TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

Hang in there Blip.....it's worth it when they finish!!!

Yep it sure will be worth it!

Well here's some x-rated photos of it's naked body....:D :redcard:

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd purely love to watch as one of these transmogrifications take place; don't think I have the patience, though.

Now, it seems to me the guys who do them are probably accomplished craftsmen, and are getting plenty of practice. Do you think (assuming SAI can catch up and cooperate) they would be up to the 6-hour challenge these guys managed to vanquish?

Stangpede Show Car

Looks like the same - or close to it - level of alteration. Maybe a couple more hours would be necessary, but do-able, don't you think?

I'd travel a few hundred miles to witness that ...

Thanks all--photos of test fitting the hood are coming up next.

I'd purely love to watch as one of these transmogrifications take place; don't think I have the patience, though.

Now, it seems to me the guys who do them are probably accomplished craftsmen, and are getting plenty of practice. Do you think (assuming SAI can catch up and cooperate) they would be up to the 6-hour challenge these guys managed to vanquish?

Stangpede Show Car

Looks like the same - or close to it - level of alteration. Maybe a couple more hours would be necessary, but do-able, don't you think?

I'd travel a few hundred miles to witness that ...

By what the Tasca folks are telling me the body work prep is a killer, about 40 hours to get the front fascia and hood ready for paint/installation.

Now if that was all prepared in advance, than I wonder if the "bolt on" work might possibly be done in 6 hours or less, specially in my case

as with the base package there's no supercharger to install.

How is yours going Check6? Yours should be close also.

Well, no pics and really no news as of yet...we tried to get SAI to go ahead and upgrade the tires and wheels to the performance size, so we didn't have to get new wheels next year when we upgrade to the high pro version...but, SAI said no :cry: We did talk them into putting the Terlingua arm rest cover on :happy feet: We are working on them to take some pics so we can post them....they have had the car about a month, so don't think too much has been done

Well, no pics and really no news as of yet...we tried to get SAI to go ahead and upgrade the tires and wheels to the performance size, so we didn't have to get new wheels next year when we upgrade to the high pro version...but, SAI said no :cry: We did talk them into putting the Terlingua arm rest cover on :happy feet: We are working on them to take some pics so we can post them....they have had the car about a month, so don't think too much has been done

I think you might get it sooner than you think. I here SAI is moving a little quicker than the mod shops have been although that is changing soon.

check6--hope you get so photos from SAI soon. Now

I hadn't thought about the arm rest mod....hummm. :D

Blip

Be careful with the armrest mod if you are getting or plan on getting the interior upgrade. I got the interior upgrade with the silver inserts silver stitching and yellow bunnies. I think check6 got his with yellow stitching. I ordered the armrest and it came with yellow stitching (which works for cheak6's car but not so well with my car). They are fixing it with now problems, just thought I would give you a heads up if you go for it.

Now if I only had a car to put it on.

Blip

Be careful with the armrest mod if you are getting or plan on getting the interior upgrade. I got the interior upgrade with the silver inserts silver stitching and yellow bunnies. I think check6 got his with yellow stitching. I ordered the armrest and it came with yellow stitching (which works for cheak6's car but not so well with my car). They are fixing it with now problems, just thought I would give you a heads up if you go for it.

Now if I only had a car to put it on.

When we were at SAI, we were shown a leather sample with a lot of different colors to select from. We picked black leather with a grey insert that most matched the Tungsten Grey paint. There were several shades of grey and silver to select from. The stitching will also be the grey color, with the bunny and Shelby's sig in yellow (on the black leather). We were told the arm rest would match the interior colors we selected. The people who make the kit later called us to confirm colors, so I feel ok that it will all match maybe :doh:

We still don't have a number yet as SAI has still not figured out how many to hold back.... :banghead: We were told a week or so ago that not much had been done to the car in the past month, thus no pics....so, I don't think it looks good for a complete car anytime soon :cry:

So, we all just wait it out......Until that glorious day when we get the call to come and get it! :happy feet: :happy feet:

check6 - Believe me, I've heard they got some things rolling now. Don't be suprised if your not complete very soon. I don't think SAI has a parts problem. It's just a matter of time.

Well, it would be nice...but only time will tell :lurk:

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new update. Suspension work is done, but they are still fine tuning the front fascia fit/finish.

Next big step should be the finish paint.

Not sure on the armrest swap, but got a few ideas after the Terlingua conversion is completed. :D

Should have more photos to share soon.

Got a new update. Suspension work is done, but they are still fine tuning the front fascia fit/finish.

Next big step should be the finish paint.

Not sure on the armrest swap, but got a few ideas after the Terlingua conversion is completed. :D

Should have more photos to share soon.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for all the support! :D

Got a quick message last night that the hood is painted, but they're still

working with the front fascia fit and finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest, they discovered the grill insert was broken in shipping, front end can't be installed until they get a replacement.

(Might have some new photos on Friday.)

They hope to have it finished by the middle of the month, as they think that's when Gary P. will be there to give the Shelby blessings, and stickers,

to several Mod Shop projects.

After that, they can start on the "round-two" extras I've ordered. Maybe we'll see it by Labor Day weekend.

Archived