TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes Warranty

OK I have searched and don't see a consensus on what it really is, I took my car into the dealership to look at the Stripes under the scoop (original scoop still in great shape) the stripes are peeling up from the pressure on the stripes. I also have an issue where there is debris under the drivers side roof stripes causing issues.

Ford is telling me that the warranty is only 12 months/12K on the stripes ( car is 13 months) I have looked through all of my Shelby info and it all states 3/36

Is there any clarity on this?

OK I have searched and don't see a consensus on what it really is, I took my car into the dealership to look at the Stripes under the scoop (original scoop still in great shape) the stripes are peeling up from the pressure on the stripes. I also have an issue where there is debris under the drivers side roof stripes causing issues.

Ford is telling me that the warranty is only 12 months/12K on the stripes ( car is 13 months) I have looked through all of my Shelby info and it all states 3/36

I will look tomorrow, but I thought the stripes where 3/36 also

MM

Everything Shelby installed carries a 3yr/36k warranty!!

gtshelby07.warranty012307.pdf

gtshelby07.warranty012307.pdf

Your stripes are ruined due to a bad scoop that is flexing and needs to be replaced. The stripe damage is not environmental but due to a faulty scoop that's been redesigned to solve just that problem.

Call the warranty line yourself and talk to them about this and the cause. You want a new scoop, or this WILL happen again, and the stripes replaced. If they won't do it get names, dates, etc., and contact Ford's Customer Assistance line to escalate this.

Again, your problem is due to the design of the scoop that has since been modified to fix this specific issue among others.

Good luck!

Looked in warranty book, 3/36 also Shelby window sticker says 3/36 I think the Ford dealers need to learn how to read and know thier product. I went to my dealer and they said 1yr 12. It took me 2 months to get new stripes finally got them will have them installed at the body shop that painted my 67,69 Shelbys, at my expense

This wasn't the dealer it was Ford Warranty when they called it in. Not sure what to do about this now.

Mark

Did you call Ford Performance Group, not the Ford Warranty? (“SHELBY GT: SHELBY GT w/ FORD RACING PARTS INSTALLED, FOR COVERAGE 1-800-367-3788, opt #1)

Ask for Mitchell, because someone is blowing smoke up your butt. I've had my '08 sicne 12/10/2007, and just filled a new warranty claim last week on my stripes and it was approved, just waiting on the parts to come in.

Get the stripes in from the dealer. Sign for them, take them home and store in a temperature controlled enviornment and GO NAKED :happy feet:

You can apply the stripes at any time, but in the meantime you have a unique SGT! We installed the replacement scoop (fiberglass) with rivet bolts and nuts; 24 and ten minutes to take off if needed!

post-20776-1234810755_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234810755_thumb.jpg

Get the stripes in from the dealer. Sign for them, take them home and store in a temperature controlled enviornment and GO NAKED :happy feet:

You can apply the stripes at any time, but in the meantime you have a unique SGT! We installed the replacement scoop (fiberglass) with rivet bolts and nuts; 24 and ten minutes to take off if needed!

Yeah, I got my replacement hood stripes sitting in a box in my room. I plan on putting them on myself or if I can find someone in my area who has done it successfully, I may pay someone to do it.

Did you call Ford Performance Group, not the Ford Warranty? (“SHELBY GT: SHELBY GT w/ FORD RACING PARTS INSTALLED, FOR COVERAGE 1-800-367-3788, opt #1)

Ask for Mitchell, because someone is blowing smoke up your butt. I've had my '08 sicne 12/10/2007, and just filled a new warranty claim last week on my stripes and it was approved, just waiting on the parts to come in.

Good luck on the Ford warranty ! I have talked to the people at FPG and the Ford warranty many times and they both told me if the stripes are peeling or coming up they would replace them within the 3 years or 36000 miles, but if they are just spotted or faded they wouldn't replace after 1 year ,12000 miles. The dealer said they were bad stripes but they couldn't or wouldn't replace on the dealers dime without the warranty paying. All three said I could buy them and pay for the install and they could do the work!! Needless to say I still have my faded and spotted stripes on my car!! My salesman has a black SGT with faded stripes and they won't replace the stripes and he said they told him the same thing. His also isn't done. Real sad but true.

Good luck on the Ford warranty ! I have talked to the people at FPG and the Ford warranty many times and they both told me if the stripes are peeling or coming up they would replace them within the 3 years or 36000 miles, but if they are just spotted or faded they wouldn't replace after 1 year ,12000 miles. The dealer said they were bad stripes but they couldn't or wouldn't replace on the dealers dime without the warranty paying. All three said I could buy them and pay for the install and they could do the work!! Needless to say I still have my faded and spotted stripes on my car!! My salesman has a black SGT with faded stripes and they won't replace the stripes and he said they told him the same thing. His also isn't done. Real sad but true.

That's odd. My stripes were not peeling or coming up at all. They only had water spots and they were fully covered under the 3yr/36k warranty. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

But let me say even if you are covered who can you trust to put the stripes on. Some person who just works in the back of Ford. That is why I never got mine fixed. Just cannot trust anyone putting on the stripes straight.

Do what I have done find a body shop that works on classic cars and high end cars, I have a shop here in WI Marshall Auto body painted compele cars for me and got all bubbles out of stripes on SGT have complete set of extra stripes will keep if any problems in future Bruce

I like the no stripe look , most Shelbys in 60s came without stripes, when I bought my 57 Shelby it had no stripes, I agree ref rivets nuts they came with Chip Beck scoop I bought Bruce

What ever happened to customer service, had problem with my low mileage BMW M3 2002 and BMW took care of problem in 2007 that is customer service, what kind of cheap stripe material did they use. Have stripes on my 91 Miata from factory 19,000 miles no spots Bruce

Ok what's the best way to fix the stripes...My stripe fix was negotiated in the purchase of my car...After talking to the owner of the dealership he seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to make it right...He said he will get the stripes and the new scoop and fix with rivets even though his shop guys suggest stainless steel allen head screws instead of rivets...He's willing to do it either way and also offered to have my stripes painted on...I'm not sure what to do?

Ok what's the best way to fix the stripes...My stripe fix was negotiated in the purchase of my car...After talking to the owner of the dealership he seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to make it right...He said he will get the stripes and the new scoop and fix with rivets even though his shop guys suggest stainless steel allen head screws instead of rivets...He's willing to do it either way and also offered to have my stripes painted on...I'm not sure what to do?

Have them do a warranty claim...get in new stripes keep them in the box forever. Have the dealership send your car to a high end shop and paint every stripe on your car. If I had someone offer me this I would do it in a heartbeat. I have tried to get SAI to just give me the money for the stripes and Ford to just allot me money for the warranty work then me pay the difference but I can't get anyone to bite. Next year I will get all my stripes painted--this year it is a S/C. If you talk to any dealer or body shop they will telll you the vinyl stripes will not last forever and at the end of your warranty at some point you will have to pay anyway to have them replaced again.

Have them do a warranty claim...get in new stripes keep them in the box forever. Have the dealership send your car to a high end shop and paint every stripe on your car. If I had someone offer me this I would do it in a heartbeat. I have tried to get SAI to just give me the money for the stripes and Ford to just allot me money for the warranty work then me pay the difference but I can't get anyone to bite. Next year I will get all my stripes painted--this year it is a S/C. If you talk to any dealer or body shop they will telll you the vinyl stripes will not last forever and at the end of your warranty at some point you will have to pay anyway to have them replaced again.

I had the stripes on my 07 replaced in June of 08 under warranty. Bought the car in Aug of 07. Have kept it covered most of this winter. Took it out this past weekend to get cleaned and noticed the spots were coming back. Just sent in a request for service at the local Ford dealer. Will see if I am covered again. Is this going to be a yearly maintenance cost?

I had the stripes on my 07 replaced in June of 08 under warranty. Bought the car in Aug of 07. Have kept it covered most of this winter. Took it out this past weekend to get cleaned and noticed the spots were coming back. Just sent in a request for service at the local Ford dealer. Will see if I am covered again. Is this going to be a yearly maintenance cost?

I know SAI hopes not, I have talked to two Ford dealers and two shops in NC whom all stated the vinyl would not last the life of the car. The worst estimate I got was a shop in Sanford NC that told me expect 24 months out of a set. My wife really wanted me to get them painted this month but I elected for the S/C instead...so next spring my first item on any agenda will be the painting of stripes.

I know SAI hopes not, I have talked to two Ford dealers and two shops in NC whom all stated the vinyl would not last the life of the car. The worst estimate I got was a shop in Sanford NC that told me expect 24 months out of a set. My wife really wanted me to get them painted this month but I elected for the S/C instead...so next spring my first item on any agenda will be the painting of stripes.

No they will not last the life of the car and often neither will paint.

The Sanford shops comments are spoken like someone that's trying to sell you an expensive paint job and doesn't want to take the time to do the stripes right. Vinyl auto graphics will typically come with a 5 year warranty when owned by a typical car owner.

http://www.oracal.com/knowledge/contact-support.asp

Now having said this, I do think paint is the way to go long term but this gloom and doom stuff is silly when the cost to you, TODAY, under warranty is nothing to minimal vs. $1800-$2800 for paint. If paint was more reasonable I would be on that bandwagon but I for one just can't justify the $$$$, if you can go for it!

When I called, they first said it was 12/12, but after speaking with Bud I confirmed it was 3/36. I called back and got the authorization. My car is at the Ford body shop getting the new stripes and scoop at this time. I look forward to seeing them.

RP

When I called, they first said it was 12/12, but after speaking with Bud I confirmed it was 3/36. I called back and got the authorization. My car is at the Ford body shop getting the new stripes and scoop at this time. I look forward to seeing them.

RP

1" space down the center line!

I have a similar problem with my stripes but not dealing with the scoop. Mine is spots that have appeared all over the stripes. I keep the car in the garage and it has only been caught in the rain a handful of times. (I have another car I drive when I know it will be raining)

I just went over 24K on the odometer so I will try to go through my local dealership to get them replaced. I want to get them painted someday but that is not viable for now.

Will see what happens...

Shocking, but the spotting is only covered under the 12/12 warranty. I knew they were gonna stiff me.

Archived