TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Reputable GT500 tech's in New Jersey

QuadRacer041

http://www.difeoford.com/index.htm

Before I learned that I had the new flywheel, etc., I talked to these guys about doing the TSB. They are in Jersey City off 440. Travis posts a lot on www.svtsnake.com and perhaps modular fords. Good luck.

I havent heard of any other dealerships in Jersey with TSB experience. My tech didnt even know about the TSB when I talked to him about it in December.

I have had work done at Magarino Ford in Sussex (up Rt 23). I got my car there and they have been great. They did the TSB on mine and did a great job, no problems so far. It took longer than the allocated time Ford allows and I think Ford would not cover the difference. This being said, I do not know how anxious they are to do another one. A friend of mine had his Ford GT worked on by them also and was very pleased.

I have had work done at Magarino Ford in Sussex (up Rt 23). I got my car there and they have been great. They did the TSB on mine and did a great job, no problems so far. It took longer than the allocated time Ford allows and I think Ford would not cover the difference. This being said, I do not know how anxious they are to do another one. A friend of mine had his Ford GT worked on by them also and was very pleased.

Thats good, I am in Oakland so I am not that far from Sussex, bout 20-30 minutes tops. How were they are far as agreeing to do the TSB? Did your car have major issue's with this TSB or were your symtoms minor. My car is just starting to show signs of shutting when starting off from a stop but want to get the new parts installed before I am out of warrenty.

I have not had any service as yet and I bought my '09 in PA...but I will likely vet the guys at Freehold Ford, which is close to me and at which I bought other vehicles over the past few years. They have sold a fair number of GT500s (and a few GTs) locally, so must have some experience. I am almost due to get a first oil change, so I will be going in and talking to the service guys to see what I think.

Man thats it? Was hoping to get more posative responce's.

I can help you out and tell you where not to go. Stay away from All American in Hackensack. When I brought mine in for the clutch TSB, Jason the service manager wanted to know why I hadn't rotated the tires. When I asked him how much he knew about the GT 500, he said, "What's there to know, it's just another Mustang". He never heard of the clutch TSB, and when I brought a copy in for him, he refused to look at it. He didn't want to work on the car because I didn't buy it there. I guess when you're willing to pay $10,000 over MSRP, it buys you service privileges.

I don't know about their other dealership on Rt 17 that USBlueStage2 recomended.

Thats good, I am in Oakland so I am not that far from Sussex, bout 20-30 minutes tops. How were they are far as agreeing to do the TSB? Did your car have major issue's with this TSB or were your symtoms minor. My car is just starting to show signs of shutting when starting off from a stop but want to get the new parts installed before I am out of warrenty.

Your symtoms will most likely have to be major before they will do anything.

I work in Franklin Lakes so I drive though Oakland every day. Have you ever done the Wyckoff cruise night?

Archived