TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SS Head Rests / SS Faux gas cap cover

jwbeav

I posted this question under a separate topic and didn't get any responses so I thought I would pose the question under its own topic.

I received the e-mail and sent in my deposit for my SS conversion. In speaking with Doug and then in an e-mail from Bud it sounds like the old head rest covers which didn't match the seat color aren't being used any longer and they are going with new ones that are stitched or custom made. Is this true and if so does anyone have a picture of theirs?

Also, are the new faux gas cap covers that say "Super Snake" being placed on any of the recent conversions? I think there is a price for these but it is fairly inexpensive.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get the scheduling call from Cynthia...

I posted this question under a separate topic and didn't get any responses so I thought I would pose the question under its own topic.

I received the e-mail and sent in my deposit for my SS conversion. In speaking with Doug and then in an e-mail from Bud it sounds like the old head rest covers which didn't match the seat color aren't being used any longer and they are going with new ones that are stitched or custom made. Is this true and if so does anyone have a picture of theirs?

Also, are the new faux gas cap covers that say "Super Snake" being placed on any of the recent conversions? I think there is a price for these but it is fairly inexpensive.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get the scheduling call from Cynthia...

What car number are you im number 08277 and still waiting.

I just dropped off my car this weekend. I did not see the new faux gas cap but the Super Snakes I did see had the old faux gas cap removed. The Snakes I saw also had the new head rest, but I did not get any pictures.

Did you get a chance to see them up close and if so do they match the seats better?

I will e-mail Bud about the gas caps, he is pretty good at getting back to me.

I dont know if I want the gas cap or not. I kinda like the one thats on it. I will have to see what it looks like

MM

Michael,

How about the rear brakes are they out yet and do you know the cost?

Randal.

I spoke with Brian (SPP) two days ago, and he called Baer. The rear brake kits are in production but have not arrived yet. It sounds like they may be 1 month+ out.

Price, $3K+, it sounds like. Earlier discussions quoted closer to $4K. These would be the matching rear "Baer Extreme", to the front brakes, that are part of the Super Snake conversion.

R

I spoke with Brian (SPP) two days ago, and he called Baer. The rear brake kits are in production but have not arrived yet. It sounds like they may be 1 month+ out.

Price, $3K+, it sounds like. Earlier discussions quoted closer to $4K. These would be the matching rear "Baer Extreme", to the front brakes, that are part of the Super Snake conversion.

R

That sounds about right, but dont forget that you have to add labor. I think they told me close to 5K the first time I asked them.

MM

That sounds about right, but dont forget that you have to add labor. I think they told me close to 5K the first time I asked them.

MM

If I can pull the $$$ together, depending on the $$$ of course. I will buy the kit from SPP and installing it myself, to save labor cost since my car will be done and at my house by the time the rears are released.

At first it seemed like it may be a few hundred $$$ additional upgrade cost to have colored rear calipers added at the time of a Super Snake conversion. This does not appear to be the way it will be. The cost for the kit alone is more like a few thousand $$$............

R

I called Baer when I first heard they were working on these. I told them I would be the test mule and buy a set and see how everything worked out. Got to know the guy at Baer by voice. When I called he knew me. When they finally told me that they were about to start making them and they would let me order a set I was EXCITED. Then he told me almost 6K :cry: I cant pay!

They are nice guys, but I thought it was just buying the calipers. Its not! You have to buy new rotors and brackets and some other stuff. I just didnt know what I was getting into or I wouldnt have wasted Baers time

MM

Did you get a chance to see them up close and if so do they match the seats better?

I will e-mail Bud about the gas caps, he is pretty good at getting back to me.

The head rests look 10 times better than the covers, not wrinkeled like the covers and they match the seat material better.

I called Baer when I first heard they were working on these. I told them I would be the test mule and buy a set and see how everything worked out. Got to know the guy at Baer by voice. When I called he knew me. When they finally told me that they were about to start making them and they would let me order a set I was EXCITED. Then he told me almost 6K :cry: I cant pay!

They are nice guys, but I thought it was just buying the calipers. Its not! You have to buy new rotors and brackets and some other stuff. I just didnt know what I was getting into or I wouldnt have wasted Baers time

MM

I am with you Michael - too much money for me for what you get.

MM

Strange, I was called by Baer last month and was told the Shelby rear extreme brake kit was available and it was like $3800.00. I'm waitng for the Shelby Pro 6P rear brake kit. Should be $1000.00 cheaper.

Archived