TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Am I Crazy?

yrrej48

I am going to wailt for the Grabber Orange. This dealer is unique in todays world. I worked for them in management for several years, that is the reason for the good relationship. They have been the local Ford dealer since 1911. I know you will find this hard to believe, but, the red Gt500 they bought from another dealer, they paid $13000.00 over msrp. They sold it to the man that had been on the list for msrp. Thats right they lost 13 grand, but it was the right thing to do. I guess that is why they are a 4th generation Ford dealer that has been in business for 95 years. Too bad there are not more like them out there.

I applaud your dealer.

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

I'm still hanging on, but just by a thread. I seem to have developed a strange twitch in my left check, and a vein in my forehead is pulsating.

:drop:

You have my permission to change your avitar to my YorkyPoo if you want. :hysterical:

Your right ... I find this hard to believe. I know there are a few great dealers out there, but $13000? At MSRP I believe the dealer makes between $6000 - $8000 on these cars. So to flat out take a 5-7 thousand dollar hit??? Sorry something sounds fishy.

Hits? Shotguns? Angry cats and dogs? I'm calling the Humane Society, sounds like cruelty to animals to me :rant:

Why would ANY dealer sell these cars fr MSRP?? This doesn't add up at all. Any dealer from any other dealership can send a relative in to by one at MSRP and then flip it for 15-20K over sticker at their dealership.

The market gets what the market gets for these. There are no deals anywhere in the country.

And there is no way a dealer would by a car at 13k over and sell it to a customer for MSRP!!!

NO WAY!!! I don't belive it for a second.

Two quick points to ponder. Ford did early on specificlly state there was to be no brokering(yes debated endlessly, so determine your own definition, as apparantly Ford has one we have not heard yet) and this little chestnut from a smarter person than myself...

"If you are playing poker with a group of people you don't know, and can not determine who the patsy is after 10 minutes, its you." :doh:

Hes real, in fact he just farted in the office. How can I send that smell for proof? :hysterical:

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

I'm still hanging on, but just by a thread. I seem to have developed a strange twitch in my left check, and a vein in my forehead is pulsating.

:drop:

Pretzel - Your cat got out again. Come an get it. :unsure:

Why would ANY dealer sell these cars fr MSRP?? This doesn't add up at all. Any dealer from any other dealership can send a relative in to by one at MSRP and then flip it for 15-20K over sticker at their dealership.

The market gets what the market gets for these. There are no deals anywhere in the country.

And there is no way a dealer would by a car at 13k over and sell it to a customer for MSRP!!!

NO WAY!!! I don't belive it for a second.

yeah... & plus the fact that 6k + 13k is 19k meaning that the dealer would have to have given up their 6k profit on a regular MSRP sale plus the 13k adm they supposedly paid to the other dealer to get the car. I think the story is embellished.

Archived