TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front license plate bracket

QuadRacer041

I need to take my Shelby for inspection, here in NJ I know you need to have a front license plate displayed. I see that some of the cars shown here on Team Shelby have front plates too. Can I just go to Ford and order a front plate bracket? Are the Gt brackets the same as the Shelby ones? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Your car should have come with a front bracket which requires you to drill two holes in the bumper which most of the owners do not do. There are several ways of attaching the plate without drilling holes in your bumper , there several after market brackets that attach to lower grill & one that can be slid under the front spoiler when need be. Search the forum under licence plate brackets there are several pictures of different brackets .Good Luck

I need to take my Shelby for inspection, here in NJ I know you need to have a front license plate displayed. I see that some of the cars shown here on Team Shelby have front plates too. Can I just go to Ford and order a front plate bracket? Are the Gt brackets the same as the Shelby ones? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Billet also makes a bracket that attaches underneath the front apron. The nice part is that you can take it on and off easily without putting any holes in the front bumper cover.

Billet also makes a bracket that attaches underneath the front apron. The nice part is that you can take it on and off easily without putting any holes in the front bumper cover.

Do you have a web site for them? Thanks.

Jim

trailerbuilders.com is one...

or you get 1/16" guage stainless from HD or Lowes, cut it to 12 x 12, measure down one side to 5.5" and put a 90 degree bend. After you bend, cut the excess off, and match drill holes for the plate (only mounted with bottom holes of plate. Then match bolt holes to under the splitter. Get a 3/4 good piece of foam to go between the bracket and splitter (i actually used a garden foam knee pad from HD)...and your good. cheap and works...

post-8639-1234322731_thumb.jpg

post-8639-1234322753_thumb.jpg

Here in MA we have the same problem. The station I went to let me pull up with the plate zip tied to the grill. Zip it on, pull up, pull out, cut the zip ties or get the ones that you can take apart again, and your done. See ya next year! You might want to ask if there is a problem with this before you pull in but the guy I went to watched me do it and didn't care at all.

Craig

I just put the one from trailerrebuilders.com on my NJ GT500....after I got a ticket. $70, but you get everything you need and it mounts easily.

I didn't think of that. You guys might need the plate on all the time. In MA we have an old plate just for the back, then they came out with a new plate for the FRONT and back. Nobody wants to give up the old single plate. So they don't look at the plates missing to hard around here.

Craig

I just put the one from trailerrebuilders.com on my NJ GT500....after I got a ticket. $70, but you get everything you need and it mounts easily.

yep that be the site. am using the same one, but the build i mentioned above i made for a friend. cheaper than $70, and only took an hour. same result.

bump...quadracer..i answered you on the other site...

(I posted this a couple of months ago on another Front plate posting)

Another option is a Flip-Down version of a Front License Plate Holder.

These run about $50 (manual version) and allow you to flip down the plate and slide it, under the front valence.

This company makes a Manual & Motorized version

Altec Show N Go License

Google Seach results "Show-n-Go-License"

Here in MA we have the same problem. The station I went to let me pull up with the plate zip tied to the grill. Zip it on, pull up, pull out, cut the zip ties or get the ones that you can take apart again, and your done. See ya next year! You might want to ask if there is a problem with this before you pull in but the guy I went to watched me do it and didn't care at all.

Craig

California requires a front plate but like others I'm not drilling my front bumper for nobody. Luckily its a fix-it ticket with no fine so if you get a ticket all you do is ty wrap the plate to the front of the car, get the ticket signed off and then take the plate back off.

Unfortuneatly due to 9/11 you will get pulled over for no front plate at certain places like the airports. So you'll need to keep the plate in the trunk with some spare ty wraps.

Steve

Archived