TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front End Cover for the Super Snake

Talked with Enrique today. He told me the same as you, if it doesn't have holes, he will send out the correct top piece that does.

Hey Guys,

I just talked to the manufacturer on these. He states that he sent us both, however when we looked at all of the ones we have in stock - NO HOLES! He has stated that there is a size difference between the 2 and the one with holes extends further up the hood towards the windshield than the one without on the hood piece. This also means that the fender pieces also had to be extended to match. This is due to the fact that the one without holes ends right at the hood pin and covers it about half way. He stated that to do an exchange, we would have to take the incorrect part from the customer and have a completely new package shipped from him.

I'm sorry guys, this is new information to me also.

Feel free to email direct and I'll get you taken care of - etrinidad@shelbyperformanceparts.com

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you take any pictures Dan?

I dont know if I like it or not. I might have to have the hood pins showing. I kinda like the way it looks with them.

Dan do you like it or are you sending it back for the hood pins bra

MM

I didn't take the pic, but did try it on and it fits as shown. I talked with Enrique again today, I'm sending it back to get the correct bra for the SS, with pin holes.

post_23508_1234983417_thumb.jpg

post_23508_1234983417_thumb.jpg

By the way, Speed Lingerie will make you a custom color matched bra. Myself, I am going with the clear. I would have SL customize it, but, one hitch.....you have to drive your car there. (Northern Ca.).

Can't do a black bra. Just my opinion, although no one asked.

I talked to him before the bash.

I had to bring the car to him and I think he wanted eight hundred dollars

MM

I called him also. What is so unique about Speed Lingerie is the fact that they fit exceptionally well and snug, to the point that you can barely see it.

I have had many others on previous cars that I have owned.

If I didn't have to drive it to him, I would go that route, but, I just had my Audi S5 done in clear for $600.00, and he was so cool that he even went further up the hood than what he originally told me. Therefore, I will have to stay with the clear.

BTW, I should be getting the call for my pick up soon. It's ben close to 6 weeks. Pretty jazzed.

I called him also. What is so unique about Speed Lingerie is the fact that they fit exceptionally well and snug, to the point that you can barely see it.

I have had many others on previous cars that I have owned.

If I didn't have to drive it to him, I would go that route, but, I just had my Audi S5 done in clear for $600.00, and he was so cool that he even went further up the hood than what he originally told me. Therefore, I will have to stay with the clear.

BTW, I should be getting the call for my pick up soon. It's ben close to 6 weeks. Pretty jazzed.

Well if one person will go get the bra measured then he can do them for us!

MM

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting as well. Hope it gets here soon. The weather is starting to change and it's time to let her out of the stable. :shift:

Bart

07SS0044

Mine came in and it has the HOLES!!!

No not really! I put in on, but I dont like the way it looks without the hood pins showing.

I guess Im sending it back for the other one

MM

Hi Michael, did you ever get the correct Bra ? (BRA SS-5) are you happy with it ? I want to order one, I should be getting my car back soon from SH.

thanks

Al

called SPP couple days ago, they said the one with hood pin holes should be coming in about a week :doh:

I called yesterday and they told me probally two weeks. I will probally, at some point, order a speed lingerie bra. They can do custom colors and "STRIPES". That would just look to cool. I don't like the clear bras.

Aggie

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine today, with holes. I also will have to try mine this weekend.

Bart

Like always, we are a day late in GA!!

The frontend cover came in today. Heres the pictures.

First a few suggestions about putting it on. The instructions suggest letting it sit outside in 72+ weather. GREAT IDEA. I went ahead and put mine on. It took 2 folks. It will look better after I let the car sit outside and the cover loosens up. If you let the cover loosen up it will be ALOT easier to put on.

The strap going from side to side under the hood had the buckle on backwards. I dont know if they are all that way or just this one. It didnt take long to notice since it wouldnt tighten up.

MM

Picture471.jpg

Picture472.jpg

Picture473.jpg

Picture474.jpg

Picture475.jpg

Archived