TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool Car Pictures from Ferrari Get together

SGT/SC#0471

Seattle. I got to see 2 collections I had not seen before the big garage I had been into a few times. Unbelievable cars. Many of them in the big shop are still raced on the vintage circut.

It's a very kool collecion of exotics. Neat that its in Seattle, I am guessing its up on capital hill. I have seen some kool stuff in some old basements down there before. Have you ever been to the LaMay museum in Spanaway? He had a very large collection of old iron, cars, tractors, trucks, lots ofs tuff, even has a Tucker. They open up to the public the 1st weekend in August every year. If you have never been, its worth a trip down to see.

It's a very kool collecion of exotics. Neat that its in Seattle, I am guessing its up on capital hill. I have seen some kool stuff in some old basements down there before. Have you ever been to the LaMay museum in Spanaway? He had a very large collection of old iron, cars, tractors, trucks, lots ofs tuff, even has a Tucker. They open up to the public the 1st weekend in August every year. If you have never been, its worth a trip down to see.

I have not seen it, are they still building the Museum for LeMay.? I know that Kieth Martin of Sports Car Market Magazine fame was on the LeMay board. And that they were taking donations...to build the stadium sized building for his cars. I have heard that LeMay bought everything sometimes not caring what condition it was in or the size of the engine, like a 69 6 cylinder Camaro for example. Seattle truly has some insane car collections. The largest private collector of Ferrari in the world lives around here and I have seen that collection on the east side. A Ferrari F-1 car up close is like the space shuttle....I still get shivers thinking of how cool that car was. Insane.

Gotta love the real Cobras and there was even a new GT500 in the mix at the places I went into last weekend. I had a Ferrari mechanic tell me that he really dug on the SGT. It was funny as I was parked for awhile between a new Alfa 8c and a 550 Marenello and a row of 328's and a Dino. Car guys are car guys pretty cool.

I have not seen it, are they still building the Museum for LeMay.? I know that Kieth Martin of Sports Car Market Magazine fame was on the LeMay board. And that they were taking donations...to build the stadium sized building for his cars. I have heard that LeMay bought everything sometimes not caring what condition it was in or the size of the engine, like a 69 6 cylinder Camaro for example. Seattle truly has some insane car collections. The largest private collector of Ferrari in the world lives around here and I have seen that collection on the east side. A Ferrari F-1 car up close is like the space shuttle....I still get shivers thinking of how cool that car was. Insane.

Gotta love the real Cobras and there was even a new GT500 in the mix at the places I went into last weekend. I had a Ferrari mechanic tell me that he really dug on the SGT. It was funny as I was parked for awhile between a new Alfa 8c and a 550 Marenello and a row of 328's and a Dino. Car guys are car guys pretty cool.

I am not sure if they ever got enough money together. Most of his collection is at the old Marymoore school, tucked into every nook and cranny, the rst is at his house in Spanaway (behind the LeMay garbage company). You are right, he was a prolific buyer. Bought just about every kind of collector car known to man regardless of condition. I met him one at the Moroe swap meet, he bought a freinds 49 Merc custom. The car looked great, but if he knew what layed under the paint, he might have though twice.

Car guys are car guys, we all have the same passion for cars, all kinds of cars, some guys just a little more money to put into the hobby than most of us.

I am not sure if they ever got enough money together. Most of his collection is at the old Marymoore school, tucked into every nook and cranny, the rst is at his house in Spanaway (behind the LeMay garbage company). You are right, he was a prolific buyer. Bought just about every kind of collector car known to man regardless of condition. I met him one at the Moroe swap meet, he bought a freinds 49 Merc custom. The car looked great, but if he knew what layed under the paint, he might have though twice.

Car guys are car guys, we all have the same passion for cars, all kinds of cars, some guys just a little more money to put into the hobby than most of us.

Yep. Are you around Seattle?

South Snohomish county, Lake Stevens, but do alot of work in Seattle.

There are 3 or 4 other TS members that are around Seattle, we should all hook up sometime...Maybe if they open up the LeMay collection this August we could all make a run of it that would be cool.

There are 3 or 4 other TS members that are around Seattle, we should all hook up sometime...Maybe if they open up the LeMay collection this August we could all make a run of it that would be cool.

Yea, sounds like fun. Lets stay in touch and see if it works out. My car is in the SS schedule at SAI, they say 60-90 days and around 5 weeks to complete, so I may be without the stang in July August, but I can always drive my 40 Chev.

Another fun drive once the weather clears is over HWY 2 to Wenatchee. I have a house on the River north of town, during the summer and fall it is a great drive.

talk with you again soon.

Yea, sounds like fun. Lets stay in touch and see if it works out. My car is in the SS schedule at SAI, they say 60-90 days and around 5 weeks to complete, so I may be without the stang in July August, but I can always drive my 40 Chev.

Another fun drive once the weather clears is over HWY 2 to Wenatchee. I have a house on the River north of town, during the summer and fall it is a great drive.

talk with you again soon.

Sounds great PM me anytime, I'd like to see your '40, I have a 56 Chev project I hope to finish one day... haha got to love them all...

Thanks for sharing the photos but next time PLEASE bring a camera, not your phone! :D

:hysterical: haha I know, it was all I had...glad you guys dug the pics...It is a hard amount of cars to understand I went to 3 collections and saw about 150 cars all with different stories and wow...still finding the 2 original Cobras one behind the other awesome....Thanks for looking guys...my wife cannot comprehend what I was talking about but I knew you guys could dig it! :happy feet:

Archived