TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How 'bout that Pace Car?

thewheelman

They said that was the first time a Ford paced an event at the Daytona, I find that hard to believe, anyone else hear that?

All I remember Pacing the Daytona is Corvette's, Camaro's, Chevy SSR's and Trans Am's I know there are other Vehicles but these stand out. Looks like the 2010 Camaro will be the Actual Pace Car for the Daytona 500.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6444334/motorspo...-car/index.html

Will it be pacing the big race too?

Being the Shelby 427 race I would bet money on it!

Will it be pacing the big race too?

Yes, the 2010 will pace the Daytona 500 on Sunday.

The Shelby 427 race in Las Vegas will be paced by a super snake.

The big question is whose SUPER SNAKE!

Hey, just read today....the new Camaro will be the pace car for the Daytona 500.

What new Camaro? OH you mean that old thing we've been looking at for 3 years? :hysterical:

I find it odd that either car being a 2010 model is pacing anything since neither is currently available for sale to the general public...but hey, I guess they have to find a way to keep the Camaro guys hanging around...427 with a 6 speed sounds good, but I bet it'll never ever see production at all....

Pic of Tracy when while we were at the Homestead 2008 race. We had a great pit suite above JJ and cousin Carl's garage and in front of their haulers. Got to have dinner with all the Roush guys and got autographs from The Biff. It was a great weekend

100_0126.jpg

Archived