TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, now the one who will have the toughest wait is my son, as he will have to take the bus to school while the

Mustang is up at Tasca.

But then, when it comes back, he gets to drive it every day. :)

(Now, if it is not back before the end of school, he might get to take my Saleen on that last day or two--he does read these post while at

school so that should be good news .)

Thanks, now the one who will have the toughest wait is my son, as he will have to take the bus to school while the

Mustang is up at Tasca.

But then, when it comes back, he gets to drive it every day. :)

(Now, if it is not back before the end of school, he might get to take my Saleen on that last day or two--he does read these post while at

school so that should be good news .)

he may need to attend summer school. having it done in a month will be a first.

he may need to attend summer school. having it done in a month will be a first.

My bad, it's about a month of shop work that will take a few months to complete.

Arranging the final SAI approval process also seems to add on to the timeline.

Atleast the whole kit is there and now the car has left, but....

...but received a departing present yesterday while parked in an overflow lot just off the

high school campus--see below. (Juniors can't park in the school main lot.)

Got tagged with a pretty good skuff mark on the bumper cover.

TerlinguaSet01.jpg

Grabber Orange is a nice color. Wonder why I like it.

Hmmmm.... :headscratch: Patrick, I do wonder why......:)

Well, have taken the next small step now that it arrived at Tasca yesterday.

Heard that "take-off" work might start on it next week.

Can't wait for the first pictures from Tasca :drool:

Thanks again, yup realize that Grabber Orange is not for everyone.

There's a strong personal pull for me as I still remember cruising the dealership lots as a teen and coming across a brand

new 1970 Grabber Orange BOSS 302 sitting on the lot of Carl Beasley Ford, in York PA. :drool:

Then later there was a GO Shelby GT350 with the 70 updated hood stripes...... :drool::drool:

Those images have never left me and now years later, I'm sort of duplicating that dream with

the 07 Saleen Heritage (in the BOSS 302 role) and the 07 Terlingua (of course, it's got the GT350 part.) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Patrick.:D

Well, finally have something to report. The future 0304 is starting to come apart and we've went for a few upgrades.

Switching to the 8.8 rear end--some day I'll add a supercharger so better to just increase the durability now.

And moved up to the 20' Razors instead of the 18" wheels which are basically the stock Mustang GT 5 spokes.

And then there's a few post conversion ideas being kicked around.... ;) :P

Tasca folks are thinking that maybe as soon as the end of June for completion. :happy feet: :happy feet: :banvictory::banvictory: :bandance: :bandance:

Thanks Patrick.:D

Well, finally have something to report. The future 0304 is starting to come apart and we've went for a few upgrades.

Switching to the 8.8 rear end--some day I'll add a supercharger so better to just increase the durability now.

And moved up to the 20' Razors instead of the 18" wheels which are basically the stock Mustang GT 5 spokes.

And then there's a few post conversion ideas being kicked around.... ;) :P

Tasca folks are thinking that maybe as soon as the end of June for completion. :happy feet: :happy feet: :banvictory::banvictory: :bandance: :bandance:

Go Blip!!!! Can't wait for pictures :happy feet:

Don't worry, Chuck. Grabber Orange is faster then Black, but they do not know yet.

OK Patrick, I will explain this scientifically for you: Black absorbs heat from the sun. This causes a black car to be hotter than, say, an orange car. As we all know, heat rises. Therefore we all know that a black car will weigh less then a car of a different color, orange for example. Weight is very important in racing and speed competitions. A light car will have an obvious advantage over a heavier (orange) car.

Therefore we now ALL understand that scientifically, black is the fastest color. I hope that those of you with inferior, er, other colors will not be too upset by this indisputable, scientific reasoning. :hysterical2::hysterical:

Thank you,

Sean "the Speed Scientist" Cook :bag:

:hide:

:lurk:

OK Patrick, I will explain this scientifically for you: Black absorbs heat from the sun. This causes a black car to be hotter than, say, an orange car. As we all know, heat rises. Therefore we all know that a black car will weigh less then a car of a different color, orange for example. Weight is very important in racing and speed competitions. A light car will have an obvious advantage over a heavier (orange) car.

Therefore we now ALL understand that scientifically, black is the fastest color. I hope that those of you with inferior, er, other colors will not be too upset by this indisputable, scientific reasoning. :hysterical2::hysterical:

Thank you,

Sean "the Speed Scientist" Cook :bag:

:hide:

:lurk:

Sean,

Because Orange reflects the heat better then on a car with an ugly (read black) color, this causes that the car travels in a slightly colder environment. As you know our supercharged cars produce more hp when colder as colder air can be compressed better. Less density, more hp, faster speed. Therefore orange is faster then black.

Well I have thought hard and long - for me at least :hysterical: about Patrick and Scientific Sean's color versus speed debate.

I also tried to stay out of it...

But as a black Terlingua owner I can now prove that black is indeed the fastest using Sean and Patrick's combined wisdom!

Black is lighter as Sean states for his reasoning is sound. Cooler air is certainly better for boost as Patrick's well reasoned follow-up states. But the black Terlingua has a yellow hood and only the black colored Terlingua gets a yellow hood which is a lighter color than the other car's black hoods and is most directly responsible for the cooler air flow to the SC. Therefore, cooler air into the lighter black colored car with the yellow hood! Now if only someone had a lighter color interior say like one with parchment accents their black car would be even cooler for air flow than other black cars...

:drool:

VB

I hate to disrupt this orgy of scientific exploration and explication, but y'all are missing a significant aspect of the color vs fastness theorems and corollaries:

Slipperiness through the air is the most significant influence on speed, and slipperiness is based on laminar flow behavior. You got to admit there is no more laminar color than yellow; therefor, a yellow car is fastest, and any bit of yellow you can add to the other poor sufferers (that famous yellow hood with black bunny, for instance) will help. But short of a completely laminar yellow car, no one can come close.

Well I have thought hard and long - for me at least :hysterical: about Patrick and Scientific Sean's color versus speed debate.

I also tried to stay out of it...

But as a black Terlingua owner I can now prove that black is indeed the fastest using Sean and Patrick's combined wisdom!

Black is lighter as Sean states for his reasoning is sound. Cooler air is certainly better for boost as Patrick's well reasoned follow-up states. But the black Terlingua has a yellow hood and only the black colored Terlingua gets a yellow hood which is a lighter color than the other car's black hoods and is most directly responsible for the cooler air flow to the SC. Therefore, cooler air into the lighter black colored car with the yellow hood! Now if only someone had a lighter color interior say like one with parchment accents their black car would be even cooler for air flow than other black cars...

:drool:

VB

+1, but I think the yellow interior is the fastest....especially if it's signed by Bill Neale with yellow ink :happy feet: and when I get Carroll to sign it ......... watch out world :shift:

+1, but I think the yellow interior is the fastest....especially if it's signed by Bill Neale with yellow ink :happy feet: and when I get Carroll to sign it ......... watch out world :shift:

I bow in the face of superior baloney err logic!

Your yellow sig looks awesome Rick!

VB

Ah, but what you fail to realize is that Iocain powder is from.... oh, wait, wrong thread.

I should have been more elaborate in my prior post. :idea: I am refering to a black car with the RED STRIPE package. As we all know red is at the far end of the visible light spectrum and that means, uh, well I need to think about this for a minute. Get right back to you.

:slapfight::confused:

Ah, but what you fail to realize is that Iocain powder is from.... oh, wait, wrong thread.

I should have been more elaborate in my prior post. :idea: I am refering to a black car with the RED STRIPE package. As we all know red is at the far end of the visible light spectrum and that means, uh, well I need to think about this for a minute. Get right back to you.

:slapfight::confused:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Patrick, are you calling the Dutch Bunny ugly??? Astrid's gonna get mad at you :)

We are together for 25 years now and I know he likes to drive my black Terlingua because its fast. But if he doesn't like it I don't have to be worried that he will take my car for a spin :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally have an update--it's in pieces!!! :cry:

Front and rear fascias are off and body work has started on the Shelby front fascia and hood. :happy feet:

Plus the 8.8 rear has just arrived so suspension and exhaust work can start next. :D

(Base package uses rear exiting system so the new rear needed to be installed first.)

Will post photos when I can, still no guess-tament for when it will be completed. :lurk:

Well finally have an update--it's in pieces!!! :cry:

Front and rear fascias are off and body work has started on the Shelby front fascia and hood. :happy feet:

Plus the 8.8 rear has just arrived so suspension and exhaust work can start next. :D

(Base package uses rear exiting system so the new rear needed to be installed first.)

Will post photos when I can, still no guess-tament for when it will be completed. :lurk:

Hang in there Blip.....it's worth it when they finish!!!

Archived