TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OLD QUESTION/PROBLEM

IT'S NOT GOING TO TAKE YOU REGULARS TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE SITE FOR AWHILE BUT WAS ALWAYS LOOKING JUST NOT ACTIVE BUT HEY I TOOK THE COVER OFF AND THE CAR OUT A WEEK AGO SO THE OLD PUMP IS PUMPIMG AGAIN. WHEN I PICKED NUMBER 080050 LAST SPRING AMY AND BUD LARRY AND EVERYBODY CAME OUT AND WE TOOK PICTURES AND THE WHOLE DEAL ANYWAYS I AKED ABOUT THE STRUT TOWER BRACE----MINES A 735HP AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS--THEY THOUGHT OUT OF R&D AND WOULD BE AVAILIBLE SOON. WHATS THE DEFINATION OF SOON HERE OR DID I JUST FALL THROUGH THE CRACKS?

THANKS AGAIN.

BOB

SEMPER FI

IT'S NOT GOING TO TAKE YOU REGULARS TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE SITE FOR AWHILE BUT WAS ALWAYS LOOKING JUST NOT ACTIVE BUT HEY I TOOK THE COVER OFF AND THE CAR OUT A WEEK AGO SO THE OLD PUMP IS PUMPIMG AGAIN. WHEN I PICKED NUMBER 080050 LAST SPRING AMY AND BUD LARRY AND EVERYBODY CAME OUT AND WE TOOK PICTURES AND THE WHOLE DEAL ANYWAYS I AKED ABOUT THE STRUT TOWER BRACE----MINES A 735HP AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS--THEY THOUGHT OUT OF R&D AND WOULD BE AVAILIBLE SOON. WHATS THE DEFINATION OF SOON HERE OR DID I JUST FALL THROUGH THE CRACKS?

THANKS AGAIN.

BOB

SEMPER FI

So you have the 725 H.P S.S & looking to have a tower brace installed similar to the one in photo of the proto SS . What I understand is that there is not enough room between the KB s/c & the hood without it hitting .

So you have the 725 H.P S.S & looking to have a tower brace installed similar to the one in photo of the proto SS . What I understand is that there is not enough room between the KB s/c & the hood without it hitting .

really, looks like it fits to me

Picture001.jpg

Ya that def. has motor mounts that has lowered it im guessing around 3/4" to an 1". I have the KB and the ss hood and had to take of the KR brace when I put on the KB. Obviously the brace cannot be mounted with the kenne bell, but I did lay both of the braces over the s/c and was able to close the hood without it hitting. I think the issue is making a brace the goes over the engine the majority of the way and then bending it at a more extreme angle on the sides so it can mount to the srut tower..

Ya that def. has motor mounts that has lowered it im guessing around 3/4" to an 1". I have the KB and the ss hood and had to take of the KR brace when I put on the KB. Obviously the brace cannot be mounted with the kenne bell, but I did lay both of the braces over the s/c and was able to close the hood without it hitting. I think the issue is making a brace the goes over the engine the majority of the way and then bending it at a more extreme angle on the sides so it can mount to the srut tower..

I e-mailed Bud about this very thing last week and he replied stating there is still no strut bar to fit over the KB but SPP is currently working on it and hopes to have something soon.

Different topic, does anyone have an SS with the new headrest covers? Apparently they are not "pull-overs" any longer but are custom made head rest covers.

And another thing, I finally gave my deposit to SAI yesterday for the SS conversion and was told I would be contacted in 60 days for scheduling. I can't tell you how JACKED up I am to be getting close. For those wondering I am 08SS0247 and will be going with the 725 HP package after reading all of the recommendations on the board. This board is awesome by the way...

I e-mailed Bud about this very thing last week and he replied stating there is still no strut bar to fit over the KB but SPP is currently working on it and hopes to have something soon.

Different topic, does anyone have an SS with the new headrest covers? Apparently they are not "pull-overs" any longer but are custom made head rest covers.

And another thing, I finally gave my deposit to SAI yesterday for the SS conversion and was told I would be contacted in 60 days for scheduling. I can't tell you how JACKED up I am to be getting close. For those wondering I am 08SS0247 and will be going with the 725 HP package after reading all of the recommendations on the board. This board is awesome by the way...

:happy feet: congrats :happy feet:

Congrats.

Im still stoked about mine and I have had it almost a year

MM

Very cool. You won't be sorry you went with the 725 package.

I'VE BEEN STRAIGHT AND POSITIVE WITH AND ABOUT SHELBY AND LOVE MY SS ---BUT CAN YOU BUY INTO THAT THEY HOPE TO HAVE SOMETHING SOON WHEN THEY WE'RE AT THAT SAME POINT OVER A YEAR AGO. SERIOUSLY IS IT IN ACTIVELY IN R&D OR NOT. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN IT MENTIOED IN ANY UPDATE OF ANYKIND. STONEWALLING WAITING FOR THE 735 PEOPLE TO FORGET ABOUT IS I'M SAD TO SAY WHAT I FEEL.

The 725 package is very comforting...you know you always have more to ante up when necessary. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

I have read all your comments about the hood and tower brace but I would like to know two things

1) Has ANYONE finally come up with a brace that fits??

2) Have any of you noticed ANY problems with not having a brace on??

I would like to hear from any of you as I have just installed my KB supercharger and not too crazy about having all that extra power and not the extra strength of having the towers tied together. Please let me know. Take care Mustangnut

Archived