TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton pulled for 2007-2009 Mustang

Edelbrock it is. Thanks for the info.

Ken

I wonder if it is for a Novi 1200 only, b/c I got three quotes today from local dealers for Novi 2200 with custom tune and said they would have my car done in 10 days. I have not heard from Bud either, b/c I was in the middle of a quote with him also. Tomorrow will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

My understanding was that Paxton couldn't get their EO for either model. I've been on the list for a few months now for the 2200 for my 08SGT.

Any clarification is much appreciated.

Ken

Clarification would be great b/c I sat at a local dealer today as he called his Paxton distributor and none of this was brought up as they did the quote. Three different dealers told me today Novi 2200 was the way to go and all quoted within $200 of what it would cost to get a Novi 1200 from Shelby or Quantum. I thought I was within 48 hours of scheduling my car somewhere for a S/C addition....now I have to see. I wonder if it matters if you do a custom tune?

If that's true, the Paxton powered Shelby GT/SC's will be rare cars for sure! I was hoping to add the Paxton to mine someday; maybe they'll come back.

If that's true, the Paxton powered Shelby GT/SC's will be rare cars for sure! I was hoping to add the Paxton to mine someday; maybe they'll come back.

I just wrote to Paxton to see what the deal is. I do not know of anyone that has a Paxton on their 08 seems like everyone has been waiting.

I just wrote to Paxton to see what the deal is. I do not know of anyone that has a Paxton on their 08 seems like everyone has been waiting.

Yeah that's true. I know that SAI hasn't done any 08 Paxton's yet. Maybe someone did a local install?

There are a few 07's with the Paxton though.

Ken

I heard awhile back that Paxton 1200 was going to lose the CARB approval for the 2007s just like they didn't get it for the 2008s. From what I was told is that the 2007s shouldn't have passed originally but did because of a CARB mistake. Since it was CARB mistake they were not going to punish installers or owners. However, they were not to be installed on any more cars. If I remember correctly it had something to do with some sort of paper filter in the stock Mustang air box. I didn't post what I had heard because I didn't have any corroboration.

Speaking of Rare Paxton Shelby GT/SCs. There are very few 2008 Shelby GT/SC with a Paxton already installed. Galpin Auto Sport did one that Paxton used for advertisements but as far as I know it has never sold. I think one was done by Tasca for a European owner. Those are the only ones I know of.

Just accessed the Paxton web site and they are still advertizing for the 2007 Mustang and claiming 50 state legal.

So if that is the case, can we not get a NOVI or Paxton if we do not live in CA or a state that is strict??? (for us that want it but are on hold) I am going to order one tomorrow for grins from my local dealer and see what they say, since I was going to do it this week anyway.

This is what Paxton says "Standard and High-Output systems are 50-state smog legal (for 2007 vehicles only) under CARB EO# D-195-21" but advertise both systems for 2007 and 2008 models on their website.

Bud just wrote me and said "As far as I know, it has not been pulled. They are still waiting on getting them certified. I heard it should be sometime this year---I hope".

Maybe Quantum is mis-informed???

Is this only effecting MGT/SGT 4.6L 3V owners of 2007-2009 cars??? V8 only? OR does this also affect the V6???

If it's the V8's only - then this is going to decimate the sales of the CS8 Turn2 Kits unless you can substitute another Supercharger in place of the Paxton that is the only supercharger included in the Turn2 Kit.

This sorta kills my chances at building a CS8 with a '07 or newer Mustang GT unless I can find a 2005 or 2006 GT with really low miles and in unaltered/stock form.

Do you think that they will allow me to substitute fiesta potatoes instead of a hard shell taco and still call it the CS8 Turn2 ???

Trevor

Yeah that's true. I know that SAI hasn't done any 08 Paxton's yet. Maybe someone did a local install?

There are a few 07's with the Paxton though.

Ken

Interestingly enough, I have photos of my 2008 SGT at SAI with a Paxton on it. When I dropped it off on 01-13-08, SAI thought the CARB certification was just weeks away. My car was done by the end of the month. Eventually, Bud called and said the Paxton would have to be taken off and I would have to go with a Whipple or KB. He was kind enough to shoot some photos of my car with the Paxton so I could have some "if only it had worked out" photos for my collection. Sure looked nice with the Vista Blue car.

Jim

Received this as part of the reply from Bud @ SAI on Feb 9th, regarding installing a SC on my 2007 SGT:

"As for a S/C, yes that is up to you :) If your car is a manual shift, you have a choice of 3 (well, 2. We are still waiting on the EO’s for the Paxton’s). "

However, the attached list of mods available for the SGT did include the Paxton. :headscratch:

Also, the Paxton is still listed on the Shelby Performance Parts web site for the 2007 V8.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...percharger.aspx

Lg

Bud just wrote me and said "As far as I know, it has not been pulled. They are still waiting on getting them certified. I heard it should be sometime this year---I hope".

Maybe Quantum is mis-informed???

Received this as part of the reply from Bud @ SAI on Feb 9th, regarding installing a SC on my 2007 SGT:

"As for a S/C, yes that is up to you :) If your car is a manual shift, you have a choice of 3 (well, 2. We are still waiting on the EO’s for the Paxton’s). "

However, the attached list of mods available for the SGT did include the Paxton. :headscratch:

Lg

Hi all,

Yes, I did say we were still waiting on the EO's from Paxton. And yes, we were also told that we could not install anymore on the 07's. These are for the V8's only!!!!! The V6 ones are still ok and still can be used up to 09--I believe. I have not heard anything about Paxton pulling them. I will try to find out more today and let you know.

And the "list" of mods I send out still has the the Paxton listed on it. It is just a spreadsheet that I made. By not pulling the Paxton off the list, I guess I am hoping that they will be certified soon---we can all have a dream :)

Bud

Hi all,

This is a copy of the spreadsheet I send out when asked about mods. And yes, you will see that Paxton is still on it. Just because I can not offer it at this time doesn't mean that it will never be offered again. Its just a waiting game now. And I am hoping that when they do become certified, the prices stay the same too.

Bud

Available Installed Options for a 2007-2008 Shelby GT

Shelby/Kenne Bell Super Charger (Polished) 8,500.00

Shelby/Kenne Bell Super Charger (Black) 8,000.00

Paxton Super Charger(Satin) 6,195.00

Paxton Super Charger(Polished) 6,395.00

Ford Racing/Whipple Supercharger 8,895.00 New price as of 8/27/08

Ford Racing/Whipple Supercharger(Polished) 9,195.00 New price as of 8/27/08

Shelby/ BAER Big Brakes 2,400.00

Shelby/ BAER EXTREME Brakes 4,200.00

20" Shelby Razors w/Tires 2,175.00

Shelby Brake Duct Kit 499.00