TEAM SHELBY FORUM

battery cable

I have been asked to display my 07 SGT in an indoor car show at the end of March. The Expo Center has a few rules regarding display cars for insurance reasons. One is 1/4 tank of gas or less, which I fully understand.

My concern lies with the rule where you have to disconnect your positive battery terminal, in my case for 4 days. Will this cause any computer problems or programming issues when I hook it back up? Granted I'll have to re set the radio and clock but I'm worried about anything else that might be messed up. :headscratch:

I figure you guys might know more about these new fangled gizmos than me

ERIK

My Negative cable gets removed during storage each year. So far of the 6+ S197's stored at my buddies shop each winter, we have yet to have a dead battery at the end of the winter.

Make sure you keep the drivers door open when you disconnect the battery so the window remains in the open door mode (slighlty lower).

Why is that?

Top of the window nests into a track to make sure it is sealed. Door will be difficult to open should you need to get in the car. Forcing the door open could damage the seal. Damaged seals will leak or create wind noise when tooling down the road at your favorite speed (xxx mph).

DrKSGT

Archived