TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front End Cover for the Super Snake

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine came in today with the holes and to be truthful I'm a little disappointed- The holes are not perfectly positioned for the hood pins so they pull a little [as do yours in the picture MM]. The holes seem to just be punched out of the vinyl with the excess vinyl rolled under on the inside of the bra . The vinyl which is cut in small strips that is on the underside of the bra then rests on the paint surface and will surely scratch the paint as it rubs back and forth as the car is moving. The underside of the bra is covered with soft cotton to prevent scratching so why have this vinyl tucked under coming in contact with the paint. It seems like it was just a quick fix for the holes, without much thought Just my .02 for what its worth Mine is going back!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to put mine on now and having a very hard time.

It is well over 72 degrees on this thing is not going on.

I found no place to "hook" the straps to anything under the hood

so just strapped it accross like the other one.

The instructions are not helping a bit.

Mine came in today with the holes and to be truthful I'm a little disappointed- The holes are not perfectly positioned for the hood pins so they pull a little [as do yours in the picture MM]. The holes seem to just be punched out of the vinyl with the excess vinyl rolled under on the inside of the bra . The vinyl which is cut in small strips that is on the underside of the bra then rests on the paint surface and will surely scratch the paint as it rubs back and forth as the car is moving. The underside of the bra is covered with soft cotton to prevent scratching so why have this vinyl tucked under coming in contact with the paint. It seems like it was just a quick fix for the holes, without much thought Just my .02 for what its worth Mine is going back!

Not thrilled with the design of this bra at all. I have a Colgan bra that I had for the car before it was an SS. The design of the lower piece is 100 times better and I agree with you on the hood piece. One of the guys I know that has a SS is already having problems with the lower piece of the bra especially the pieces that are between the grill and headlight. They are so stretched out they won't hook anymore. The Colgan bra has a pocket in the front. They definately rushed this one.

I called Shelby parts and spoke with Chris, he was very interested in my opinions and wants to get it better. I would suggest contacting him. I have a feeling as these bras are being used more on the freeway there will be more complaints.

Colgan is about as K-Mart as you can get.I had a Colgan on my 1987 Supra, (in 1992). For a vehicle of this caliber, you have to invest in a clear bra, or, if you can Speed Lingerie. FINAL ANSWER

Where can we get a clear bra or speed lingerie for the SS ?

BTW, I finally got the bra on.

The fit on the front edge of the hood is not good at all..

Any Custom Car Shop will do a clear for you. Here in Vegas, Findlay Customs....they are great. They just did my Audi S5, and normally, there are 2 options. 10" back, or alll the way , completing the whole hood.. ($600.00 to appr. $1,800.00).

Not cheap, but neither is the snake!!

As far as the Speed Lingerie goes, they will color match your car, but, the downside is they need someone to bring their Snake in for a template. They are in Northern Ca.

My personal opinion, (that I value), is I would never put a cheap vinyl, esp. BLACK mismatching bra on. You will never be happy with:

1)a black cheap bra on your red/GO/blue, etc. Snake,

2)THE TERRIBLE FIT. Just wait till you are doing 90 down I-15 after a year of it on your car.

3) Paint DISCOLORATION!!!

Received mine three weeks ago.....put it in the sun for two hours then onto the car. Instructions left something to be desired and the straps that ran on the hood piece were also on backwards.

It was a b---ch to install by myself but I got it done after 60 minutes of pulling, tugging, inserting and double checking. I've had bras on for my other cars and never had a fit that was this terrible, especially around the lower grill and on the pieces that run between the headlights and the upper grille. The fit was so poor that I was afraid to take the car out with it on. I couldn't see how it wouldn't scratch my car or simply tear off at speed. I was really disappointed.......

So...I took it off, called SAI, got an RA # and sent it back. So, after +/-$20 bucks in shipping costs I guess it's back to the drawing board...a little wiser and a little poorer.....

GT

Archived