TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruise to Lake San Antonio, Monterey County CA

HARALD KELLEY

Hello all Central Coast and Bay Area TS Shelby members

A local group called Central Coast Cobras are planning a cruise to Lake San Antonio near King City in Monterey County CA on March 28, 2009. They have a BB-Q and encourage all car groups/clubs, Shelbys, muscle cars etc. to participate. A couple of corvette clubs may be coming.

The BB-Q is $5.00 and the park entrance fee is $6.00, normaly $8.00. It was reduced for this event participants. Food, ussually hamburgers/hot dogs, salad, drinks all you can eat. We will be going to South Shore. Nice paved parking overlooking the lake. Last year it almost reached 80 degrees. They will have a photographer taking pictures.

I will be meeting with the Central Coast Cobra guys in our area at Salinas Airport and then travel down to the lake.

I am asking if there is anyone intersted in coming to let me know. I told the group that I would try to get a group of TS Shelby members to attend.

This may be a great opprotunity for all of us to meet. I will need to know a count by March 15, 2009 so they can plan the food.

I am also hoping to get those who cruised down to LA/Vegas Bash (Cali KR, MMcGuirk, Shelby Tom, 07sgt4578, ShelbyGT4778, SGT4843) to consider.

Please share this and let me know if you are interested. My wife will also go as this is a family event.

Harold ,

This sounds like fun except that I will probably be at the Good Guys Show in Pleasanton with the California Mustang Club. :doh: We usually show between 20-35 cars.

I was going to see if you, Tom & Rob wanted to join us. :drool:

After having said that, I might go with you on Saturday to the BBQ and the show on Sunday.

Tom & Michael, thanks for considering. I will check in at the end of the month. Please pass on.

Sure sounds like a fun time!! You West COAST guys have all the fun!! :cry:

Now if you want some real excitement, we've got some wet, cold, white stuff we'll share??? :drool:

Sure sounds like a fun time!! You West COAST guys have all the fun!! :cry:

Now if you want some real excitement, we've got some wet, cold, white stuff we'll share??? :drool:

I know get out the violins.... it has been raining non-stop, between 3 and 10 inches of rain here locally, snow down to 4000 feet, 4' of snow on I 5 at Mt Shasta, the Grapevine closed due to snow in SoCal.

Oh well, the forecast calls for sun and 60's tomorrow. I think I will wash my car B)

Hey Art, you and Bev are welcome to join us. The snow will disapear soon.

Boy, I sure wish we could!!

So Harald are you going to have the SuperCharger installed by then?!

Boy, I sure wish we could!!

So Harald are you going to have the SuperCharger installed by then?!

Still trying to figure out what I am going to do. I wish I knew how the Paxton worked on the auto trans. If it worked good for a street car, I think I would go that route just to keep the heritige with the GTH. I do want to keep the strut brace. Who knows, no rush.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we are in March, Central Coast Cobra's is having their 2nd Annual Lake San Antonio Cruise and BBQ on Saturday March 28, 2009. The lake is near King City in Monterey County.

This event is open to all muscle cars, hot rods and sport cars. Cost for park entrance is $6.00 dollars and cost for BBQ is $5.00

For those who will come from north of the lake, we will meet at the Salinas Airport between 9:30 and 10:00 am

Those south of the lake will meet at Park & Ride in Atascadero at the Curbaril Exit off Highway 101 between 10:00 am and 10:30

If you would like to go, please let me know on this thread. I will RSVP for all of us TS members about a week out around the 20th. This would be a great opprotunity meet some TS members and have a showing of Shelbys. In addition, last year when I went, great group of people and it was cool seeing all the cobras and other mustangs cruising down 101.

They had picnic tables set up in the parking lot overlooking the lake. Very nice venue. They will also have a photographer

Feel free to check out their site and flyer. centralcoastcobras@yahoo.com

Thanks for considering

This is who I have listed so far:

MMCGUIRK, 2

Shelby Tom, 3

Aonebadbone, 3

0H0050, 2

Pottydr ?

Please pass on to other TS members. I will RSVP around the March 20th for all of us. Tom, know how many? I will also post what exit to take to get to the Salinas Airport from Hwy 101as we get closer.

Any TS member wishing to come from the south, let me know and I will connect you with the suthern group traveling north.

ShelbyTom +2. :happy feet:

Mike,

Do you want to meet up about 8:15 and drive to the airport? :shift:

Art,

You could join us in San Jose.

Sounds like a plan. Same place as the start of the Bash?

Just FYI from the group organizer:, not shure as to who the Carroll Shelby expert is. Should still be a great time.

We are having a great variety of people and cars this time at the lake. I have talked with S.L.O. Corvettes, a Corvette restoration group, Mike has been in contact with a Shelby group in the north county, Jeff Lyons, top mechanic / engine builder in my area, There is a Salen(?) from Cambria, Eddie and Warren, and Chris with their Porsche's, and,, Jimmy G will be there.

We will also be having a person who is a Carol Shelby expert, he know about everything about the King Snake as he does about himself.

I gave a preliminary update to Mike of Central Coast Cobras. Five cars with 12 for lunch. I figured if Pottydr comes he may have two.

Pass the word on. I know the show is on the same weekend. I will finalize our RSVP on the 20th as that is the date they want a firm count from everyone. I will also post the exit to take at 101 in Salinas for the airport. Most likely it says airport. Can't wait. Lets pray for good weather. :happy feet:

Harold,

Can you give more details on the meeting spot. I think you said Salinas Airport between 9:30 and 10:00 am?

Can you confirm please.

Tom, It will be good to see you again.

Hello all

The weather is predicted to be about 76 on Saturday at the lake. :happy feet: This is who I have confirmed:

Michael, McGuirk 2

Tom, Shelby Tom 3

Art, aonebadbone 3

Harald, H0050 2

Tom, Cali KR 2

Rick, Pottydr 2

14 for lunch.

:shift: You will be going to the Salinas Airport. Take 101 south to Salinas and look for Airport Blvd exit and take the off ramp. At the light make a left turn on Airport Blvd & go over 101. Go straight (you will pass Moffett & Mercer Way) until you reach Skyway Blvd, make a right and parking lot is on the left. Watch the dip pulling into the parking lot.

We need to meet between 9:30 and 10:00 am. PM me if you need my cell #. It is also on the CS 86 Bash list that was created. I always have it with me.

This is the email I got from one of the coordinators.

Well Gang,

The response for this years cruise has been incredible. It looks like we more than doubled the amount of cars from last year and it is looking like we might break a hundred people for the BBQ. I ordered tables for 100 from the Parks Dept. The weather is supposed to be great and it should be a fun time and lots of different cars. We even have a couple of GT40’s and original Shelby’s coming. So shine up your car and get ready for a great day. If you have not committed yet and still want to go, Howard is buying the food on Thursday. So let him know ASAP if you want to come and have not already contacted us. Please e-mail to centralcoastcobras@yahoo.com to let Howard know to buy more food. See you on Saturday.

Michael C. Kaplan

Archived