TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS question

I bought new bands, sensors and brackets. I have not seen the stock bands, but I don't know why they couldn't be re-used. They're a simple clamp band (think hose clamp band). The brackets I would say "could" be used in that they only thing there is that there's a "sticky" tape which attaches them to the wheel. I see this as purely precautionary in the event the bands somehow become loose and the sensors don't move. All 3 components are available on Ebay and you can generally find a pretty good deal. If you wanted to save $$$ take them off your stock wheels, use some 3m 2-sided tape on the backside and you should be good to go.

PS - Don't forget to update your signature cos' you won't be "stock" anymore! ;)

When I changed mine out, I went without the TPMS. I will post pics tonight after work and SJ Sharks game to show you what they look like. I couldn't remove old ones and they did not have bands on them... I will post later.

Dan

PS - Don't forget to update your signature cos' you won't be "stock" anymore! ;)

I'm not stock anymore. I've added a few cosmetic changes over the winter:

Agent 47 grille with GT foglights, Agent 47 brake cooling ducts, Silverhorse quarter window louvers, sequential tail lights, billet hood pins, home made lowr grille :drool: Probably a couple other small things that I can't remember right now.

I haven't updated my sig 'cause the wife is on vacation and she took BOTH digital cameras :doh:

I bought new bands, sensors and brackets. I have not seen the stock bands, but I don't know why they couldn't be re-used. They're a simple clamp band (think hose clamp band). The brackets I would say "could" be used in that they only thing there is that there's a "sticky" tape which attaches them to the wheel. I see this as purely precautionary in the event the bands somehow become loose and the sensors don't move. All 3 components are available on Ebay and you can generally find a pretty good deal. If you wanted to save $$$ take them off your stock wheels, use some 3m 2-sided tape on the backside and you should be good to go.

Maybe you can help me you seem to know ref these sensors. I bought a set of crome wheels from a fellow club member, sensors are on wheels do I have to take to dealer as they said or can I reset, and how?Next question do you know torque spec, these are stock rims from Blue SGT going on my Blk Thanks Bruce

Maybe you can help me you seem to know ref these sensors. I bought a set of crome wheels from a fellow club member, sensors are on wheels do I have to take to dealer as they said or can I reset, and how?Next question do you know torque spec, these are stock rims from Blue SGT going on my Blk Thanks Bruce

The TPMS sensors themselves use what is called "RFID" (Radio Frequency ID). The sensors constantly "broadcast" a signal which is picked up by the car monitoring the tire pressure.

You have to "train" your car to recognize the new sensors. You have a few options for this:

1. Take it to a dealer and they can re-program

2. Take it to a reputable tire store and they can do it (I recommend Firestone)

3. You can purchase a TPMS programmer from Steeda and do it yourself.

There's a key on/off sequence you must do to put the car in "learn" mode. Once in learn mode you go to each tire and activate the sensor. The sensor passes it's unique ID to the programming device which in turn sends that info to the car. The horn will honk once that tire has been programmed and on the dash it will tell you to go to the next tire. The rotation is left front/right front/right rear/left rear. The horn will blast after each succesful registry.

I'm looking for the instructions on line now I found them once before. Hope this helps.

The TPMS sensors themselves use what is called "RFID" (Radio Frequency ID). The sensors constantly "broadcast" a signal which is picked up by the car monitoring the tire pressure.

You have to "train" your car to recognize the new sensors. You have a few options for this:

1. Take it to a dealer and they can re-program

2. Take it to a reputable tire store and they can do it (I recommend Firestone)

3. You can purchase a TPMS programmer from Steeda and do it yourself.

There's a key on/off sequence you must do to put the car in "learn" mode. Once in learn mode you go to each tire and activate the sensor. The sensor passes it's unique ID to the programming device which in turn sends that info to the car. The horn will honk once that tire has been programmed and on the dash it will tell you to go to the next tire. The rotation is left front/right front/right rear/left rear. The horn will blast after each succesful registry.

I'm looking for the instructions on line now I found them once before. Hope this helps.

Try http://www.revolutionsupply.com/(S(pt0ouh4...55))/index.aspx. They have everything for TPMS. Also if you know someone with an '08 or later Ford Super Duty truck, they come with a TPMS training transmitter.

Archived