TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

We have parts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update from Quantum this morning

"Hi Everyone,

Just thought we’d let you all know that we received the front fascias for your cars, and

they are being fitted this week to your individual cars. Then they go to the paint shop

for paint. More parts should be arriving soon – but the fascias are key to the program.

Thanks for your continued patience and support!

Best Regards,

Glenn"

Blip, I hope you get the same news

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have parts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update from Quantum this morning

"Hi Everyone,

Just thought we’d let you all know that we received the front fascias for your cars, and

they are being fitted this week to your individual cars. Then they go to the paint shop

for paint. More parts should be arriving soon – but the fascias are key to the program.

Thanks for your continued patience and support!

Best Regards,

Glenn"

Blip, I hope you get the same news

That's great news, but no calls here yet..... :headscratch:

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, haven't heard anything back in a few weeks, and the silence is killin' me.

The Black 0301 should be done soon.

Our Mustang is still sitting in our driveway, well that's when my son is not driving it....

• 2 weeks later...

Well..... here's the latest from Tasca this morning.

(Dennis from Tasca has been great, just wsh he could start building the car.)

Looks like our kit is going to ship out "this week," but without the front end.... :headscratch:

Looks like our kit is going to ship out "this week," but without the front end.... :headscratch:

Full disclosure seems to be difficult for any of us to get on our builds. Maybe SAI is trying to build the suspense.............OK, enough already. This is worse than waiting on Christmas as a kid. :yup:

:headscratch: Does a base Terlingua get a new front fascia?

Yep, according to the 12/30/2008 brochure, the base package includes a "CS6 style front fascia"

I guess I have not paid attention to that. I saw sprint200's white car and other pictures like this http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/2007...-3-1_800x0w.jpg

and had the impression that it did not with a front fascia.

I guess I was wrong

I guess I have not paid attention to that. I saw sprint200's white car and other pictures like this http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/2007...-3-1_800x0w.jpg

I guess I was wrong

It changed over time. The first brochure I have that included the CS6 front fascia is dated October 2008.

Full disclosure seems to be difficult for any of us to get on our builds. Maybe SAI is trying to build the suspense.............OK, enough already. This is worse than waiting on Christmas as a kid. :yup:

Agree, this is becoming worse than any of my custom Saleen builds and they had an established track record of slow builds.

Just not knowing what is really happening is the hard part, and how come Quantam can get front ends, but now Tasca?

We paid our deposit back in October, and would love to have a define date on when work will start on our car.

Back then we were told the build would start by the end of January.

We haven't even arranged for shipping it yet because Tasca does not have any of it's Terlingua parts. :banghead:

Yep, according to the 12/30/2008 brochure, the base package includes a "CS6 style front fascia"

It changed over time. The first brochure I have that included the CS6 front fascia is dated October 2008.

Correct

I guess I was wrong

Ours was ordered the first week of August '08 and built according to that BoM. It was originally scheduled to be completed in time for the Terlingua event. But time didn't permit completing the cars in front of us and ours too; so they pushed back our delivery date to Christmas at our request.

Agree, this is becoming worse than any of my custom Saleen builds and they had an established track record of slow builds.

Just not knowing what is really happening is the hard part, and how come Quantam can get front ends, but now Tasca?

We paid our deposit back in October, and would love to have a define date on when work will start on our car.

We haven't even arranged for shipping it yet because Tasca does not have any of it's Terlingua parts. :banghead:

Blip,

I understand your frustration and hope SAI will amend the situation soon. The guys at QP are good guys, but orders should be shipped as they were received, imho.

Hang in there :baby:

Blip,

Hang in there amigo. They may be doing things in the order deposits were placed. TRT0404 and I both committed on Oct 3rd and immediately paid. At the time we had tentative start dates of January as well.

Quantum had one other in shop when dh777 just dropped his off last weekend, but I don't know the status on that one.

Don't know what the holdup is, but hopefully we'll all be driving soon.

Ours was ordered the first week of August '08 and built according to that BoM. It was originally scheduled to be completed in time for the Terlingua event. But time didn't permit completing the cars in front of us and ours too; so they pushed back our delivery date to Christmas at our request.

Just remind us it's worth the wait :happy feet:

Blip,

Hang in there amigo. They may be doing things in the order deposits were placed. TRT0404 and I both committed on Oct 3rd and immediately paid. At the time we had tentative start dates of January as well.

Quantum had one other in shop when dh777 just dropped his off last weekend, but I don't know the status on that one.

Don't know what the holdup is, but hopefully we'll all be driving soon.

The build order makes sense as our deposit went throught on October 21st. The waiting is not the problem as

much as just not knowing what is going on with producing/shipping of the kits.

I've gotten the "it's shipping this week" message several times now. Before it was delayed while waiting for the new

front fascia, with current message being that it will ship "this week" without the fascia. :headscratch:

If the facias is such a problem, then I'll gladly take an older style build featuring the pony grill, like on Sprint200's white Terlingua.

My son actually prefers that older version of the base model.

(Sprint200--Glad to hear the whole family is enjoying that one.)

The build order makes sense as our deposit went throught on October 21st. The waiting is not the problem as

much as just not knowing what is going on with producing/shipping of the kits.

I've gotten the "it's shipping this week" message several times now. Before it was delayed while waiting for the new

front fascia, with current message being that it will ship "this week" without the fascia. :headscratch:

If the facias is such a problem, then I'll gladly take an older style build featuring the pony grill, like on Sprint200's white Terlingua.

My son actually prefers that older version of the base model.

(Sprint200--Glad to hear the whole family is enjoying that one.)

:headscratch: Man, I'm with you...I like the look of the pony style front end better, and with the new fascia, you lose the driving lights that the pony has....if the front fascia is the holdup, I would prefer to leave the pony parts in place....

Another advantage of the "stock" front end is a fairly significant weight savings. The CS6 type front end weighs about 60-70 lbs more than the stock one. The deep draw hood is nice, but double walled fiberglass vs. the stock aluminum one is a weight killer. Besides, the front end is the LAST place you want more weight on a Mustang.

I hope that you all get your cars soon and make sure to keep Sept/Oct 2010 open for the next Terlingua event (ok, I'm just guessing there, but I prefer the positive energy approach).

Okay, maybe something is happening--just got another call from Tasca asking to confirm the color of our donor, which is Grabber Orange.

SAI wanted it to send the correct colored stripe kit and also supposedly the front end is shipping out this week too.

I want to get excited, but will hold back until I get the call that all the parts are at Tasca...

Okay, maybe something is happening--just got another call from Tasca asking to confirm the color of our donor, which is Grabber Orange.

SAI wanted it to send the correct colored stripe kit and also supposedly the front end is shipping out this week too.

I want to get excited, but will hold back until I get the call that all the parts are at Tasca...

Yea Blip :happy feet: . Let's get excited!!! :party2: I have faith that things are turning loose

boy do I know how you feel, I hope to pick up the SGT in 3wks

• 2 weeks later...
Both Tasca and the LV facility are building Terlingua models now. So, production has increased, but it may not be enough for some.

Well. as far as I know, Tasca has just finished their only one build (0301) and I'm next on their build schedule.

They still haven't received our Terlingua kit from SAI.

Both Tasca and the LV facility are building Terlingua models now. So, production has increased, but it may not be enough for some.

Tasca has built one (1) since late Dec 08 and just finished it earlier this month. How is this increased production? Owners are waiting at all the mods shops to have their Terlinguas built. Hell I'm still waiting to hear the details of the Terlingua Cobra that was talked about at Sema 07 with final details to be released at the 85th bash.

read the 7th paragraph

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=20

With all due respect, dates (and times) from SAI are more of a "general guideline" than a hard-and-fast rule. I think that their larger commitments (i.e. to Ford) have priority over their individual owner builds (Terlingua/Cobra) and that makes more business sense. I also think that SAI is sometimes a little too optimistic with some of their plans and I have seen evidence that they are trying to not over-extend themselves now. They had some growing pains and then had to lay people off. Its a rollercoaster in the automotive field lately. My belief is that in the future they will do a better job of having their "ducks in a row" before announcing something.

As for the Cobra, I would email Amy or Bud and ask if there is an update. Or Bud may see this and chime in.....

Tasca has built one (1) since late Dec 08 and just finished it earlier this month. How is this increased production? Owners are waiting at all the mods shops to have their Terlinguas built. Hell I'm still waiting to hear the details of the Terlingua Cobra that was talked about at Sema 07 with final details to be released at the 85th bash.

read the 7th paragraph

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=20

If you are interested just call our sales office at 702-942-7325 and we will be happy to assist.

Archived