TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford ESP

gordyk

it looks like i can buy 7 years, 36,000 miles of bumper to bumper coverage for under $700 on my 08 GT500 thru Ford ESP. I put about 4000 miles a year on so I should not put over 36,000 miles on it. What is everyones opinion on this? Any of you guys purchasing this? It seems like a real good deal. Does anyone have prior experience with ESP and how good is there coverage? I haven't called to ask but i do not see, on there web site, that there is any exclusions because it is a GT500 and not a regular Mustang GT. What do you think???

I bought the plan for my 2007 Mustang GT500. It was about $1000.00 Canadian.

New model, lots of HP, thinking something might go in the next few years. Is their anything that be replaced out of warrenty on this car at a dealership for less than a grand! :hysterical:

:shift::peelout:

I bought the plan for my 2007 Mustang GT500. It was about $1000.00 Canadian.

New model, lots of HP, thinking something might go in the next few years. Is their anything that be replaced out of warrenty on this car at a dealership for less than a grand! :hysterical:

:shift::peelout:

just what i was thinking. Probably a no brainer since i am planning on keeping it for at least seven years.

I purchased the 7-year/36000-mi ESP when I picked up my 09 coupe this past November. I plan on keeping the car for a long time and will only put 2 - 4 thousand miles on it per year. My dealer said he would always honor the warranty if I add Ford mods to the car. I think I got a good deal with all this, and also bought FRPP GTA axel-backs and FRPP short throw shifter when I picked up the car. I think the ESP was $700 well spent.

Which ESP are you looking at

Premium is the best and the only one I suggest you buy. Its covers over 500 things.

I was looking at the ESP book the other day at it says that Super Snakes are NOT covered!!! They actually printed Super Snake!!

MM

So MM, do you know which of the Ford ESP plans cover the clutch TSB if the problem arises after the regular warranty runs out? For the amount I drive my car, this is really only my concern looking forward into the future.

QSS

Can any dealer sell these plans? If so maybe someone can put a group buy together :shrug:

That was going to be my question. Coming from a string of GM products, any dealer could sell the GMPP warranty and over on corvette.com we used to have a couple of forum sponsoring dealers that would put together SMOKING deals on the extended warranty.

Anyone here? Can you do that with the Ford ESP or whatever it's called?

That was going to be my question. Coming from a string of GM products, any dealer could sell the GMPP warranty and over on corvette.com we used to have a couple of forum sponsoring dealers that would put together SMOKING deals on the extended warranty.

Anyone here? Can you do that with the Ford ESP or whatever it's called?

I can do them. I have sold a few on here already. Let me find a link to the ESP and yall decided which is best.

MM

OK heres a GREAT link. This will tell you MSRP of the ESP plan you want. After you put in the info of your car it will give you a quote. At the bottom it tells you about each plan!!!

Again look at the Premium. Its the best and covers the most. Its not much more expensive but well worth it.

I dont think CLUTHS are covered because they are considered a wear item. (like brakes and tires) Im going to do some homework on that now.

Tell me which plan yall decided and then I can tell you cost

MM

LOL forgot to add link

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/?source=adwords2

:hysterical:

My Dealer wanted "2500" for the "ESP" when I baught my car......."TAKE A HIKE" on that one......... :doh:

Yea dealers can ASK pretty much anything they want for them. Thats why I gave the website. It will tell you MSRP and then I can tell them cost. If they are interested I can finish up everything online.

MM

Just punched in the info for the 7year Premium 36000 mile plan "0" deductable and first day upgrade

rental coverage and the total came to $1120.00..........See if we can beat that with group rate???????

Just sent you a PM. The cost on the ESP you want is $920

MM

Thank's;

Thats great if Ford will own up on the Flyweel/Clutch/Transmission TSB under this coverage???????

Would be the right thing to do??????

Thank's;

Thats great if Ford will own up on the Flyweel/Clutch/Transmission TSB under this coverage???????

Would be the right thing to do??????

So I would like to confirm.......there is NO plan available that will cover the Flywheel/Clutch/Transmission TSB?

QSS

So I would like to confirm.......there is NO plan available that will cover the Flywheel/Clutch/Transmission TSB?

QSS

If you read the list of items covered under the Premium plan they cover the flywheel and transmission. They do not say anything about the clutch. My guess is that something would have to fail before they take action.

Hey guys I bought my 2008 GT500 on december 20th 2008. I wanted to buy the extended warrenty but the dealer wanted over 2500 for the 100,000 mile premium. I just priced it on the link provided and it was only 1380.00 thats a deal! I plan on buying it before the first year is up!

I only have 546 mile on my GT500 its winter! but plan on 4,000 miles a year. Lets do a group buy do we get a better deal that way?

Jason

2008 GT500 Torchred White stripes

HID, NAV, AMBIENT LIGHTING, GT500 TRIM PACKAGE, RED INTERIOR!

Im going to make sure that the flywheel is covered. Im thinking the clutch isnt. They will say its a wear item like brakes and tires, but if the flywheel makes the clutch bad then Ford would cover it

MM

If and when my clutch fails under Warranty, my argument will be the low miles on my car and

the fact that the "TSB" addreses a known (Engineering/Parts) problem with the Clutch/Flyweel...............

Thank's, Dave T.

Im going to make sure that the flywheel is covered. Im thinking the clutch isnt. They will say its a wear item like brakes and tires, but if the flywheel makes the clutch bad then Ford would cover it

MM

So MM, can you do up extended warranty for a car that was shipped to Texas but is now owned by me up here in Alberta, Canada? Also would the insurance be valid anywhere in North America?

Thanks

QSS

MM:

Can I buy the ESP for the GT-500 I bought through you last summer?

If so, what is the cost and the coverage?

Which ESP are you looking at

Premium is the best and the only one I suggest you buy. Its covers over 500 things.

I was looking at the ESP book the other day at it says that Super Snakes are NOT covered!!! They actually printed Super Snake!!

MM

it looks like i can buy 7 years, 36,000 miles of bumper to bumper coverage for under $700 on my 08 GT500 thru Ford ESP. I put about 4000 miles a year on so I should not put over 36,000 miles on it. What is everyones opinion on this? Any of you guys purchasing this? It seems like a real good deal. Does anyone have prior experience with ESP and how good is there coverage? I haven't called to ask but i do not see, on there web site, that there is any exclusions because it is a GT500 and not a regular Mustang GT. What do you think???

Bought my PremiumCARE at my selling dealer. 5 year....36,000....$100 deductible for $490. Got a quote from a Ford dealer in Ohio and my dealer matched it! :happy feet:

PM me your info

year, model and miles

Which plan you want EX. 36,48,60,72 and miles 36,48,60,72,100K

And I will give you what cost is.

MM

Michael. I would be interested in 7 year 60,000 miles premium care with $100 deductable. I would be glad to buy from you. PM me with cost and a phone number and lets set it up. 2008 gt 500 3200 miles bought late May 2008. Thanks Mike

Archived