TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Am I Crazy?

yrrej48

Am I crazy? I have been number one on my dealers list since early 2005. Through an over sight the dealer told their best customer for fleet vehicles and in parts and service he could have the first GT500 without checking for the “list” that had been going for over a year. Since this dealer is not a SVT or PA winner they are only getting two allocations. I got bumped to second and the previous second and third place got bumped to third and forth. The dealer got the first GT500 in September and the other guy got this car. The second car is mine and is to be produced next week. I ordered Grabber Orange. All is right except the guys below me on the list don’t get a GT500. Unbelievably when the dealer discovered what he had done he told his staff to go buy two GT500 Mustangs from other dealers for these two guys. They did and one of the cars arrived yesterday. It is a Vista Blue with white stripes. The person that is behind me on the list wanted a Red car, and they found him a red car. The third guy in line has already bought a Corvette since he thought he was out of luck. My dilemma is that today they told me I had first chance for the blue car if I wanted it. I am standing there looking at this blue GT500 that I can take home today for MSRP. Yes this dealer is selling all his GT500’s for MSRP. There are some reputable dealers still out there. I think I am going to wait for my Grabber Orange GT500 that will be here the first of December instead of taking the blue car home today. Am I crazy?

Am I crazy? I have been number one on my dealers list since early 2005. Through an over sight the dealer told their best customer for fleet vehicles and in parts and service he could have the first GT500 without checking for the “list” that had been going for over a year. Since this dealer is not a SVT or PA winner they are only getting two allocations. I got bumped to second and the previous second and third place got bumped to third and forth. The dealer got the first GT500 in September and the other guy got this car. The second car is mine and is to be produced next week. I ordered Grabber Orange. All is right except the guys below me on the list don’t get a GT500. Unbelievably when the dealer discovered what he had done he told his staff to go buy two GT500 Mustangs from other dealers for these two guys. They did and one of the cars arrived yesterday. It is a Vista Blue with white stripes. The person that is behind me on the list wanted a Red car, and they found him a red car. The third guy in line has already bought a Corvette since he thought he was out of luck. My dilemma is that today they told me I had first chance for the blue car if I wanted it. I am standing there looking at this blue GT500 that I can take home today for MSRP. Yes this dealer is selling all his GT500’s for MSRP. There are some reputable dealers still out there. I think I am going to wait for my Grabber Orange GT500 that will be here the first of December instead of taking the blue car home today. Am I crazy?

Where is the dealer because I would like the blue one?

Thanks

Where is the dealer because I would like the blue one?

Thanks

I'm sorry, they have several people on the list for this Blue car. I could have it because I have been on their list the longest. The only reason I am not taking it is I am so close to getting the Orange car. Ford customer service says it should be at the dealer on December 3. Rob is right I am crazy, but I have waited this long another 30 days is nothing.

I'm sorry, they have several people on the list for this Blue car. I could have it because I have been on their list the longest. The only reason I am not taking it is I am so close to getting the Orange car. Ford customer service says it should be at the dealer on December 3. Rob is right I am crazy, but I have waited this long another 30 days is nothing.

Dude, I too want my GO GT500. I understand how you feel about that color. What state are you from ?

:redcard: Time out. Take the Blue one now. If you do not like it, sell it on e-bay :idea:

I have a very good relationship with this dealership. If I don't keep the car I have agreed to sell it back to them. They sell all hard to get cars, even their first GT40 for MSRP, But they do not want you to flip a hard to get car for a profit. They want to sell the cars to people that want to keep and enjoy them, not people wanting to make a profit.

I have a very good relationship with this dealership. If I don't keep the car I have agreed to sell it back to them. They sell all hard to get cars, even their first GT40 for MSRP, But they do not want you to flip a hard to get car for a profit. They want to sell the cars to people that want to keep and enjoy them, not people wanting to make a profit.

I was kidding. :doh:

Waite for the GO. :happy feet:

If you're heart is set on G.O. wait it out. Especially if you are guaranteed an MSRP deal for either one. However, from one Vista Blue GT500 owner, I am personally biased toward that color combo. You cannot go wrong with either but if it were me I'd be writing the check right now for that Vista Blue Shelby.

Whatever you do you will not be disappointed. Good luck my friend and you are soon to be enjoying one helluva vehicle.

Wait for what you want.

not a bad probem to have. make sure RPRETZEL doesn't find out you have the pick of 2 shelbies at MSRP.... he might sick his twisted little kitty on you! :hysterical:

wait for the G.O. (of course....i am biased) :yup:

Too late, I heard their was a kitty break at the pound. Shots fired :hysterical:

I am going to wailt for the Grabber Orange. This dealer is unique in todays world. I worked for them in management for several years, that is the reason for the good relationship. They have been the local Ford dealer since 1911. I know you will find this hard to believe, but, the red Gt500 they bought from another dealer, they paid $13000.00 over msrp. They sold it to the man that had been on the list for msrp. Thats right they lost 13 grand, but it was the right thing to do. I guess that is why they are a 4th generation Ford dealer that has been in business for 95 years. Too bad there are not more like them out there.

Now the real story comes out. A old management relationship. Sweet deal for a select few. :baby:

I have a prior relationship you are right, but I did ask to be first on the list before Ford ever announced they were going to build this car. The man that got the msrp on the car they paid adm was a customer off the street. My prior relationship almost worked against me as I have my own independent dealership. They thought I wanted the car to resale. If I had not been first on the list I would not be getting a car.

..a very angry cat this is.................

post-2962-1162786665_thumb.jpg

With the loss of pretzels ______, I mean cat, he might need some time to grieve before posting a new avitar. Heck the reason he is not here tonight is because he is diggin a hole in his back yard to bury the cat. Lets give him a break, when he comes back and let him choose his own _____, I mean cat. :woot:

Archived