TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Great Recession"

One of the Problems is people are scared to let go of any Money.

I have several Business Ideas that I was talking to Friends about recently and they kept saying to hold off till things get better. One is a Small Restaurant (an Italian Bistro), one is a Labor Only Mechanic Shop where the customer brings us the Parts to install on their Vehicle and I charge only $50.00 an Hour. A third is a small Shuttle Service, taking People to the Dog Track that is about 30 Miles away 3 Nights a Week and taking small Groups on Day Trips using a 12 Passenger Van. How is the Economy going to get better if everyone holds off?

I like your idea about the dog track and would like to roll my 201K into your idea, at least I would have some fun and couldn't blame anyone else for steeling my money.

I always look for the dog thats taking a dump before the race. Works better than my stocks research.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like your idea about the dog track and would like to roll my 201K into your idea, at least I would have some fun and couldn't blame anyone else for steeling my money.

I always look for the dog thats taking a dump before the race. Works better than my stocks research.

:hysterical:

Loosing money in Vegas is also more promising and entertaining than getting "RIPPED" in the "STOCK MARKET"....................

Loosing money in Vegas is also more promising and entertaining than getting "RIPPED" in the "STOCK MARKET"....................

People lose money in the stock market? :hysterical: Just kidding, I did some buying in November when It hit the Bottom??? I am down 28% as of today. Thank goodness we didn't go as low as November 08!

We do know the government can shorten the downturn by pumping money into the economy

FDR did that in the 30's and it made things worse. The depression was over in the rest of the world while it lingered here. The Japanese did it in the 90's and their recession lasted 10 years. The Japanese also bailed out their banks who used the money to pay bonuses and buy other banks but would not lend out the money. If any of the people in Washington had half a brain they could look to history to at least see what NOT to do. My theory is that they just do not give a rats *ss. It's the only way to explain their stupid and irresponsible actions.

People lose money in the stock market? :hysterical: Just kidding, I did some buying in November when It hit the Bottom??? I am down 28% as of today. Thank goodness we didn't go as low as November 08!

Ya NOT YET???????????? :hysterical:

Just courious...... these giant Companies that are laying off thousands of People, are any of those Jobs over seas or are all of them here in the USA?

I work for a large earth moving equipment manufacturer...President Obama visited one of our facilities yesterday, Feb 12. To date, all layoffs reported have been here in the US. But that's because the vast majority of our equipment is built here, and no ones buying them right now. There is, however, eventually going to be a global impact. A few global offices are in danger of being closed.

I work for a large earth moving equipment manufacturer...President Obama visited one of our facilities yesterday, Feb 12. To date, all layoffs reported have been here in the US. But that's because the vast majority of our equipment is built here, and no ones buying them right now. There is, however, eventually going to be a global impact. A few global offices are in danger of being closed.

I liked the way Obama said that the "pork" bill would put people back to work at Caterpillar and then the CEO contradicted him a few minutes later saying more layoffs were on the way. At least the CEO knows how to be truthful.

I liked the way Obama said that the "pork" bill would put people back to work at Caterpillar and then the CEO contradicted him a few minutes later saying more layoffs were on the way. At least the CEO knows how to be truthful "WHILE SUCKING MILLIONS FROM A COMPANY THAT'S LOOSING MILLIONS"????????????

:headscratch:

I liked the way Obama said that the "pork" bill would put people back to work at Caterpillar and then the CEO contradicted him a few minutes later saying more layoffs were on the way. At least the CEO knows how to be truthful.
QUOTE(2007GT @ Feb 14 2009, 10:31 AM) *

I liked the way Obama said that the "pork" bill would put people back to work at Caterpillar and then the CEO contradicted him a few minutes later saying more layoffs were on the way. At least the CEO knows how to be truthful "WHILE SUCKING MILLIONS FROM A COMPANY THAT'S LOOSING MILLIONS"????????????

:headscratch:

If your going to add Lies and BS to other members posts, try to be, a little less obvious. This has become your, 'Trademark" on this site. Just like your IDOL, OBAMA the GREAT, you mix words, lie and alter others words. Now Obama and his Gang, are in Charge. You have your dream wish, "Your Driving the Bus". Only time will tell have far you and your Obama will drive us into the SWAMP. Then you and other Obama Worshipers, can post your Hysterical, BS emotions, and perhaps, be out of work yourself. By the way Caterpillar ,is one the most respected, companies in the World, especially to Farmers, Construction and our Military. I'm sure your list of 'life long achievement' is equal to or greater the Caterpillar's. That is the reason, you can sit so high on your pompous perch, and talk, Sh--. Call up Obama, and ask him, for some more food stamps, or maybe a six pack of 40oz, KC's.

If your going to add Lies and BS to other members posts, try to be, a little less obvious. This has become your, 'Trademark" on this site. Just like your IDOL, OBAMA the GREAT, you mix words, lie and alter others words. Now Obama and his Gang, are in Charge. You have your dream wish, "Your Driving the Bus". Only time will tell have far you and your Obama will drive us into the SWAMP. Then you and other Obama Worshipers, can post your Hysterical, BS emotions, and perhaps, be out of work yourself. By the way Caterpillar ,is one the most respected, companies in the World, especially to Farmers, Construction and our Military. I'm sure your list of 'life long achievement' is equal to or greater the Caterpillar's. That is the reason, you can sit so high on your pompous perch, and talk, Sh--. Call up Obama, and ask him, for some more food stamps, or maybe a six pack of 40oz, KC's. "AND I KNOW I SUCK AT THIS BUT JUST CAN'T STOP WHINING ABOUT IT"............

You got it "WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are trying to get "THE BUS" out of the "SWAMP"

and back on the road............................................................................

You modified his post. That is not what he said. Obama totally spoke when he should have kept his mouth shut.

I know the details on how this unfolded last week, but really can't say much more than that.

HSURB

It was just a poor example I guess of thinking in the current Business climate and

over the last few years that many "CEO"s of large American Companies were dealt

record saleries and bonuses while at the same time their companies are bleeding to

death..............That is not called Leadership and is more a "HURRAY FOR ME" and

my co-conspirators and "SCREW THE FUTURE" of the Company and the hard working

honest play by the rules workers???????????????

Democratic Deutsche Tool......lol i love demys. Cant admit when u made a mistake and voted for the wrong guy? Cmon i mean the republican choice wasnt much better but i dont think he would have burried us much deeper unlike your buddy. I just dont see any stimulation coming form his packages. I mean seriously we heard nothing but whinning and pissin and moanin form you gusy when bush was in office and the sick thing is we were in such a great economic place till 06 when the demys took congress and ran the contry into the ground. But we made that all better by electing someone with barely any experience leading to drive us deaper. O well im not getting dragged in any more than i already have been. Flame suit on :extinguish:

Democratic Deutsche Tool......lol i love demys. Cant admit when u made a mistake and voted for the wrong guy? Cmon i mean the republican choice wasnt much better but i dont think he would have burried us much deeper unlike your buddy. I just dont see any stimulation coming form his packages. I mean seriously we heard nothing but whinning and pissin and moanin form you gusy when bush was in office and the sick thing is we were in such a great economic place till 06 when the demys took congress and ran the contry into the ground. But we made that all better by electing someone with barely any experience leading to drive us deaper. O well im not getting dragged in any more than i already have been. Flame suit on :extinguish:

More "WHINING" going on now than ever before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

More "WHINING" going on now than ever before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

I don't think so: Bush stole the election, Bush is Hitler, Impeach Bush, Illegal Bush War, Bush is a Moron, Bush went to war for OIL, Bush raised my taxes, and the list goes on.

It was just a poor example I guess of thinking in the current Business climate and

over the last few years that many "CEO"s of large American Companies were dealt

record saleries and bonuses while at the same time their companies are bleeding to

death..............That is not called Leadership and is more a "HURRAY FOR ME" and

my co-conspirators and "SCREW THE FUTURE" of the Company and the hard working

honest play by the rules workers???????????????

Co-conspirators, "play by the rules workers",

We all work, an play by the rules,(and hopefully) will keep our jobs.

Conspirators ?? Your not hearing voices :talkhand: from your refrigerator, land mower, etc. telling you :talkhand: that there is conspiracy against you?

SCREW THE FUTURE??

I mean, you won, everything should be Perfect now,

Everyone should be back to work, Obama the Savior, :superhero: should be raining down, Manna and Quail from Heaven. :angel:

Have you, Picked out your free home, :spend: your free food, :spend: your free Obama is the 'Savior' T-Shirt? :spend: Money :spend: should be flowing to you, and your left wing buddies.The war in Iraq should be over. Guantánamo Bay, should already be closed. I mean , come-on, what's up , with your Obama, building a Basket Ball court in the White House. Michelle is spending, Millions of dollars re-decorating the White House. I hope all the poor are clothed and fed before Obama :superhero: starts playing Basket Ball in the White House. What's up with, Obama's appointee's, got some Tax problems ??what's up with that?? I mean , where's the Integrity, where's the "Savior Obama" Honesty and accountability?? in Government.

Now, Post something, 'Cute-zee', but please, Get a job, an stop living on welfare, and stop sponging off others. Since you, and all the Lefties control the Government, when can we see some results from your Perfect candidate, for the :spend: 3.5 TRILLION Dollars of Debt. your 'Gang' just, pilfered, from our childrens future. Now that the Lefties :bag: have, seized" control of Congress, we'll have to, just wait and see???? :sos::titanic:

Conspirators ?? Your not hearing voices :talkhand: from your refrigerator, land mower, etc. telling you :talkhand: that there is conspiracy against you?

SCREW THE FUTURE??

Everyone should be back to work, Obama the Savior, :superhero: should be raining down, Manna and Quail from Heaven. :angel:

Have you, Picked out your free home, :spend: your free food, :spend: your free Obama is the 'Savior' T-Shirt? :spend: Money :spend: should be flowing to you, and your left wing buddies.The war in Iraq should be over. Guantánamo Bay, should already be closed. I mean , come-on, what's up , with your Obama, building a Basket Ball court in the White House. Michelle is spending, Millions of dollars re-decorating the White House. I hope all the poor are clothed and fed before Obama :superhero: starts playing Basket Ball in the White House. What's up with, Obama's appointee's, got some Tax problems ??what's up with that?? I mean , where's the Integrity, where's the "Savior Obama" Honesty and accountability?? in Government.

Now, Post something, 'Cute-zee', but please, Get a job, an stop living on welfare, and stop sponging off others. Since you, and all the Lefties control the Government, when can we see some results from your Perfect candidate, for the :spend: 3.5 TRILLION Dollars of Debt. your 'Gang' just, pilfered, from our childrens future. Now that the Lefties :bag: have, seized" control of Congress, we'll have to, just wait and see???? :sos::titanic:

WOW!!! :lurk:

By the way - you left out the fact that Obama told America to sacrifice and turn down their thermostats, then he turned up the thermostats in the white house to 72 degrees so he could wear his hawaiian shirts.

WOW!!! :lurk:

By the way - you left out the fact that Obama told America to sacrifice and turn down their thermostats, then he turned up the thermostats in the white house to 72 degrees so he could wear his hawaiian shirts.

Typical Democrat. "Do as I say not as I do". Funny thing is that George W. Bush's house in Crawford is one of the most environmentally friendy and energy efficient homes in the country. I read an article about the house and it was pretty impressive. On the other hand, Al Gore's house is massive and uses tons of electricity. The Dems are just hypocrites and always have been.

I believe many companies are laying off internationaly. Not just in the US

I was just courious, as when Microsoft and other Large Companies post Layoffs of 3000, 5000, 10000, etc....... how many of those people are "Over Seas" or do they Lay Off the USA Workers first because they are Paid higher wages. They said over 300,000 People lost their Jobssince 2008 and was wandering how many of those were "Over seas" Jobs.

I don't think so: Bush stole the election, Bush is Hitler, Impeach Bush, Illegal Bush War, Bush is a Moron, Bush went to war for OIL, Bush raised my taxes, and the list goes on.

But that was just stating "FACTS"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

SCREW THE FUTURE??

I can see that being a "PARANOID DITTO HEAD" is consuming your "HAPPINESS"!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

And I am proud to say I have never collected Gov. Assistance and hope I never will need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Utah, we cut sales tax on food items several years ago to 3% from 6.25%. There was a proposal to drop it completely. Why tax a necessity?? :nonono:

Now that our state revenues are dropping like crazy, our legislature wants to increase the food tax again :banghead: We're not buying cars and big ticket items so raising food sales taxes will certainly make people want to go out and buy more. :censored: Nothing like kicking the people when they're down :headscratch::cry:

Enough of that, down to the serious stuff. I am planning my semi annual Vegas road trip sometime in June and again over Halloween. :spend: My last Vegas trip in November for the Shelby museum re-opening :happy feet: was such a success it wll be hard to top but we'll try. I did put $10 in a nickle slot and win $136. I proceeded to leave most of that at the Corner Cafe and Museum Gift Shop.

I received a copy of the northern Utah cruise and car show schedule for this season, starting on April 1st. I'll be sure to attend a bunch of those and supporting the Sonic, strip mall or local drive in or pizza place.

It seems to me if Obama really wants to end this recession, give the money directly to the people, not big companies. We'll spend it. We don't have CEOs or stock holders. We just have wives, girlfriends and teenagers. Problem solved.

Archived