TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where is the SGT New upfit....

Just received a list of available SGT mods from Bud; however, the email has a exclusive and confidential use statement which doesn't allow sharing the information on any public web forum without permission.

Guessing amoung other things that there may be an issue with a moving target in terms of which mods are available and potential price adjustments downstream.

Good news is that Bud was quick to reply.

Lg

They could always post the list with a statement that it's "Subject to Change".

A list of mods from available parts is not an upgrade package. The first ideas for a Shelby GT package came after the announcement of the 40th Anniversary package for the GT500 and the GT500KR car announcement. Then came the Super Snake package, the Terlingua package, the the Super Snake 427 package, the Shelby GT-R car (which I would buy if I had the funds), and lastly the Super Snake Drag package.

Us interested owners are looking for a Shelby GT upgrade package complete with badging and registry documentation. Not just a list of mods that we can purchase and have installed ourselves.

I agree with Swede here. I think if SAI could come out with a Shelby GT AFTER title package would be awesome.

In the ask Amy section this has been discussed. The folks that own these cars know more what they want in a package, but I would love to see SAI offer them something.

Maybe a Shelby GT-R? Supercharger, Big Brake Kit, Razors, Guage Pack and ALOT of Shelby Perfomance shiny stuff!!!!

MM

Michael,

Don't forget the curb feelers and a new "710" cap should also be included

A list of mods from available parts is not an upgrade package. The first ideas for a Shelby GT package came after the announcement of the 40th Anniversary package for the GT500 and the GT500KR car announcement. Then came the Super Snake package, the Terlingua package, the the Super Snake 427 package, the Shelby GT-R car (which I would buy if I had the funds), and lastly the Super Snake Drag package.

Us interested owners are looking for a Shelby GT upgrade package complete with badging and registry documentation. Not just a list of mods that we can purchase and have installed ourselves.

what he said x10000!

Been there, done that, I have purchased a lot of parts from SPP and most of my 20g has been spread around to other vendors. Only thing I really need to do is install bigger brakes, but I do not want to lose my 18's but I really like the SGT-C Orange with the S-1 shelby wheels and I will wait untill he post some pictures and then deside, Rick

Wilwood makes a big brake kit that'll clear the 18's. They use a 13" rotor with the 6 piston caliper up front and the 4 piston in the rear, as opposed to the 14" rotor that Baer uses. Just a heads up, if you want to upgrade your brakes significantly and keep the 18's (as I do), Wilwood is an option.

Ken

Wilwood makes a big brake kit that'll clear the 18's. They use a 13" rotor with the 6 piston caliper up front and the 4 piston in the rear, as opposed to the 14" rotor that Baer uses. Just a heads up, if you want to upgrade your brakes significantly and keep the 18's (as I do), Wilwood is an option.

Ken

good to know, thanks Ken

Archived