TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Considering a new GT500...again!

Seahorse

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to some nicer weather to get out and enjoy it!

Congrats!!! You are going to love this car...let the mods begin!!!

The dealer I bought it from is a fairly large one and has sold quite a few Shelby's since they came out. This one they loaded up with a bunch of aftermarket stuff, and so I'm starting off ahead of the curve already - car has FRPP lowering springs, Steed cold air kit/SCT tuner, light bar, Magnaflow exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting right now *L*. I got all that for free along with a nice reduction off MSRP :) .

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to some nicer weather to get out and enjoy it!

The dealer I bought it from is a fairly large one and has sold quite a few Shelby's since they came out. This one they loaded up with a bunch of aftermarket stuff, and so I'm starting off ahead of the curve already - car has FRPP lowering springs, Steed cold air kit/SCT tuner, light bar, Magnaflow exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting right now *L*. I got all that for free along with a nice reduction off MSRP :) .

Did you research the build date before you bought?

Thanks again everyone, leaving shortly to go drive it home - fortunately it's a beautiful sunny day, if still on the cool side.

Did you research the build date before you bought?

Yup, it's a July build, so it's got the old gear in there. But had a good discussion with the dealer folks and first hint of any trouble they said just bring it in and they'll take care of it.

Yup, it's a July build, so it's got the old gear in there. But had a good discussion with the dealer folks and first hint of any trouble they said just bring it in and they'll take care of it.

Just to clairify for you. It's not a "old gear".

Here is my Flywheel installation thread that has the TSB in the first post and pic's of the old and new flywheel.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=497635

Well took delivery earlier today, and planned on just driving it home to put it away again until spring arrives to stay. Best laid plans of mice and men as the saying goes LOL! The car is intoxicating, I just could not put it away - power everywhere and that beautiful exhaust note and blower whine just left me wanting more and more. I'm sure I'll figure out the stereo system at some point, didn't bother today! She is put away again now though, and it's going to be a long long wait til she's back on the road to stay...

Some crappy first day pics:

Feb_075.jpg

Feb_061.jpg

Feb_063.jpg

Feb_059.jpg

Feb_073.jpg

Feb_074.jpg

Very cool! Back when I was a wee lad (and that really was a LONG time ago--especially the "wee" part) a fella told me anything above 50 degrees and sunshine was top down weather. I believed him and glad to see you do the same! Beautiful car, I'm glad you got it. Thanks for sharing her with us!

Enjoy!

Very cool! Back when I was a wee lad (and that really was a LONG time ago--especially the "wee" part) a fella told me anything above 50 degrees and sunshine was top down weather. I believed him and glad to see you do the same! Beautiful car, I'm glad you got it. Thanks for sharing her with us!

Enjoy!

+1 If it is above 50, the top is down. That is my rule too!!

nice ride! my 09 is black covrt loaded w/o nav and stripe delete(I ordered it)its a fun drive;my 69 500

is brutal my 03 SVT Cobra vert is still our ride of choice.The 500 is the "nine testicaled beast" not unlike my 427 Kirkham Cobra;you got a pissin' contest,lets get it!!!

Nice car,enjoy it!

Black is the fastest color.

Doc Scott

Enjoy!

+1 If it is above 50, the top is down. That is my rule too!!

Actually it was about 35* here yesterday...but that's a GOOD day here for Feb LOL. Back to snow and rain today *sigh*...

nice ride! my 09 is black covrt loaded w/o nav and stripe delete(I ordered it)its a fun drive;my 69 500

is brutal my 03 SVT Cobra vert is still our ride of choice.The 500 is the "nine testicaled beast" not unlike my 427 Kirkham Cobra;you got a pissin' contest,lets get it!!!

Nice car,enjoy it!

Black is the fastest color.

Doc Scott

Great collection of cars you have there for sure!

I can't believe I bought another black car though...every one I've owned in the past, I SWORE I'd never get another. But I always did...and have again...there goes my sanity again too *L*.

Archived