TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An excellent read for those who want to really learn

Hmmm. Interesting read. Since history is written by the winners the truth may never fully come to light. I believe the "political correctness" and social conditioning of the time had factors toward attitudes as well including Lincoln.

Regardless of personal or political reasons, our nation would not have survived if slavery continued. Even though it was torn completely apart the end result was eventually greater than the start. Had it not of happened and we remained separate entities we could all possibly be speaking German right now.

Of course now we live in a time of hyphenated Americans with no unity or solidarity threatening to implode from within so hopefully what was accomplished 100 years ago will not soon be undone.

I don't think slavery should EVER have been implemented.

Many people think Lincoln was the epitome of an anti-slavery advocate, and he wasn't. Time and public education has painted him otherwise. This article was written by a black writer who has his eyes wide open, and I think that's great!

Very good read.

"So which was the real Lincoln, the benevolent countenance hanging on the walls of black people’s homes, the Man Who Freed the Slaves, or this man whom Du Bois was quoting, who seemed to hate black people?"

I see nothing that said he hated black people.

edit*** never mind

Archived