TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone spoken with or heard from Mac (lulu)

07SGT4578

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep us posted guys. Mac is a great asset to this site and is truely missed when he's absent for whatever reason. Personally I hope all is well and he's just on an extended road trip, airing out Lulu every chance he gets.

Jim

I hope all is well, but since Mac was a regular teacher here I suspect something is not good. I'll say a prayer for him.

Chip Beck....Anyone hear from him lately too? It was always good to read his posts, he is smart and had a way with journalism.

Where are these guys?

I was wondering about Mac just last night also, and also Chip earlier during the week. I know Chip's mother passed away and he sort of disappeared after that.

That is really odd. Both have been daily posters since I've joined (which isn't long). Mac helped me with tunes and gears the first couple months I was on. I guess I'm not that surprised that Chip would take a break after all he has gone through. Mac on the other hand.... I too will pray for both and hope we hear good news shortly.

Mac was in Las Vegas for CS86 and I talked with him after he got home to Chicago. I have a home number, a cell number, an e-mail address and his home address. I have come up empty with everything else so I have put a letter in the mail today from San Diego. If, God forbid, Mac is back in the hospital I am hoping that someone is taking his mail to him. I will report in when I hear something.

Jim

I too was wondering this very same thing. I've been concerned about him since CS86 and the long road trip home. I'm happy to hear that he has made it back to Chicago. . . . . . I must agree, however, that he is missed. I've sent him an e-mail also and have not heard back from him to date.

Mac - if you're out there - let us know!!

Trevor

I sent him an e-mail a couple of weeks ago and never had a reply. I was wondering about him as well. If any hears anything, please post. I know he was looking forward to coming to Shelby Fest. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a fall cruise we had and he was a blast to talk to. I just hope everything is OK with him.

All:

I called Mac's cell a few days ago but it went into voice mail. I left him a message that we missed him and were concerned. He hasn't called me back yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Do you know any Chicago police officers? Given that Mac is retired from there, maybe they have a way to track him down. He was hurting at CS86 from a recent surgery. The problem with Mac is that he won't complain not matter what. I figured out he was not feeling all that well when he was not racing his car as much as he had the opportunity. Maybe you should drive by and bang on his door?

Jim

Hey Jeff,

Do you know any Chicago police officers? Given that Mac is retired from there, maybe they have a way to track him down. He was hurting at CS86 from a recent surgery. The problem with Mac is that he won't complain not matter what. I figured out he was not feeling all that well when he was not racing his car as much as he had the opportunity. Maybe you should drive by and bang on his door?

Jim

+1

I know in my area, all you have to do is call the cops and ask for a wellfare check and they are happy to go and check on something like this that doesn't seem right. If you have his information, I would call the police department in his area and ask.

I may have not been as clear as I meant to be. I am not concerned with Mac being at home and somehow stricken. I believe he lives alone but he has a circle of friends (many gearheads) who are, I am sure, aware of whatever is going on. What I was suggesting was using a police contact that someone might have to see if there is a way to get word to Mac that folks would like to hear from him. He is a tough hombre and will probably give us hell for being so concerned about him when he surfaces.

Jim

I may have not been as clear as I meant to be. I am not concerned with Mac being at home and somehow stricken. I believe he lives alone but he has a circle of friends (many gearheads) who are, I am sure, aware of whatever is going on. What I was suggesting was using a police contact that someone might have to see if there is a way to get word to Mac that folks would like to hear from him. He is a tough hombre and will probably give us hell for being so concerned about him when he surfaces.

Jim

Still.. when people don't respond it's a reason for concern no matter how tough they are. I've had a very bad experience in my life before which start by someone not reponding. I don't know Mac nor do I have any of his information; if I did, I have him check on.

Archived