TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GOT THE SNAKE CALL!!!

Well, it's been ten months since registering for a slot and all of a sudden I got the call from Doug for the deposit! :happy feet: :drool:

Doug said three months most likely when he will call to have the car delivered; all of a sudden reality set in when forking over the 10K. I'd really like to deliver the car just to experience the visit to SAI and meet the Shelby folks, but I would have to take leave to haul the car about 2500 miles from the east coast and the trip would be demanding obviously! I know your thinking why not send the car to Tasca? I chose SAI because of the nostalgia of having the car transformed at the historical SAI factory.

Who would be the best shipper to take super good care of my beast for shipping to SAI? :headscratch:

Thx,

Jim

Well, it's been ten months since registering for a slot and all of a sudden I got the call from Doug for the deposit! :happy feet: :drool:

Doug said three months most likely when he will call to have the car delivered; all of a sudden reality set in when forking over the 10K. I'd really like to deliver the car just to experience the visit to SAI and meet the Shelby folks, but I would have to take leave to haul the car about 2500 miles from the east coast and the trip would be demanding obviously! I know your thinking why not send the car to Tasca? I chose SAI because of the nostalgia of having the car transformed at the historical SAI factory.

Who would be the best shipper to take super good care of my beast for shipping to SAI? :headscratch:

Thx,

Jim

Jim, here's a link to SAI's web site that list shippers. I use Intercity.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/Links.asp

Why not drive the car to TASCA? Save the worry and a few thousand bucks.

Like I mentioned in my original post, I like the idea of having the SAI factory transforming my car because of the nostalgia of that factory being Mr. Shelby's home. At this stage in my life (55), I'm not taking my coin to the grave, so I will spend the coin one way or the other if I tow the car myself, or pay someone. I will definitely take a trip there to tow the car when the transformation is complete.

Thx,

Jim

Jim-

I too used Accurate Auto Carriers. First Class!!! Jeremy is awesome to work with and my car should be delivered this weekend. There carriers are high tech and completely enclosed. They will deliver your take off parts for a small charge (tip the driver $200). I shipped from Toledo Ohio and actually got my car delivered early to SAI because of the relationship that Jeremy at Accurate has with Shelby. They are a little pricey ($3000) from Toledo, but I think well worth the cost for a Super Snake.

Joe

Jim-

I too used Accurate Auto Carriers. First Class!!! Jeremy is awesome to work with and my car should be delivered this weekend. There carriers are high tech and completely enclosed. They will deliver your take off parts for a small charge (tip the driver $200). I shipped from Toledo Ohio and actually got my car delivered early to SAI because of the relationship that Jeremy at Accurate has with Shelby. They are a little pricey ($3000) from Toledo, but I think well worth the cost for a Super Snake.

Joe

Joe,

Thx much. very sound advice.

Jim

Like I mentioned in my original post, I like the idea of having the SAI factory transforming my car because of the nostalgia of that factory being Mr. Shelby's home. At this stage in my life (55), I'm not taking my coin to the grave, so I will spend the coin one way or the other if I tow the car myself, or pay someone. I will definitely take a trip there to tow the car when the transformation is complete.

I hear your desire to have your car done at SAI. You mentioned being 55 and wanting to enjoy the experience. Personally, I would DRIVE the car on out there--even if it puts a few miles on it. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! That way you know the route when you tow it back yourself.

Regardless-Congrats!

Tom

I hear your desire to have your car done at SAI. You mentioned being 55 and wanting to enjoy the experience. Personally, I would DRIVE the car on out there--even if it puts a few miles on it. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! That way you know the route when you tow it back yourself.

Regardless-Congrats!

Tom

Hey Tom,

That's not a bad idea! But, after 35 years in the USMC, I can barely sit an hour driving a car without the bones beginning to stiffen up; shooting pains, etc. Heck, I count my blessings every day though to have surived four wars, and have the unreal chance of a life time and the $ to have my dream car. Man, I can't wait to get the beast home, sit back, sip on glass of wine with a big stogey and just drool over the SS! :happy feet:

Thx Tom!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Thx,

Jim

Jim who did you end up using. i put my deposit down 2 days ago and am told to bring her in now at any time? i am considering hauling her myself (denver to las vegas) behind my pickup truck....

Jim who did you end up using. i put my deposit down 2 days ago and am told to bring her in now at any time? i am considering hauling her myself (denver to las vegas) behind my pickup truck....

Congrats on the call.

The Denver to Las Vegas trip should be fun.. Not to long but long enough.

BoneDoc,

Sorry for the late response. I am using Jeremy from Accurate Auto Carrier, Inc (989) 426-9790. First class outfit; and Jeremy is a class act; he ships most of the KR's from SAI, and his rate is better than any other I checked. $3250.00 round trip from MD to SAI and back, and that includes the pallet of parts. I plan on flying out there to accept the car; just couldn't take that much time off of work for a five day one way hauling the beast journey to SAI, and then hauling back.

Jim

Archived