TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Drag Racing pix

SVTregistry

I hope you guys enjoy these pix.

I was a bit late this year for JDM Day 2006 at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ

At least this time it wasn't postponed three times because of the rain, as a matter of fact the weather was absolutely perfect for drag racing.

I also wanted to drag race my car a couple of times before I sell it so I was only able to get a few shots of Marlon's car on one run. Again, hope you like

--Russ

marlon-3.jpg

marlon-2.jpg

marlon-8.jpg

marlon-4.jpg

marlon-5.jpg

marlon-6.jpg

marlon-7.jpg

marlon-11.jpg

post-7146-1162660334_thumb.jpg

post-7146-1162660346_thumb.jpg

post-7146-1162660334_thumb.jpg

post-7146-1162660346_thumb.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy these pix.

I was a bit late this year for JDM Day 2006 at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ

At least this time it wasn't postponed three times because of the rain, as a matter of fact the weather was absolutely perfect for drag racing.

I also wanted to drag race my car a couple of times before I sell it so I was only able to get a few shots of Marlon's car on one run. Again, hope you like

--Russ

marlon-3.jpg

marlon-2.jpg

marlon-8.jpg

marlon-4.jpg

marlon-5.jpg

marlon-6.jpg

marlon-7.jpg

marlon-11.jpg

Awesome pics, I own the exact same car, Red w/White. I am very interested in finding out how JDM Engineering (Jim) did on his runs, he is testing with gears, pulley, CAI, and exhaust, if you have that info could you please post. Thanks for now,

svtkeith

That ET isn't all that bad...hell he could work for Car & Driver. But, yes, traction was the issue I'd guess. Look how low the trap speed is.

bj

like I mentioned above I only shot one run, apparently not a good now at that but I won't make any excuses for what I shot

I am not sure what Jim D'Amore is doing to these cars, I've been busy lately but saw an invite to the track date so I came along and raced my car while taking some pix for Marlon (my site too)

JDM rents Englishtown Raceway Park for a day in October/November and everyone, including JDM customers and customers of their competitors as well are welcome to race their cars FREE of charge, so as you can imagine there were a lot of customers/non-customers there, not everyone had a Ford either.

I know Marlon posts on these boards so I let him post the details but I will mention that he did a mid 12 sec run on a previous run (before I got there) according to someone who was there, the car is right around 500 miles so its barely broken into, and yes, traction was an issue... even on my car I had trouble hooking up the second time I raced it and I have a N/A slow ass car.

--Russ

Off topic, but why do you still have the factory plastic covering the seats?

Its not my car its Marlon's.

Why, I don't know...

Probably because he doesn't drive it much.

He's also got a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra and a 2000 Lightning which he also ran at the strip that day.

The first car he registered on my site was a 2003 Sonic Cobra. I think he works for a Ford dealer.

--Russ

Archived