TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extended Warranty

pagerart

Has anyone out there purchased the Ford ESP plan? I have had my car for nearly two years and racked up less than 9000 miles. I have seen some pretty good deals to purchases the ESP online from a Ford dealer. A seven year premier warranty is only around $500 if the mileage is low. Any thoughts as to the cost/benefit? Even with light use things just start acting up over time.

Yes, we did. Maybe it was a waste but since we knew we weren't going to put many miles on the car and plan to keep it til we die, we went for it. I think the price you are talking is a good deal but I've nothing to compare it to except ours. We got seven years, 60,000 miles (although it may have been 72,000 miles - I'll have to look) for $900 something. We've had it seven months and it has 1,200 miles on it. I'm sure the average mileage will go up (since we retire in a few years). I'm also sure others will have varying opinions.

Warranty :headscratch: ... The way I see it, as the economy is going south most of these so extended warranty companies will try to come up with an excuse to not cover something with these high performance cars, I've seen it where a measly CAI and pulley change has cost a person their warranty and the problem was a computer going bad so just be careful. I'd rather spend the money on some type of mod and if something goes bad later on upgrade it with something bigger,better and stronger.

Archived