ones?

Come on Ford....tell us what's going on here? That front Air-Splitter CAN'T cause that much of a problem for transportation. If this isn't the problem then WE (who haven't gotten are cars yet) have a much bigger concern with Ford & the time it takes to get them after they arrive to the transit area & then to the dealers.

I you ask me this surely looks to be the Bottle neck problem as to why it takes so long for it to get to our dealers when sitting in the Transit Area for weeks on end.

The next Bold Moves movie should be .... FORD BUYS or LEASES MORE SEMI-TRUCKS TO GET NEW PRODUCTS TO MARKET FASTER SO CUSTOMERS STAY HAPPY!

I dont think this should be the problem, the ratio of new Mustangs to new Shelbys has got to be somewhere in the 20 to 1 range, but lets say just for arguments sake that it is 10 to 1.

And lets say a tranporter holds 20 cars, which they don't hold that many. Logic says if only 2 Shelbys can be loaded because of the splitter or whatever, then there would be room for say 20 Mustangs. If the transporter holds ten cars, then 1 Shelby would fit in this ratio. If 2 Shelbys get loaded then they are being shipped at a ratio of 5 to 1 (Mustang to Shelby).

We all know production of the Shelby is not this high so that can't be the issue. It could be if there just aren't enough transporters available at all. :idea:

This is a problem that Ford management needs to fix. This is what they get paid to do. If they do not fix it, then they are not doing the job that they were hired to do. Fire the incomp and hire a problem solver to address issues like this. Simple. :shades:

Could it be that they are only shipping Mustangs & Shelby`s from this plant that they want to make sure the truck is full before shipping to certain area dealers that have orders in.Just a thought don`t really know but it has been a year now that i put down a down payment .

I can see the delayed stress syndrome is really starting to surface. More :tequila:

Are you tellin me that along with PSDS, that I can expect to also suffer DSS :headscratch:

Was this stuff in the fine print on the contract I signed :headscratch:

Can you get drugs for this :headscratch:

What happens if you just supress these and do not deal with them :headscratch:

Are you tellin me that along with PSDS, that I can expect to also suffer DSS :headscratch:

Yeah, there are lots of drugs for this, you just have to know what end of town to cruise :hysterical:

The bottom line is I live 90 to 95 miles away from the Plant & I live in Michigan. When I know per Ralph that my car is done & has been just sitting in the Transit Area for over 2 weeks now is just plain unacceptable. Now if FORD wants to come clean & say they have a Quality Concern over "What ever it is", then just tell us. But for Customer Service & my Dealer to both say we don't know where your car is or why it hasn't shipped yet when it's already overdue is just unacceptable in my book.

The reason we are all on this site so much is because we need something to help us to cope with PSDS and DSS. Reading and talking about things and grasping at every bit of new info on this car is actually like a "drug " in a way. I for one find it most difficult to stay away from these threads for very long . It's like I need another "fix " of info again. :tequila:

Rob, just wondering, what is your ETA on this car ? Mine is between Nov 7- 14th. I hope it doesn't go much past that or I will be pulling my hair out ,what little I have anyway. :confused:

The reason we are all on this site so much is because we need something to help us to cope with PSDS and DSS. Reading and talking about things and grasping at every bit of new info on this car is actually like a "drug " in a way. I for one find it most difficult to stay away from these threads for very long . It's like I need another "fix " of info again. :tequila:

Rob, just wondering, what is your ETA on this car ? Mine is between Nov 7- 14th. I hope it doesn't go much past that or I will be pulling my hair out ,what little I have anyway. :confused:

I have been told by my dealer and I confirmed this with the dealers factory Rep. that my car will be a Job 2 car built in Q1. The Rep. told me that come Jan. I will know more. :baby:

ah, hell, I give up on the spell checking....

Seriously, I know I tease y'all a lot. But I do feel your pain and frustrations.

I have to believe that some Ford brass cruise this site.

I'm suprised more hasn't been done - or at least explained.

I'm sure if they put out some 411 on this, it would be much easier to wait.

Hang tough, my brothers.

Edit: meantime, get me some GPS numbers - I'll order some jet fuel.

If you ask me this surely looks to be the Bottle neck problem as to why it takes so long for it to get to our dealers when sitting in the Transit Area for weeks on end.

I can relate to yuor frustration

Check my thread "sick of fords BS" - Even though I have my car now, there is still about 1month of time unaccounted for. Mine left the plant on Aug. 9 but was not actually shipped until Sept. 14. Nobody can tell me what happened in the MONTH :headscratch:

Just a thought...maybe this is Ford's way of limiting production. Perhaps that is why they won't say anything. I'm sure they monitor sites like this, but it probably just gives them a laugh. (unforunately at our expense)

Nobody laughs at thix kind of stuff. I actually take insult to that comment. When it says car built on X/X/XX, it may not be done for another week or month depending on what options the car has and the like. Add to that some cars are having stripes applied offsite and another is not all cars are going to the same place. Some are going to the NW....some to SE.....some to the NE and so on and so on. The trucks have to be full. Some times cars do wait but more than a week is rare. Trust that everyone is doing what they can to get your cars built and delivered and nothing is unusaul. Just ask anyone that orders a Corvette, a Camry, a 300C, or really any car.

I theorize that they only load them in those locations as they are the most 'protected' on the truck, and the Cobra is given that spot to ensure it has the least chance of being damaged in transit?

Seems logical to me, and worth the wait if it spares it any odd 'act of God' between the factory and you.

Relax mon, it'll be there before you know it.

I just got off the phone with Ford Performance (formally known as SVT). They told me that my car was gate released Oct 26 and has been sitting ,waiting for a truck to take it to the train. he said that they are building about 50 GT500s a day ,can only get about 2 on a truck at a time.

That means they would need at least 25 truck loads a day to keep up with that build rate.

Thats why there is a backlog at the factory and another backlog at the train yard. He told me that a best case senerio for me would probably be not until the end of Nov or later.

That means about 5 to 6 weeks to deliver a car from Mich to the East coast.

Plus the longer it sits outside somewhere the greater the chances of some type of damage to the car.

I can't believe they can't do better than that.

I just got off the phone with Ford Performance (formally known as SVT). They told me that my car was gate released Oct 26 and has been sitting ,waiting for a truck to take it to the train. he said that they are building about 50 GT500s a day ,can only get about 2 on a truck at a time.

That means they would need at least 25 truck loads a day to keep up with that build rate.

Thats why there is a backlog at the factory and another backlog at the train yard. He told me that a best case senerio for me would probably be not until the end of Nov or later.

That means about 5 to 6 weeks to deliver a car from Mich to the East coast.

Plus the longer it sits outside somewhere the greater the chances of some type of damage to the car.

I can't believe they can't do better than that.

K, I take back my earlier optimistic theory.

That's some idiocy right there. :rant:

Hey Coldwater,

I seen a semi full of Mustangs today heading your way. Sorry no white cars at all. But it did have ONE Shelby on it. Alloy.

:headspin: There would have been a time I would have chimed in with my want my car yadada ...but sigh Its sitting in the garage... know how you guys feel...and it doesn't matter what anyone says unless of course its the call "hey come get your car"

:banana piano:

Cheers,

Requis

CW,

Amy, at Shelby, indicates several other problems causing delays including parts appropriation. See quote below.

"On the delays, there have been reasons for delays, other then the fascia, but I think it is progressing well now, This is a marque car for ford and it is complex being the first year and a new platform, although many parts from the Ford GT and Mustang, it still is a new production car with the usual starts and stops. I think also the overwheming sales have contributed to delivery, they are making them as fast as possible."

"Amy"

Mine, according to all sources appears to be built and awaiting shipment to dealer. I called SVT and dealer again today with similar responses, gate release.

Just think, in spite of all the delays, you and me, and a bunch of others like us will have our cars. I truly believe our days are coming and nothing will stop us once we have our right foots pressed firmly to the floor with the biggest smile on our faces since the birth of our children. I keep thinking of the English guy in the video, (I don’t remember or care to remember his name) driving one these cars on the track giggling his rear end off while ripping the handling. He’s having the fun that we will experience soon, but he only got just a few short runs in a car like we will own and be able to drive when ever we want.

I have to stay positive or I’ll just go nuts, and I haven’t been waiting near as long as many on this board.

OUR DAY IS COMING . . .

Chin up . . . Oh, by the way . . . Are the pictures of the St. Louis Seven cool or what?

Archived